Bracketmeister
Bracketmeister Emeritus (retired)

Bracketmeister
@rjeffb avatar
UTC quote
>Key issue would be aesthetic

Incorrect: the key issue would be $$$$$

and the price of 300 series steel went up significantly this year for reasons I am a bit vague on (are oil speculators to blame for that too?).

I am betting that, like the UFP up front, there is going to wind up being enough existing support in three dimensions underneath that /500 floorpad to make this work while keeping the whole thing reasonable in size and price, whether through an entire new bracket or a new use for the UFP. BTW I just got my Rivco pegs so it is a race between Dirt and me (or Ken Berger, but he's gone suddenly radio silent on the subject...hint hint Ken, what's the point of having a girlfriend if you can't use her to try out scooter mods...) as to who is first going to try out UFPs in the back in a real-world test.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
well I got my old UFP's mounted to the pass area and the new UFP/XT installed for me. I had to steal my pegs for my wifes and right now mine are empty holes Crying or Very sad emoticon . I'm working on getting a adaptor for her ISO pegs cause she like them and won't have that till next week.
Tomorrow we are going to do a test ride down to Tellico Plains to have lunch at "The Bakery".
@cubsking99 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Yamaha Vino 125

Ossessionato
@cubsking99 avatar
2007 Yamaha Vino 125
UTC quote
old as dirt wrote:
well I got my old UFP's mounted to the pass area and the new UFP/XT installed for me. I had to steal my pegs for my wifes and right now mine are empty holes Crying or Very sad emoticon . I'm working on getting a adaptor for her ISO pegs cause she like them and won't have that till next week.
Tomorrow we are going to do a test ride down to Tellico Plains to have lunch at "The Bakery".
The bakery bakery, or the cafe & bakery?
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
CubsKing99 wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
The bakery bakery, or the cafe & bakery?
there is only 1 "Bakery" the other is a cafe'.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
ok I am back from the Bakery run. My wife liked the foot position but she did not like the amount of flex in them. The flex is coming from having only 1 solid frame mount point the other screw keeps it from twisting and does fine. So now I need to take some pics and see what I can come up with a little better stiffness but keeping it close to the same concept.
a chocolate raspberry brownie. This is really good
a chocolate raspberry brownie. This is really good
a strawberry delight. we had these last weekend
a strawberry delight. we had these last weekend
OP
@rjeffb avatar
UTC

Bracketmeister

Bracketmeister
@rjeffb avatar
UTC quote
Couple of notes.

1. My idea of nesting a UFP between the front floorpad screws did not work out due to the flex OAD cites. The UFP pops out of position at the first big bump. OAD has the correct idea, which is to swivel the UFP a bit inboard and drill a hole to lock it down using the inboard screw (which does not exist on a /250 or /400).

2. Thinking about a bumper. Unfortunately the UFP's geometry is not such that the stock bumper can fit between the UFP peg ear and the side of the floorpad platform...but there might still be a way to rig something at a right-angle to transfer the load backwards to the floorpad area, or possible a link down to the back of the driver floorboard.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
here are a few pis of how I installed mine.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@gonzob avatar
UTC

Addicted
Previously:Fuoco 500ie with Active Suspension. Now: CTX700

Addicted
@gonzob avatar
UTC quote
Ok, here's an idea:

You know the little removable panels next to the pillion footplates? The ones you remove to do the tappets/plugs, etc. Well, how about putting a hefty bar through there from one side to the other? That would take the flex out. There's plenty of room forward of the rocker cover to get something through, and the engine only moves a bit.

You'd have to cut a neat hole in both panels, but it's not the end of the world.

Gonzo
OP
@rjeffb avatar
UTC

Bracketmeister

Bracketmeister
@rjeffb avatar
UTC quote
GonzoB wrote:
Ok, here's an idea:

You know the little removable panels next to the pillion footplates? The ones you remove to do the tappets/plugs, etc. Well, how about putting a hefty bar through there from one side to the other? That would take the flex out. There's plenty of room forward of the rocker cover to get something through, and the engine only moves a bit.

