@rjeffb avatar
UTC

Bracketmeister
Bracketmeister Emeritus (retired)

Bracketmeister
@rjeffb avatar
Bracketmeister Emeritus (retired)
UTC quote
Mr. Dirt is in possession of the UPP prototype and will be running experiments. I anticipate he will be bringing it to the Lemon Juice Rally or Orangeaide or whatever, so if you're going have a look. I expect he will try mounting it to someone's /250 or /400 and provide feedback on how it could be best secured.

Only four people so far have gotten themselves on the UPP waiting list and that's not enough to justify placing an order. Hopefully once we have some more information and more people see a UPP in person that'll change.
⬆️    About 3 years elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

Hooked
2009 piaggio mp3 500 2013 Kawasaki Versys

Hooked
2009 piaggio mp3 500 2013 Kawasaki Versys
UTC quote
Thanks rjeffb!!!!
rjeffb wrote:
>When you say the footpad risers have to come off do mean just the silver metal piece?

NO!

As described in words and pictures in this thread, the /500 has a big chunk of plastic that sits atop the passenger floorpad that raises the passenger area about 2". The silver metal screws into this riser and the riser screws into the real, actual floorpad - see picture below.

That riser will have to come off in order to install pegs because the real mounting point is under the real floorpad - the screws that hold down the metal piece are dummies that don't do anything and have no structural strength (which is okay for their intended use - if I put a ladder on the floor, I don't have to screw the ladder to the ground in order to climb it but I might use some cheap screws anyway to keep the wind from blowing it over).

Adding a footpeg that raises the passenger's foot by an inch, after removing the riser and lowering the passenger's foot by 2 inches, is not moving in the direction that you are looking for.

Look through the link I posted above, there are several ideas for short passengers. The UPP is not one of them.
I just want to thank you, Jeff for this post without which I would not have been able to install the brackets! Great post with pix!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0155s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0070s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingTwo ]