@johnnyscoots avatar
UTC

Hooked
03 Stella | Pinasco

Hooked
@johnnyscoots avatar
03 Stella | Pinasco
UTC quote
Today I rode around Percy Warner Park for the first time. At night, nonetheless. What a great and peaceful ride that is.
@spannerx avatar
UTC

P200E, KLR650

@spannerx avatar
P200E, KLR650
UTC quote
Put a 3 in 1 backrest on my p200e. Problem is the seat peg had to come off and now I'm trying to figure out how to get that back on tightly (I do have the extended peg). Of course the nut that holds it has dropped down into an area that I can't seem to get to with out pulling the tank. Is this right, or is there an easier way to do this. What I'm thinking, if I can't get in there easily is that once I do pull the tank, put the seat peg in place and then tack the nut to the body so that I don't have to screw around with it again if I want to pull the backrest off. Sound like a plan?
@joshzingzing avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
px200 cutdown,px180,px150. Puch SR. Puch scooterette

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@joshzingzing avatar
UTC quote
SpannerX wrote:
Put a 3 in 1 backrest on my p200e. Problem is the seat peg had to come off and now I'm trying to figure out how to get that back on tightly (I do have the extended peg). Of course the nut that holds it has dropped down into an area that I can't seem to get to with out pulling the tank. Is this right, or is there an easier way to do this. What I'm thinking, if I can't get in there easily is that once I do pull the tank, put the seat peg in place and then tack the nut to the body so that I don't have to screw around with it again if I want to pull the backrest off. Sound like a plan?
yeh but tac it in the right spot
@spannerx avatar
UTC

P200E, KLR650

@spannerx avatar
P200E, KLR650
UTC quote
joshzingzing wrote:
SpannerX wrote:
yeh but tac it in the right spot
That shouldn't be too hard, put post in, tighten it up, tack on the outside of the nut (this might be an issue. ) and take out the post. Then re-install the rest in reverse order.

So, I went out to get some milk (yeah yeah) and forgot to take the bolt/bracket out of the tyre holding part, it vibrated out, so I had to retrace my ride to find the bits again. D'oh!
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
Got the old petrol out of the VNB with a siphon hand pump

Now to put some fresh petrol !
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79
2 helmets, 2 jackets, 4 spark plugs, 2 rear bulbs, some bolts, a spring, an ET rear rack, clear indicators and half a can of unleaded, but no bike!

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
2 helmets, 2 jackets, 4 spark plugs, 2 rear bulbs, some bolts, a spring, an ET rear rack, clear indicators and half a can of unleaded, but no bike!
UTC quote
Sanded down AKP's donated seat hinge. Took the rust ridden one off the ET and replaced. Went for a drive and took my good lady to a couple of motorcycle shops. Bought myself some new mirrors. Got home, put them on. Had a quick 30minute read of the et2 sections of the Haynes manual whilst my wife was discussing hot topics on some pregnancy and baby forum she is in, then fetched the twinkles from school. Bath, books. Homework now bed. Thats all folks
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@vader19 avatar
UTC

Mr. Clean
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special

Mr. Clean
@vader19 avatar
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special
UTC quote
HolySmokin'JoeJones your GS looks Nice!

@spannerx avatar
UTC

P200E, KLR650

@spannerx avatar
P200E, KLR650
UTC quote
So I changed out the oil, I figured might as well seeing as how it's been a while (haven't put much in the way of miles on it since I got it) and it was brown, but not too bad, unfortunately there seems to be some metal in it, very fine. It still shifts well, so I'm not overly worried (this P200E has less than 3000 km on it). Then I noticed my air bellows is shot. Damn it! Oh well, back to the ordering board.
@sir_paul avatar
UTC

The Duck
1967 Sears 125.....Primavera

The Duck
@sir_paul avatar
UTC quote
Today...
...I put 71 more miles on "Sophia". It is my first longish ride with the new/old windshield on, and surprisingly, there seems to be an increase in mph on long straight level sections of road. I can even maintain 50mph without going WOT all the time. Also I am a lot less weatherbeaten at the end of the ride.
The windshield is a BUCO from 1968 or so.Just had to make some mounting brackets and weld them to the BUCO brackets already on the windshield. Just a little more fettling and I'll have her right where I want her.

All the best.
Sir Paul.
@koenig_blues avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86, a not so normal pts100 '82 and a yellow sunshine '74 sprint

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@koenig_blues avatar
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86, a not so normal pts100 '82 and a yellow sunshine '74 sprint
UTC quote
now thats a good story mate, can i see the Buco windshield i am curious..

have a nice day and cheer
@joshzingzing avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@joshzingzing avatar
UTC quote
hey ebeth ive got a heap of credit with skywest so i could buy you a return flight to WA and back,, accomadation food etc provided for you of course

only thing is skywest only fly to/ from bali to WA but im sure i could help organize a connecting flight from java

the credit lasts until february 2013

just something to think about
@titletownjeff avatar
UTC

Addicted
1962 VBB

Addicted
@titletownjeff avatar
1962 VBB
UTC quote
Cleared out my last appraisal berfore I head to Mexico with my family...Vamoose Banditos
@koenig_blues avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@koenig_blues avatar
UTC quote
joshzingzing wrote:
hey ebeth ive got a heap of credit with skywest so i could buy you a return flight to WA and back,, accomadation food etc provided for you of course

only thing is skywest only fly to/ from bali to WA but im sure i could help organize a connecting flight from java

the credit lasts until february 2013

just something to think about
many thanks Josh..
@joshzingzing avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@joshzingzing avatar
UTC quote
hmm i just double checked with skywest and they only go port headland to bali fkn bastards

but i have a better idea, Air Asia and various others do flights from jakarta to perth return and i dont have a time limit with them, so thatd be easier

right im off for a few beers
@koenig_blues avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@koenig_blues avatar
UTC quote
many thanks Josh, i truely apreciated it mate
@vader19 avatar
UTC

Mr. Clean
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special

Mr. Clean
@vader19 avatar
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special
UTC quote
Got a PACKAGE that I waited 7 (yes 7) LONG weeks for.
I'm at work, so I haven't opened it, and I'm worried, because the package looks like it's been being stomped on for 7 weeks (f'in DHL combined with USPS) arrghh.
Now I have to really suffer here for another hour or two, but at least it's in MY hands.
Time to get busy.

Tick, tick, tick, tick... arrgh.
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
Exciting !

What is it ?
@vader19 avatar
UTC

Mr. Clean
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special

Mr. Clean
@vader19 avatar
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special
UTC quote
I'll report from garage when I open and confirm there's actually something in there that hasn't been destroyed. fingers crossed. gi' me an hour.

Oh and make that 10 weeks... shit I ordered on Jan 1 Dayam.
@vader19 avatar
UTC

Mr. Clean
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special

Mr. Clean
@vader19 avatar
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special
UTC quote
Finally
After a painful 10 week wait, I finally got the pipe and clutch I was waiting for to put my Gick 210 back in my P. Pipe: S&S Newline Stainless (done black) Clutch: S&S Evo with CNC cover (that cover is lite as a feather) Here's a couple phone pics... one shows the can next to my Hotwing can... it's nice and Massive... Now if I can get my "Honey-do" list done early, I'm gonna put my P back together and spend the weekend jetting and re-jetting! (I'm looking forward to it actually)

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

@sir_paul avatar
UTC

The Duck

The Duck
@sir_paul avatar
UTC quote
Today....
...I met an absolute douche on a scoot....

Has this ever happened to you? You are at an intersection and you see someone across the road on a scooter, you go to all the trouble of pulling a u-turn, chase em down, thinking you are going to meet a new like minded scooter buddy, and......... It turns out the person is a right d**k!
Today I pulled a U-turn after seeing someone on a 1980s Honda Helix(a ride I have always lusted after), caught up to him as he pulled into a barber shop parking lot. I was surprised at this 'cos I actually thought the rider was a very butch, older lesbian. Not that I care who I go on rides with, we scooter riders are very inclusive, after all most of us are at least a little bit different if not outright crazy.
Anyway I said hello and went into the whole" oh you ride a scooter, would you like to join up with a group of us and ride once in a while" spiel, and he gave me a bunch of grumpy malarky about not riding with anyone because nobody likes American Indians .
Now this guy was as white as me and I am from a land where we are really quite pale.
He started droning on about politics and America being stolen from him and even about UFOs. I thought I had got myself cornered again by another mild loony and was going to have listen to him for hours, when the barber popped his head out the door and said
"Come on Charles, your turn".
As Charles went inside the barber gave me a look that said " you owe me one".
I really do. Next time my sparse hair needs a trim I'll go there. Easiest 8 dollars he'll ever make .
Who knew, an Indian called Charles on a Helix.

All the best.
Sir Paul
⚠️ Last edited by Sir Paul on UTC; edited 1 time
UTC

Addicted
P200e

Addicted
P200e
UTC quote
Today I had three cars pull out in front of me during a quick two mile ride to the auto parts store.
@vader19 avatar
UTC

Mr. Clean
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special

Mr. Clean
@vader19 avatar
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special
UTC quote
thunderthighs wrote:
Today I had three cars pull out in front of me during a quick two mile ride to the auto parts store.
You've gotta take Buena Creek... Nice and windy... I grew up in Vista
on Monte Vista...
Small world... be careful.
UTC

Addicted
P200e

Addicted
P200e
UTC quote
Vader19 wrote:
thunderthighs wrote:
You've gotta take Buena Creek... Nice and windy... I grew up in Vista
on Monte Vista...
Small world... be careful.
Very nice roads indeed. We live near Alta Vista Dr. another great little ride.
@joshzingzing avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@joshzingzing avatar
UTC quote
i saw an american usa style WALKING down my street
@rodri9o avatar
UTC

Addicted
PX 200 E 'Iris' edition

Addicted
@rodri9o avatar
PX 200 E 'Iris' edition
UTC quote
Re: Today....
Sir Paul wrote:
....Who knew, an Indian called Charles on a Helix...
That's just nuts.

I find that other scooterists don't acknowledge my presence, but the Harley guys always give me a wave. Wha? emoticon

Sport-jap-gsxr-vR-type-R-gt's don't even look. Clown emoticon
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
No riding for me, got a serious case of man flu!
@vader19 avatar
UTC

Mr. Clean
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special

Mr. Clean
@vader19 avatar
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special
UTC quote
... need to slow down!
Gotta slow down.. I'm pulling boners left and right in my haste to get my motor and pipe back in my P... I already put the selector box on with the cables running Under the kickstart d'oh!, had to re-do... a bunch of little stuff like that because I'm in a hurry today... well, now I'm taking a break... it'll get done..if not today, then tomorrow, whenever I can chill and think before I wrench.
Got my new clutch on though.. bevel toward the clutch as it should be... pipe is gonna actually be a bit tricky.. those germans make stuff so nice, but it's got to go together like clock works... it's all so precise... it's bitchin' but takes more time than most. ok.. taking a break was a good idea.
@akp avatar
UTC

TEAM #68
ET4 & GT160

TEAM #68
@akp avatar
ET4 & GT160
UTC quote
Got a Tax Rebate.

@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
AKP wrote:
Got a Tax Rebate.

Very nice. I could do with one of them.
@akp avatar
UTC

TEAM #68
ET4 & GT160

TEAM #68
@akp avatar
ET4 & GT160
UTC quote
markysparx wrote:
AKP wrote:
Got a Tax Rebate.

Very nice. I could do with one of them.
It's crazy, third one I've had in about a year. Turns out from 2008'ish HMRC have been overcharging me on tax.

The rebate just paid for the new Vespa
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
the words lucky bastard come to mind, but nah, really pleased your owed it after all!

PS The seat is opening lovely, sooo smooth.nice one lol
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
my bed
just got back from working down londontown ... saw one p2 in a seat of twistntwats ....... so glad to be back home ....
said 'cheerz cock' to a guy in a pub n the tit wanted to pull me head off ... pinned his face on the bar n got thrown out ... bell end needs to learn some manners ....... £4.10 for a pint too robbin bastards

really need some scooter time
@akp avatar
UTC

TEAM #68
ET4 & GT160

TEAM #68
@akp avatar
ET4 & GT160
UTC quote
markysparx wrote:
the words lucky bastard come to mind, but nah, really pleased your owed it after all!

PS The seat is opening lovely, sooo smooth.nice one lol
haha excellent, glad i could help mate, if you need anything else gimme a shout, oh and... pics of your whitewalls?!
@vader19 avatar
UTC

Mr. Clean
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special

Mr. Clean
@vader19 avatar
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special
UTC quote
Re: my bed
T5bitsa69 wrote:
just got back from working down londontown ... saw one p2 in a seat of twistntwats ....... so glad to be back home ....
said 'cheerz cock' to a guy in a pub n the tit wanted to pull me head off ... pinned his face on the bar n got thrown out ... bell end needs to learn some manners ....... £4.10 for a pint too robbin bastards

really need some scooter time
Yeah you do... I think I'm gonna borrow your words to use at work.. There's a couple real dicks there.. I'll just tweak it a little and say "What's up cheerzcock?" and if they ask I'll say oh, it's an old english expression means: "Have a nice day mate"... we used to say "what's up shrimpcaak" but that's to obvious.
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
I know yeah, can't wait for them. Had good week actually, brothers medal topping it off today, still no hexagonal badge from ebay, will contact paypal tomorrow or monday. bought some better quality mirrors on Wednesday, look tidy! Still looking for some ET4 clear front indicators though, keep missing em on ebay!
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
Increasing fuel costs in the UK...Aaagh!!
Went to the petrol station today, there was a sign up saying 'Minimum delivery 2 litres.'
I thought to myself "Shit, I only wanted to put a tenner in..."
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
blend
it was a guy that let me to the bar so i said cheerz cock ... like thank you.. always say it ... he just lost it ... i was only being polite
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
bell
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
Today I -

Painted the fly wheel

Drained the tank and put some fresh petrol and 2 stroke in the VNB - unfortunately it wouldnt start

Took some more pictures, ready for when I put the VNB for sale

Found out that flickr only allow a 200 photo limit

After that you have to pay

DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0423s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0268s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]