You'd have to cut a neat hole in both panels, but it's not the end of the world.

Gonzo
I'll defer to others on that one. I had already peeked behind that panel, saw spark plug wires and other things probably best left undisturbed, got discouraged and put the panel back on.
@gonzob avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@gonzob avatar
UTC quote
Ok Jeff, here's some encouragement:

Here's a photo with the covers removed and a square tube inserted:
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

Here's the view from the top:

And one from the side:

Note that the bar is in EXACTLY the right position (IMHO) for having a set of pillion pegs on the end.

Imagine this bar with a tapped hole (M10 or 3/8") in the end for the footpegs, and a couple of mounting plates to replace the chequerplate pillion footplates. They'd be bent upwards to bolt onto the sides of the bar (in 2 places each side).

You wouldn't have to secure the bar to the frame, because the footplate mountings would be strong enough. It would be easy to remove the whole assembly to do the tappets/plugs.

Piece of cake!

Gonzo.
⚠️ Last edited by GonzoB on UTC; edited 1 time
OP
@rjeffb avatar
UTC

Bracketmeister

Bracketmeister
@rjeffb avatar
UTC quote
What about it, guys? I'm thinking a simple L-bracket from the forward floorpad screw up to the square tubing, not to provide any significant support but just to hold it in position. Iso peg clevis in the ends to accept one of those offset foot pegs.

MJM50, OAD, B24, whaddya think? I do hate to cut out a body panel but at least that looks like something that could be easily replaced, or even if it was a round hole possibly plugged. What are the potential downsides: what would happen if somebody put all their weight on just one side, what about the engine heat, etc.?

What is actually supporting that bar - I presume it is bridging the /500 floorpad risers, right? (so a /400 owner would need to have those risers - can they be easily installed on a /400?) And a fair amount of pressure - cosine of the passenger's calf angle - will be pushing against the tupperware forward of the hatch (I presume that there is no actual internal metal that bar is pushing against) - what is the long-term prognosis of that plastic standing up?
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
rjeffb wrote:
What about it, guys? I'm thinking a simple L-bracket from the forward floorpad screw up to the square tubing, not to provide any significant support but just to hold it in position. Iso peg clevis in the ends to accept one of those offset foot pegs.

MJM50, OAD, B24, whaddya think? I do hate to cut out a body panel but at least that looks like something that could be easily replaced, or even if it was a round hole possibly plugged. What are the potential downsides: what would happen if somebody put all their weight on just one side, what about the engine heat, etc.?

What is actually supporting that bar - I presume it is bridging the /500 floorpad risers, right? (so a /400 owner would need to have those risers - can they be easily installed on a /400?) And a fair amount of pressure - cosine of the passenger's calf angle - will be pushing against the tupperware forward of the hatch (I presume that there is no actual internal metal that bar is pushing against) - what is the long-term prognosis of that plastic standing up?
not a bad idea, need to go out to the scoot and snoop around . I think there is frame tube that a clamp could be use to support the bar concept. might have to move the wires bundles attached to it though.
This might be getting outside of your kiss methods though.
OP
@rjeffb avatar
UTC

Bracketmeister

Bracketmeister
@rjeffb avatar
UTC quote
>getting outside of your kiss methods

Borderline KISS. I can see how it could be fairly simple but I can also see it quickly getting more complicated than it's worth. I think several people will be snooping around their engine compartments tomorrow. You certainly have to give Gonzo props for out-of-the-box (or in this case, I guess inside-the-box) thinking!
@gonzob avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@gonzob avatar
UTC quote
old as dirt wrote:
not a bad idea, need to go out to the scoot and snoop around . I think there is frame tube that a clamp could be use to support the bar concept. might have to move the wires bundles attached to it though.
This might be getting outside of your kiss methods though.
OAD, I think the trick is to NOT connect it to a frame member. The heaviest loads are likely to be vertical. Lets say the pillion is standing with his full weight on the end of the tube. The pillion's weight will be transferred to the existing pillion support as a downward force a bit more than the pillion's weight, and the footplate on the other side will be pulling the bar down. Because of the long lever arm, the up-force on the other footplate should be small.

What all my verbage above says is that I don't think you'll need to attach it to the frame. Yes, it would be nice to do so, but It certainly wouldn't be KISS.

I like Jeff's idea of a round hole in the panels with a plug.

Gonzo
@bravotwofour avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now

Ossessionato
@bravotwofour avatar
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now
UTC quote
rjeffb wrote:

Best idea I have seen in this thread so far. Looking forward to seeing how you flesh it out - looks to me like it should be pretty straightforward.
@mjm50cal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Red MP3 500 RUBY DRAGON

Ossessionato
@mjm50cal avatar
Red MP3 500 RUBY DRAGON
UTC quote
So you would bolt a bracket to the tubing? I would be concerned about forward forces. I agree the downward forces are addressed sufficiently.
⚠️ Last edited by mjm50cal on UTC; edited 1 time
OP
@rjeffb avatar
UTC

Bracketmeister

Bracketmeister
@rjeffb avatar
UTC quote
Lower foot, lose flesh
I did not get to poke around the engine compartment yet. I do have a concern about how hot it gets so close to the engine head.

Somewhere recently I saw a set of 3/8" offset pegs whose heads consisted of two matching grooved halves so you could mount the one side, and then screw the peg leg to that at literally any angle you wanted. And they weren't even very expensive. Now I am kicking myself for not bookmarking it because that might be perfect for Gonzo's bar idea.

By the way, my ongoing UFP-in-back experiment did yield an important finding: if you are going to saw off part of the UFP make sure you do a really good job of eliminating any jagged edges. Especially on a warm day wearing shorts.
OP
@rjeffb avatar
UTC

Bracketmeister

Bracketmeister
@rjeffb avatar
UTC quote
Here's the UPP design submitted for a quote, fingers crossed. The peg ear now arcs down and forward to the same angle as the UFP, with an integral bumper (mounted in the top right hole). I gave up on the idea of having a squared-off peg ear when I, um, came to appreciate how important it is for any surface that might contact the driver's calves to be as smooth and round as possible (see post just above). The peg ear is smaller than a UFP/3-/LT-(and especially)-/XT, and if I had it my way (and ultimately, I might) I'd actually just have a single hole like the old UFP/1 but this design does potentially give a tall passenger another 3/4" of stretch at only a .38" sacrifice of driver leg clearance...assuming that a full-foot peg position is even possible, which is still very much an unknown. Girlfriend prefers toe on the peg (very do-able), stepdaughter prefers foot on the peg (we'll see).
Anything and everything that might jam me in my calves is smooth and oh-so-round
Anything and everything that might jam me in my calves is smooth and oh-so-round
⬆️    About 28 days elapsed    ⬇️
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
any new things on these yet?
OP
@rjeffb avatar
UTC

Bracketmeister

Bracketmeister
@rjeffb avatar
UTC quote
old as dirt wrote:
any new things on these yet?
I've been dreading somebody asking that.

The per-dozen price came back quite reasonable, actually a touch cheaper than an equivalent number of UFPs. It was the price of the initial prototype that rocked me back: $350. For one set.

Now it's true that this shop is constantly trying to negotiate things every time I place an order. But that's just absurd - the original UFP/0 prototype was $150, and I was just some guy who walked in off the street. Hell, they did the UFP/3 prototype for free.

So in a snit, I took my drawing to their competitor - only to find out it is run by the brother of the owner of my current shop. After I had finished bitching about what a ripoff operation they were.

Oops.

So I guess I either have to find a genuinely different shop (this shop is a mile away from my house which is pretty convenient) or start negotiating.

