@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
got flashed [speed camera] on me way to work ... face on .... i was wiping me visor and noticed a flash between me fingers .... bet the think i was hiding me face n doin it on purpose ..... hope they dont sit there in wait for me now .... might go the other way tomorrow
@jackson85 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred

Ossessionato
@jackson85 avatar
UTC quote
lucky it wasn't the bitza. the bastard just looks like any p. might just get away with it
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
bugger bugger
not now ... the bastard has a big motorhead sticker on the front Razz emoticon
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79
2 helmets, 2 jackets, 4 spark plugs, 2 rear bulbs, some bolts, a spring, an ET rear rack, clear indicators and half a can of unleaded, but no bike!

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
2 helmets, 2 jackets, 4 spark plugs, 2 rear bulbs, some bolts, a spring, an ET rear rack, clear indicators and half a can of unleaded, but no bike!
UTC quote
You wont get anything Bitsa, you have no number plate at front and they (a camera spokesman said) "cannot be arsed to get every motorcycle that breaks the speed limit front on"

They will not sit and wait for you. They haven't got the time or resources. They have soooo many. Infact over 10% of speed camera that flash you from the rear do not correctly register and you will never hear anything from them.

I would say, I'm that confident you will not get a fine, I'll pay it for you but I cant take that 2% risk!!

Maybe do a bit of slowing down in the same area, or go the other way for a few days, but really I would not worry,

I have been flashed loads front on, even in the car, I did wonder the other day whether I really had to slow down for the rear ones, or whether I could get my right foot behind me to cover the back plate!!

Remember you can go just over 10%
33mph in 30
44mph in 40 etc etc

Before the forkers do anything!!

Take it easy
@nigelthefish avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
ET2, PX150

Ossessionato
@nigelthefish avatar
ET2, PX150
UTC quote
Today I enjoyed my 25 mile ride to work...suppose to snow next week
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
0-60
i was doing 48 in a 30 when i looked down .....like ya say i was flashed many a time on the bitza
@akp avatar
UTC

TEAM #68
ET4 & GT160

TEAM #68
@akp avatar
ET4 & GT160
UTC quote
markysparx wrote:
You wont get anything Bitsa, you have no number plate at front and they (a camera spokesman said) "cannot be arsed to get every motorcycle that breaks the speed limit front on"

They will not sit and wait for you. They haven't got the time or resources. They have soooo many. Infact over 10% of speed camera that flash you from the rear do not correctly register and you will never hear anything from them.

I would say, I'm that confident you will not get a fine, I'll pay it for you but I cant take that 2% risk!!

Maybe do a bit of slowing down in the same area, or go the other way for a few days, but really I would not worry,

I have been flashed loads front on, even in the car, I did wonder the other day whether I really had to slow down for the rear ones, or whether I could get my right foot behind me to cover the back plate!!

Remember you can go just over 10%
33mph in 30
44mph in 40 etc etc

Before the forkers do anything!!

Take it easy
Just regarding the bolded part chap, that's very incorrect.

I work with ANPR technology at work, and we work with many many local authorities around the Country who do things like Bus Lane Enforcement, PCN's for No Return Periods in Car Parks and such driven by ANPR and I'd say it's closer to 90% on accuracy.

I personally work on a few of these contracts across the Country, and see first hand the vehicles being captured by these static cameras and I can tell you mate the capture quality and accuracy is pretty damn good.
UTC

Hooked
cosa, rally, T5, italjet F125, Lambretta, plus junk

Hooked
cosa, rally, T5, italjet F125, Lambretta, plus junk
UTC quote
10% failure is 90% accuracy
@akp avatar
UTC

TEAM #68
ET4 & GT160

TEAM #68
@akp avatar
ET4 & GT160
UTC quote
gnasher wrote:
10% failure is 90% accuracy
Oh dear...

I totally misread what he said. Sorry Marky-boo Laughing emoticon

*hides*
@nigelthefish avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
ET2, PX150

Ossessionato
@nigelthefish avatar
ET2, PX150
UTC quote
....am leaving work early to go for a ride.
@sir_paul avatar
UTC

The Duck
1967 Sears 125.....Primavera

The Duck
@sir_paul avatar
UTC quote
Bracketology
...... went to a friends garage to work on making some brackets for my new to me 1968 Buco windshield. Need to mount them under the headset of my smallie so I can be a wee bit more airodynamic going up and down thes long hills around here.

