@jaws avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GT 200

Enthusiast
@jaws avatar
GT 200
UTC quote
I bought a Faco mid size screen from Motorsport Scooters they delivered to Oz in quick time and in one piece.
I had a Cuppini small screen which I sold, I found it to be worse with it on due to noise and buffetting.
The mid screen works fine it sheilds the wind and doesn't seem to buffett like the small screen and looks good too.
The Cuppini screen was finished off nicer than the Faco it was chromed smooth with one bar into the body instead of the extra bar welded on with the Faco but this is a minor issue and not one to worry about, it went together easier than the Cuppini. Bit hard to see in this photo but its there!
Cheers,
John

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@ramrezz425 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@ramrezz425 avatar
UTC quote
faco screen
just ordered one today from alex(13" windscreen), i'm gonna try it on a gts for fun.
hope i dont have to do any mods.
@theoz avatar
UTC

Sir Frets-A-Lot
Vespa GT250ie/L, Honda Ruckus 50, Honda NT700V, Honda CB125

Sir Frets-A-Lot
@theoz avatar
UTC quote
I have the same screen. Definitely a good one. Although, the "glass" (er, plastic) is a bit scratched up at this point... little wear marks, etc. Wonder if it can be replaced easily?

Not that it's hard to see through. It's not hear that yet... it's just an idle curiosity...
@bwyn avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS250 SOLD

Addicted
@bwyn avatar
GTS250 SOLD
UTC quote
I remember a product advertised for 'repairing' eye glasses. Wipe it on and let it dry. Wonder if it'd work on windscreens?
OP
@jaws avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GT 200

Enthusiast
@jaws avatar
GT 200
UTC quote
Re: faco screen
ramrezz425 wrote:
just ordered one today from alex(13" windscreen), i'm gonna try it on a gts for fun.
hope i dont have to do any mods.
I can't imagine the screen fitting being different to the GT200, the GTS is basically a cosmetic change with a larger engine, I'm sure the screen would slot right in.
Cheers'
John
@hayes avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2005 vespa px125 (sold) + 1998 Yamaha XJ600N

Molto Verboso
@hayes avatar
2005 vespa px125 (sold) + 1998 Yamaha XJ600N
UTC quote
That's actually a screen that almost makes the scoot look better

I usually don't really like screen, but this one is neat! How does it affect the performance or handling?
OP
@jaws avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GT 200

Enthusiast
@jaws avatar
GT 200
UTC quote
I must admit I haven't had a chance to go above 80 kph but I knew as soon as I rode with it it had none of the problems I experienced with the small screen. I will try and get out this weekend to give it a squirt.
Cheers,
John
@zippygt avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GT 200 '04

Hooked
@zippygt avatar
Vespa GT 200 '04
UTC quote
TheO.Z. wrote:
I have the same screen. Definitely a good one. Although, the "glass" (er, plastic) is a bit scratched up at this point... little wear marks, etc. Wonder if it can be replaced easily?

Not that it's hard to see through. It's not hear that yet... it's just an idle curiosity...
I polish my Piaggio screen with Auto Glym Super resin polish, which seems to remove the fine scratches. Hope this if of use...
@beale avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
None! I sold it :(

Ossessionato
@beale avatar
None! I sold it :(
UTC quote
Nice windscreen! Looks great on the bike. I debated between that one and this one. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/escaloni@sbcglobal.net/detail?.dir=/a1f4&.dnm=274dre2.jpg&.src=ph Not my bike but same screen. I went with the second one.
I really liked the look of the Faco, could not justify the extra $$. I picked up mpgs, and mph. Really am enjoying it, Beale.
@mgg avatar
UTC

Hooked
2007 BV500

Hooked
@mgg avatar
2007 BV500
UTC quote
I just got the same one you did Beale. I liked the idea that it covered the hands as in cold weather this is the only place I get cold.

I'm glad to hear it works out so well. I have not had a chance to put mine on yet. I do think the one that does not cover the hands is the best looking screen I have seen for the GT but I want my hands blocked from the wind in cold weather and don't wnat to put those really ugly wind blockers on.