I really like Gonzo's idea, but to make it work it needs offset peg arms and the only ones I can find are around $150 alone. Plus pegs (the expensive kind) and the mod itself and I'm right back to the $300+ realm again with no reduction in price for production scale.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
sounds like a lot of costs. Time to back up and regroup again. The more I look at his concept I might play around with that and that peg he also has mounted with the 1 bolt. have to look for a little long peg than those HD ones he has. I think the pass would like another inch to the outside and the way those kinda push up to the front lip to help stabilize looks ok.
@cubsking99 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Yamaha Vino 125

Ossessionato
@cubsking99 avatar
2007 Yamaha Vino 125
UTC quote
Why can't you just use the square tubing as the footrest, extending it a little wider if need be? That's what I did for my highway bars. I added some foam to make it a little softer on the feet, and I've been extremely happy with them.

Mark
@cubsking99 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Yamaha Vino 125

Ossessionato
@cubsking99 avatar
2007 Yamaha Vino 125
UTC quote
Or, if you don't want to do that, check out some of the pegs from JC Whitney. You can browse through them online. And if you want to see some real-world pics, I'm going to try to go to the outlet store on Friday, so just let me know what you want to see...

Mark
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
CubsKing99 wrote:
Why can't you just use the square tubing as the footrest, extending it a little wider if need be? That's what I did for my highway bars. I added some foam to make it a little softer on the feet, and I've been extremely happy with them.

Mark
I would like to keep the access covers intact and closed.
@cagedodger avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
NC700XD

Molto Verboso
@cagedodger avatar
NC700XD
UTC quote
I really like the idea of a pass through bar. If you make it a solid square 5/8" bar then you can add folding pegs to it similar to how I mounted my forward pegs (see this link for details).

You could also use neoprene or rubber grommets to give the panels a finished look if you bore them out. If you go that route, I'd want to make sure that the cross-brace clears the engine in every extremity of movement and that there's a nice solid way to tie it onto the frame under the plastic.

There's definitely a lot of potential with these approaches, so I'm looking forward to seeing all the different end results.
OP
@rjeffb avatar
UTC

Bracketmeister

Bracketmeister
@rjeffb avatar
UTC quote
Using just a bar has the same fatal flaw as UFO's original footpeg brackets: limiting extension to just one axis. In both cases, you're allowing the individual to put their foot out wider but not lower or further. This will only satisfy a subset of passengers whose legs just happen to be the "correct" length. Most passengers will gain little or no relief while every driver will have toes jamming in their calves. To an engineer, definite minor disadvantage plus improbable minor advantage = no go.

A much much much much better solution would be to hang an offset peg off the end of the bar. The peg's bracket or arm could be rotated to any angle that makes the passenger most comfortable. I already know how to do this. For example: get a long length of square tubing; get a short length of square threaded bar tapped 3/8"; put the threaded bar inside the end of the square tubing; drill a vertical hole through both and run a 6mm screw through to secure them to one another and to the /500 footpad; screw a Küryakyn longhorn offset footpeg into the threaded bar; and adjust the footpeg angle as desired.

Very strong, and adjustable to fit any passenger. There is a limit to how far forward you can go due to the horizontal component of force pushing on the single footpad screw (this assumes no mounting to the frame) and interference with the driver's legs but otherwise any position desired is possible. The problem is it is too damned expensive. Somewhere on the Internet I saw an inexpensive set of adjustable offset pegs (or maybe they were peg brackets) using two splined discs, but I have been unable to find them again.
@cagedodger avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
NC700XD

Molto Verboso
@cagedodger avatar
NC700XD
UTC quote
The bar solution would achieve one very desirable fix and that's the foot angle of the passenger. In stock form, it's pretty awful. With pegs, even at the same level as the floorboards, the passenger would be free change the angle that their feet rest on the pegs and allow them to manipulate and stabilize their weight making for a much more comfortable ride for the passenger and the driver.