Sir Paul
@phaetn avatar
UTC

Addicted
'78 Super 150 Mk II ported DR177, banded clutch, ASC Big Bore

Addicted
@phaetn avatar
'78 Super 150 Mk II ported DR177, banded clutch, ASC Big Bore
UTC quote
I've have two under seven year old kids at home right now because of March break. I also have the week off but it's hard to steal any time for scoot stuff, and it's always somewhat piecemeal. Here's what I've managed, however:

Wednesday day: Drove about an eight hour round trip to pick up my engine that was getting rebuilt. Had the following done:
    * New Mazzy (uncut) crank installed; hoping for better primary compression now as the orig crank had deep grooves where the seals sit and was probably losing some pressure in blow by;
    * all new bearings and seals (original reason for the rebuild was that my clutch side seal failed -- gas in transmission oil);
    * new cruciform (should address an occasional slip in 4th);
    * DR177 kit port matched (I had just bolted it on over a year ago);
    * head sanded to eliminate any hot spots;
    * slight case mismatch on the third port addressed (larger volume now);
    * carb inlet opened up a bit to match airbox
All in all it should breathe more freely now.

Wednesday night: installed engine (swing arm and rear suspension only). Took some effort since I was on my own using a motorcycle lift that is really only half appropriate. Cracked a lot of paint on the floorboard because of a pressure point from the lift. That sucks. Will buy some rattle can auto paint to touch up as a glaring chunk came off right under the rear brake lever -- right down to the frame and quite unsightly.

Engine install used to be easier when I just laid the scoot on its side on the grass or on some pads and a blanket. Will remember for next time.

Great thanks to my wife for her patience while I was doing scoot-related stuff from about 7am when I first hit the road to 9pm when I was done in the garage.

Thursday: reconnected fuel line and all cables. Time sucker for sure. Took longer than it should have as I just reused the cables I had from last season. The gear shifter cables are b*tches when they get frayed at the ends. Some time repaid back later, however, because didn't have to fiddle about with adjustments to clutch, rear brake, shifter cables as it was clear where they were from last season...

Upjetted to a 116 based on mods. Will keep an eye on it once I start to ride this week.

Friday: Put transmission oil and premix gas in. Opened fuel petcock and leaned scoot over to engine side to encourage gas flow to carb. Pulled out choke, took a deep breath, and kicked it over. Fired to life on second kick and idled strong. HURRAY!

Let it idle for a bit and had good initial throttle response. Idling a little high, perhaps. Will play with mixture screw and idle screw later.

After a few minutes of warming up I took a few runs up and down my back laneway to check clutch bite point, rear brake pressure, and to cycle through the gears to check tension on all cables. All seem good and solid. Woot!!!

Today: check tire pressures and go for a ride. Yehaaa! The 2012 riding season is here!! Will commute to work all next week as we are having incredibly unseasonable warm temps (more like early summer).
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
Gave the VNB a good pollish !
@rodri9o avatar
UTC

Addicted
PX 200 E 'Iris' edition

Addicted
@rodri9o avatar
PX 200 E 'Iris' edition
UTC quote
-Adjusted the timing on the PX to be in 'A' and not between 'IT'. Seem tot be idling smoother, which is nice.

-Replaced the stator-side crank seal...there were a few dribbles of oil in there

-Installed new stock exhaust.

-Inflated tires to make sure pressures were where they need to be.

-Removed the air filter and sprayed it with cleaner. Dropped some Seafoam in the tank (it was almost empty) and ran the bike for about 45 minutes until the fuel light came on. Filled it and dropped in 2%. Went for another 15 minute ride.
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
slowly does it
pulled the brake pedal off the bastard and unstuck it again ... popped a better spring in it .... lets see how long that lasts ....
slapped some paint on the rebuild ... is black the worse colour or what
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
Gnasher, cheers for spotting that. AKP must have been reading a bit quicker than his brain was going, (lol only joking Aaron), signs that your a clever man!!

Didnt do much today, with the lady being 18 weeks preggies and tired, and mothers day, lokked after her with brekkie in bed and the children drawing tons of pictures for her (her memory box is now overflowing)

did give the car and the bike a wash and wax, now got to work and its 2230hrs!!

Bar, breaking my right hand mirror-looks like I have bent the thread trying to fix on the roadside, all in all, a good day!

Enjoy Monday fellow MVers
@vader19 avatar
UTC

Mr. Clean
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special

Mr. Clean
@vader19 avatar
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special
UTC quote
Changed seat on vnb to something a little less ass-bone shredding... dropped bracket bolt of same down in the hole at front of seat... drained most of tank, pulled tank, fished bolt out, put a locknut on the rear shock bolt while I was in there... discovered one of my shift cables had seemingly stretched a bunch "overnight" messed with the selector box and kind of did a hoopty rush job, as now my numbers are all goofy (will revisit that...) fixed powdercoated switch cover, shock my ass off problem (w/ a tip/feedback found here... thnx jimmy) hmm. what else?... labled some parts baggies, walked up the street with wife and bought some new shoes (DM desert boots...(a new item I guess) actually quite cumfy...) soldered some ends onto stator that Gick rewired (thnx) read a bunch of interesting stuff... added a bunch of stuff to my ever-growing wish-list... That's about it... now gotta get head pointed in Monday morning work direction
Good afternoon/evening to all.
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
Vader19 wrote:
, walked up the street with wife and bought some new shoes (DM desert boots...(a new item I guess) actually quite cumfy...) .
lucky you, its usually my wife who ends up with the shoes...and a bag to match!
@vader19 avatar
UTC

Mr. Clean
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special

Mr. Clean
@vader19 avatar
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special
UTC quote
markysparx wrote:
Vader19 wrote:
, walked up the street with wife and bought some new shoes (DM desert boots...(a new item I guess) actually quite cumfy...) .
lucky you, its usually my wife who ends up with the shoes...and a bag to match!
That was yesterday... she probably out-shoes me 20:1 Razz emoticon
I feel better I'm not alone.

Oh, shoes are one thing, but why do they need so many bags?
why do we need so many scooters?
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
Well Im quite happy with the one scooter. What I dont get (and my wife isn't that bad really) why feel the need to have matching lip gloss?
@sir_paul avatar
UTC

The Duck

The Duck
@sir_paul avatar
UTC quote
Today I...
.... went for a ride
jpg
522kb
@sir_paul avatar
UTC

The Duck

The Duck
@sir_paul avatar
UTC quote
And ...
....A buddy took a picture of me racing(lol) around a curve.
Of course that meant I had to return the favour.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@koenig_blues avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86, a not so normal pts100 '82 and a yellow sunshine '74 sprint

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@koenig_blues avatar
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86, a not so normal pts100 '82 and a yellow sunshine '74 sprint
UTC quote
we should ride together..
ur trip look awesome Sir Paul, i wish i can ride with you as i only did solo ride to my mountain yesterday Crying or Very sad emoticon

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

@joshzingzing avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
px200 cutdown,px180,px150. Puch SR. Puch scooterette

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@joshzingzing avatar
px200 cutdown,px180,px150. Puch SR. Puch scooterette
UTC quote
today i
got up at 5

cleaned for 5hrs(work)

changed the oil on my px200---- these auto oilers definetly get 2stroke in the box allways

listenin to black sabbath and drinkin becks
@barking_mad avatar
UTC

Addicted
1959 VBA, 1963 VBB2

Addicted
@barking_mad avatar
1959 VBA, 1963 VBB2
UTC quote
Got yet another f*&#ing puncture. Starting to get really shitty with the prats that throw shit on the roads to cause them now.
@sir_paul avatar
UTC

The Duck

The Duck
@sir_paul avatar
UTC quote
HI Koenig
If you ever end up in the USA, come visit me and we will ride.
Always riding alone is not good. No person to share the good times with.
I always like to see the pictures of your riding.

Sir Paul
@nigelthefish avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
ET2, PX150

Ossessionato
@nigelthefish avatar
ET2, PX150
UTC quote
Re: And ...
Sir Paul wrote:
....A buddy took a picture of me racing(lol) around a curve.
Of course that meant I had to return the favour.
Tell your buddy to stop hugging that center line...going to catch a mirror.
@sir_paul avatar
UTC

The Duck

The Duck
@sir_paul avatar
UTC quote
Hi Nigel
I told him at the time about losing his head on a truck mirror, but....He is 21, Immortal and slightly deaf to the advice of "old geezers".
We all learn when we are ready mate .

All the best,
Sir Paul.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@unangst avatar
UTC

Hooked
'67 Vespa 150 Sprint, '56 Vespa 150 (project)

Hooked
@unangst avatar
'67 Vespa 150 Sprint, '56 Vespa 150 (project)
UTC quote
Rode my friend's Yahama Heritage (650cc) around the block.
Not impressed.

Brought it back and took my Vespa (150cc) out for a ride across town.
Much more exciting.
@koenig_blues avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@koenig_blues avatar
UTC quote
Re: HI Koenig
Sir Paul wrote:
If you ever end up in the USA, come visit me and we will ride.
Always riding alone is not good. No person to share the good times with.
I always like to see the pictures of your riding.

Sir Paul
man thanks for the invitite Sir Paul and iam glad u like my riding pics, this weekend there will be a Indo Party in the pelabuhan ratu beach west jawa so i might share alot of pics for you and all the nsm folks

have a nice day and cheer mate
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150

Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
UTC quote
Ebeth, don't forget you are supposed to stop off here FIRST when you get to USA, as promised in garbodge Stella topic.

Speaking of which, it's a lot of fun having that ONE bike you can do what ever you want to it & not really care what somebody thinks. Today I finished latest incarnation: 2 added foglights alongside the headlite. All lites are converted to LEDs except fogs, which add plenty of light to go fast in the dark. Look at the nice tight twin-laser beams going out in front of me forever, cos I mounted 'em 90 degrees off usual. 2 real old auto fogs, NOS 6V wired in series for 12V, I love 'em for now & easy to take off. Yeah, kinda stoopid Clown emoticon , & just ruins the aerodynamics.

@old_school avatar
UTC

Hooked
P125X

Hooked
@old_school avatar
P125X
UTC quote
Ordered a crapload of stuff for the P from Scooter Mercato. Time to get the electrical fixed!
@koenig_blues avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@koenig_blues avatar
UTC quote
i say it not a stopid thing to add Voodoo, its function right thats all the matter

but i gotta said it sure does look big in three though kinna like this one

have a nice day and cheer mate
@ginch avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and '66 Blue Badge Smallframe

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@ginch avatar
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
UTC quote
V oodoo wrote:
...just ruins the aerodynamics.
I had a good look and I'm pretty sure they forgot to fit the aerodynamics to my scooter.
@jackson85 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@jackson85 avatar
UTC quote
think I need three hands
@barking_mad avatar
UTC

Addicted
1959 VBA, 1963 VBB2

Addicted
@barking_mad avatar
1959 VBA, 1963 VBB2
UTC quote
jackson85 wrote:
think I need three hands
Why, have you got two now? Laughing emoticon
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
mine mine mine
whooooaaaaaa motorboating maniac
@duxuk avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa 150 . Tuned Chinese electric scooter! Honda 600 Silverwing powered reverse trike.

Hooked
@duxuk avatar
Vespa 150 . Tuned Chinese electric scooter! Honda 600 Silverwing powered reverse trike.
UTC quote
Today I fitted a rear mudflap which is a chequerboard pattern with "Vespa" across the middle. I bought it at the weekend along with 2 handlebar mounted mirrors which I have already fitted at the Morcambe preseason rally.

I'm worried that I might be turning into a mod . Is there a cure?

As you can see we stayed in our caravan.
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
better uses
the mudflaps make a good palette for mixing filler
@koenig_blues avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@koenig_blues avatar
UTC quote
no cure even Bitsa are getting mods with the mirror now

the best way is to avoid adding too many shiny object.. the end
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.3779s ][ Queries: 5 (0.3601s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]