@girlbike avatar
UTC

Sponsor
Vespa ET4

Sponsor
@girlbike avatar
Vespa ET4
UTC quote
I'm planning on getting new Conti Zippys for my ET, and noticed that there's an option for 130/70s for the rear. Is handling noticibly better with the wider version for general riding, or are they for a particular kind of riding style, road conditions, etc? thanks!

Crystal
@marc avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
06 GTS250. 00 Yamaha Vino airsal 70cc. 01 ET4 (wrecked). 67 Lambretta Vega125. 48 Beam Doodlebug Super. 1915 Board Track replica 80cc

Molto Verboso
@marc avatar
06 GTS250. 00 Yamaha Vino airsal 70cc. 01 ET4 (wrecked). 67 Lambretta Vega125. 48 Beam Doodlebug Super. 1915 Board Track replica 80cc
UTC quote
I recently put a 130/70/10 Zippy on the back of my et.
I love it.
although the caveat here is I had been running Sava whitewalls for a few years (about 4 or 5 sets) so the improvement in handling I guess would be more noticeable.
I think it is a great tire (tires) I have over a thousand miles on them and there is very little wear so far.
For the few extra dollars you will have more rubber on the road and that has to be all good.
dunno if this is a help or not,
marc
UTC

GTS 250 i.e.

GTS 250 i.e.
UTC quote
Re: ET rear tire question: 120/70 or 130/70?
I'm not an tire expert by any means, but I have experience in off-road tires..

There should not be a noticeable in handling and it would be dependant upon the size of tire you are coming from. A wider tire will offer better traction due to the larger tire patch and maybe a cushier ride, but could cause the scooter to lose some speed due increased resistance by having more tread on the pavement.

I think that the tire compound affects the handling more than size. A softer sticker compound will offer better performance, but the tire life will be shorter.

Hope this helps..
girlbike wrote:
I'm planning on getting new Conti Zippys for my ET, and noticed that there's an option for 130/70s for the rear. Is handling noticibly better with the wider version for general riding, or are they for a particular kind of riding style, road conditions, etc? thanks!

Crystal
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
UTC quote
get the 130/70
you will be delighted
marvel at the increased lean angles and revel in the better wear characteristics.

best,
-greasy
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0273s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0032s) ][ Debug on ][ 309 ][ Thing One ]