If you went offset on top of this, then that's just icing on the cake.
@torqueboy avatar
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500

Hooked
@torqueboy avatar
Piaggio MP3 500
UTC quote
rjeffb wrote:
Here's the UPP design submitted for a quote, fingers crossed. The peg ear now arcs down and forward to the same angle as the UFP, with an integral bumper (mounted in the top right hole). I gave up on the idea of having a squared-off peg ear when I, um, came to appreciate how important it is for any surface that might contact the driver's calves to be as smooth and round as possible (see post just above). The peg ear is smaller than a UFP/3-/LT-(and especially)-/XT, and if I had it my way (and ultimately, I might) I'd actually just have a single hole like the old UFP/1 but this design does potentially give a tall passenger another 3/4" of stretch at only a .38" sacrifice of driver leg clearance...assuming that a full-foot peg position is even possible, which is still very much an unknown. Girlfriend prefers toe on the peg (very do-able), stepdaughter prefers foot on the peg (we'll see).
I have a set of your UFP foot peg brackets and love them. I would really like to purchase a set of the UPP brackets if/when you get the design worked out and prototyped. I've been looking for a solution for my wife when riding two up and this would look good with the front UFPs. Plus I have a long ride planned for the end of summer and I would like to do something for her comfort before then. I understand the extra cost of prototyping to be a couple hundred dollars higher than the UFPs, but could you distribute that cost to those purchasing the first batch? If you did a run of twenty bracket sets I'd be willing to absorb the extra $10 for my set. I'm sure many other people would be willing to do the same.
OP
@rjeffb avatar
UTC

Bracketmeister

Bracketmeister
@rjeffb avatar
UTC quote
Cage - I hear you, but it's so close to being perfect (with offset pegs) instead of just another compromise.

Torque - you miss the point. What if the prototype doesn't work? Then there's a redesign, and another prototype. Another $350. And that's pretty likely, actually; the UFP/3 prototype that they provided free was really a second prototype off the UFP/1. I got all of that done for $150. Based on the proposed pricing, I would have paid $700 to get the design down pat. YIKES! The subsequent /LT and /XT designs did not require prototyping because the "important" stuff (the arc, the dihedral) had by then been settled.

And then there's the whole "sense of propriety" thing: I don't like them ripping off me...or my MV buds!
@torqueboy avatar
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500

Hooked
@torqueboy avatar
Piaggio MP3 500
UTC quote
Understood rjeffb. Anyway, I do hope you find someone that can prototype the brackets for a reasonable price. If nothing else you could look into plastic printing if you need a first prototype just for checking fit and function. It's usually pretty cheap. Cheers.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
theres a possibilty on having a prototype. oopsclunk had some funnels done for filling the gear oil that he had made up out of plastic. wonder if the same could be done with the UPP's
OP
@rjeffb avatar
UTC

Bracketmeister

Bracketmeister
@rjeffb avatar
UTC quote
Here's what I am thinking on the bar solution. You get a piece of 3/4" square tubing (that's just over 1" diagonal). You run it through as Gonzo suggests and you screw it down to the /500 floorpad. The length is such that it just overhangs the floorpad by less than an inch on each side.

Onto the end of this tube you clamp the below. It is intended to mount to a 1" tube, but I am thinking that with enough force it will lock down onto a 1" diagonal square tube as well. You can adjust it to any angle (I think - it looks like the peg hinge can swivel but the description does not specifically say so and that would suck if it didn't). These pegs are not cheap (around $125) but a lot cheaper than the others I was looking at and possibly not requiring any welding since they are bolting directly to the tube and not needing a threaded hole to screw to.

EDIT: Hmm, those pegs appear to have been discontinued and are now only available in 1.25". That means that the tubing would have to be around 0.80" to fit. Damn...
Kuryakyn Short Right Angle Mount with 1 inch Diameter Clamps and Small ISO-Pegs
Kuryakyn Short Right Angle Mount with 1 inch Diameter Clamps and Small ISO-Pegs
@cagedodger avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
NC700XD

Molto Verboso
@cagedodger avatar
NC700XD
UTC quote
You could just get that sized tubing, but you'd need a way to secure it that would lock it from rotating.