MGG
@ralfie avatar
UTC

Vespa GTS 250 i.e.

@ralfie avatar
Vespa GTS 250 i.e.
UTC quote
Faco mid size screen
I am wondering if you are looking just over the top of the Faco mid size screen at normal riding position or through it. I prefer to just barely look over the top of a windshield and I can hunker down a bit if it is raining. I am thinking of getting the tall Vespa windsahield and cutting it down to my personal height.
@ralfie avatar
UTC

Vespa GTS 250 i.e.

@ralfie avatar
Vespa GTS 250 i.e.
UTC quote
Faco mid size screen
I forgot to ask, How tall are you. I am 6'2".
@quasi-moto avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
SawStop

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@quasi-moto avatar
SawStop
UTC quote
Meguiar's makes Scratch-X, which is made for removing small scratches from paint. I used it on my speedo when I was repainting my P series, and it removed all the scratches from my speedo lens. It does take a while, and a lot of rubbing.

You could probably do the same with a scratched windshield, but I'd try it in a small corner first.

Len
@theoz avatar
UTC

Sir Frets-A-Lot

Sir Frets-A-Lot
@theoz avatar
UTC quote
That's for the suggestions on the screen scratches (the fine ones of course)! I'll check it out.

For those wondering about handling I've actually noticed little to no difference... I think it makes the tank slap you get on the front a little more noticable but I've noticed no increase/decrease in my top speed and no "sail" effect you might imagine.

I put on my screen right before going down to LA from SF, and the screen saw me at a top speed of around 75 with no problem. It takes a lot of the force off your chest. The FACO screen is also short enough to see over during rain, etc - I'm 5'6, so that was a major concern for me.
@kev avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS 250 ie

Hooked
@kev avatar
Vespa GTS 250 ie
UTC quote
I had the same Faco screen on my GT... I've since moved it to my GTS, seems to fit in exactly the same way.. no problems!
@christine avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa GT200

Addicted
@christine avatar
Vespa GT200
UTC quote
I have the FACO mid-sized screen on my GT and really like it. I have the smoked version which gives me a pretty good inverted 'heads up' display of the instrument panel. Certainly good enough to see is I have left a signal light on without having to look down.

It would have been nice to have my hands covered by the windscreen - I'm still looking for the right solution for the cold I will face in the early spring.

At about 5'5" I look over the screen when looking ahead, but through it when picking around pot holes and such.
@pdxvespa avatar
UTC

Modératrice
2005 Cobalt Blue ET4

Modératrice
@pdxvespa avatar
2005 Cobalt Blue ET4
UTC quote
Another satisfied owner of a Faco mid-height windscreen from www.scooterwest.com. I esp. like the trim & the way it flares around the edges. At 5'4", no visibility problems once I adjusted the height downward.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

(Christine, check out my heated gloves thread. I'm thrilled w this solution for cold digits!)
⚠️ Last edited by pdxvespa on UTC; edited 1 time
UTC

Enthusiast
GT250

Enthusiast
GT250
UTC quote
faco in Seattle
I put my FACO on about 3 months ago...love it. commute every day on the freeway across a floating bridge with cross winds...so far absolutely no problem. Actually this screen seems to make the GT more stable than the fly-screen that I had before. GT seems to run smoother. I'm 6'3 - so the wind-noise in my helmet didn't get reduced, but the wind that was directed from the flyscreen under my helmet has been reduced greatly. Has anybody noticed though that there seems to be more airflow from the back forward due to the air-dynamics?

cheers,

berndt
UTC

Vespa LX 150

Vespa LX 150
UTC quote
pdxvespa wrote:
Another satisfied owner of a Faco mid-height windscreen from www.scooterwest.com. I esp. like the trim & the way it flares around the edges. At 5'4", no visibility problems once I adjusted the height downward.
rilled w this solution for cold digits!)
Just wanted to add my 2cents. Love my mid height 16" Faco and the great service I got from scooterwest. At 5'2", I have a great view just a couple of inches above the windscreen. Just perfect! It was easy to instal too!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0353s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0095s) ][ Debug on ][ 309 ][ Thing One ]