@zippygt avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GT 200 '04

Hooked
@zippygt avatar
Vespa GT 200 '04
UTC quote
Hi, what do people have their rear suspension set to on their GT 200s? I've had mine for 18 months now and I haven't touched it... Regularly carry passengers and was wondering if I'm missing out on something...

Cheers all

Dave
@jerryg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2005 Dragon Red Vespa ET4 Speedster

Ossessionato
@jerryg avatar
2005 Dragon Red Vespa ET4 Speedster
UTC quote
I've tried all three settings on my ET4. I like setting 2 for me, but it's your preference. How do you usually ride (solo or 2 up)? How much do you weigh? What kind of driving do you typically do (city, country)?

Best thing to do is experiment with each setting and see what suits you best.
@collbain2000 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2004 Vespa ET4

Hooked
@collbain2000 avatar
2004 Vespa ET4
UTC quote
Isn't there 4 settings on the ET4?

I almost always ride on #2, being the second softest. Even when riding two up, i keep it on 2 unless I'm taking a long trip at higher speeds. I find that this setting is a good mix for comfort and handling. For me, on #3, my tuchas can feel every bump in the road. Crying or Very sad emoticon
@napacoach avatar
UTC

Banned
M@

Banned
@napacoach avatar
M@
UTC quote
im fat & like my shocked on the highest/tightest setting
would not mind getting the set of bitubo's for the rear next
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
I'm about 6'1"/185 lbs and have played around with various settings and settled on '2'. If I was going more than a few miles two-up I'd go to '3'. The highest setting '4' would be reserved for going up into the hills two-up and with a load.

For me the '3' setting is a bit too hard in the rear (so to speak) and the the bike begins to feel unbalanced in curves, what with the front still being kinda mushy. A smaller and lighter person would probably be happy with setting '1' for everyday use, '2' if they want a tighter ride.
@bill_of_ojai avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS300 Super

Hooked
@bill_of_ojai avatar
GTS300 Super
UTC quote
It took many motorcycle-riding years for this to sink in. Rear suspension pre-load settings adjust the bike's ride height to compensate for rider and gear weight. To high for the load and your steering quickens.

Hope this helps a little.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0245s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0030s) ][ Debug on ][ 309 ][ Thing One ]