I'm liking the back and forth. We might get a good, easily bolt on solution for the passenger (not counting mjm50cal's solution, since although it's quite good, require sawing off the lock loop and some custom welding).
@cubsking99 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Yamaha Vino 125

Ossessionato
@cubsking99 avatar
2007 Yamaha Vino 125
@mjm50cal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Red MP3 500 RUBY DRAGON

Ossessionato
@mjm50cal avatar
Red MP3 500 RUBY DRAGON
UTC quote
Cagedodger wrote:
You could just get that sized tubing, but you'd need a way to secure it that would lock it from rotating.

I'm liking the back and forth. We might get a good, easily bolt on solution for the passenger (not counting mjm50cal's solution, since although it's quite good, require sawing off the lock loop and some custom welding).
I didn't want to have to cut it off, but immediately realized that it was necessary to accomplish what i thought was more important.
In reality, who actually uses that lock loop on this forum?
@cagedodger avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
NC700XD

Molto Verboso
@cagedodger avatar
NC700XD
UTC quote
mjm50cal wrote:
I didn't want to have to cut it off, but immediately realized that it was necessary to accomplish what i thought was more important.
In reality, who actually uses that lock loop on this forum?
I did, then I realized that it was easier to just build a garage.

I can't rationalize it's use other than the occasional, but I don't like the idea of cutting it off. I'm not saying it's a good or bad idea, I just don't like it personally.
@maynard_schweigert avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500

Molto Verboso
MP3 500
UTC quote
CubsKing99 wrote:
Bought those for another project, complete crap. Best suited for homemade tote-goat.
Tote-Goat
Tote-Goat
OP
@rjeffb avatar
UTC

Bracketmeister

Bracketmeister
@rjeffb avatar
UTC quote
Maynard & CubsKing: I had already spotted those on JCW's site and got really excited. Very little offset but also very inexpensive. But then I realized that the photo seems to be wrong - Maynard please confirm this - that since these are folding pegs, then if you mount them in the orientation shown in the picture (peg positioned below the clamp) then the moment you put your foot on them they would unfold. I suspect that they are really supposed to be mounted in the opposite orientation, with the pegs higher than the clamps - kind of defeating the purpose I am after.
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500

Molto Verboso
MP3 500
UTC quote
Correct on all point. Here is what they do not show you.
Cheap is cheap!
Cheap is cheap!
⚠️ Last edited by Maynard Schweigert on UTC; edited 1 time
@bubbajon avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
RIP: MP3 500 - Brutto Moto

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@bubbajon avatar
RIP: MP3 500 - Brutto Moto
UTC quote
rjeffb wrote:
Here's what I am thinking on the bar solution. You get a piece of 3/4" square tubing (that's just over 1" diagonal). You run it through as Gonzo suggests and you screw it down to the /500 floorpad. The length is such that it just overhangs the floorpad by less than an inch on each side.

Onto the end of this tube you clamp the below. It is intended to mount to a 1" tube, but I am thinking that with enough force it will lock down onto a 1" diagonal square tube as well. You can adjust it to any angle (I think - it looks like the peg hinge can swivel but the description does not specifically say so and that would suck if it didn't). These pegs are not cheap (around $125) but a lot cheaper than the others I was looking at and possibly not requiring any welding since they are bolting directly to the tube and not needing a threaded hole to screw to.

EDIT: Hmm, those pegs appear to have been discontinued and are now only available in 1.25". That means that the tubing would have to be around 0.80" to fit. Damn...
Hey guys - what about those clamps for the front 500 tubing mentioned as a way to mount lights? Do they have other clamps that possibly have tabs in the direction we need?
Nice Bracket for MP3 500 Tubes
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0412s ][ Queries: 5 (0.0202s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingTwo ]