@blaising avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GTS300

Enthusiast
@blaising avatar
GTS300
UTC quote
Last weekend I took the Vespa for a relaxing sunny ride from Naples down to Goodland. We used to launch our boat from the Calusa marina a few years ago (The Whaler is long gone...now I have a scoot to occupy my weekends). I ended up at the beautiful new County boat launch facility where I just hung out and watched the boat traffic go by. Goodland is still the same sleepy Olde Florida waterfront burg nestled amongst the mangroves and brackish Everglades waters it always was - birds, bugs, gators, fish, fishers, etc. What a great ride.

When I got back home there was a surprise package at the front door - a new Akropovic exhaust! I couldn't wait to install it and took a few pics along the way.
I love getting late Christmas presents like this.
I love getting late Christmas presents like this.
The box was kind of broken in the middle, and the styrofoam packing as well, but contents were in perfect shape.
The box was kind of broken in the middle, and the styrofoam packing as well, but contents were in perfect shape.
Stock exhaust is pretty, but definitely not as cool looking (or sounding) as the Akra.
Stock exhaust is pretty, but definitely not as cool looking (or sounding) as the Akra.
Removal was pretty straightforward after a run to the hardware store to buy a T-40 Torx socket bit. I also had to buy a hex socket bit (I forget the size) to install the new unit. The stock unit is heavy.
Removal was pretty straightforward after a run to the hardware store to buy a T-40 Torx socket bit. I also had to buy a hex socket bit (I forget the size) to install the new unit. The stock unit is heavy.
The naked header pipe after taking off the OEM exhaust.
The naked header pipe after taking off the OEM exhaust.
You can see the gasket, the one you're supposed to replace when removing the OEM exhaust, down in the pipe. It came off with the pipe.
You can see the gasket, the one you're supposed to replace when removing the OEM exhaust, down in the pipe. It came off with the pipe.
this is what is left after removal.
this is what is left after removal.
New downpipe connected to header. I left all connections slightly loose until all pieces were in place.
New downpipe connected to header. I left all connections slightly loose until all pieces were in place.
Bolt with big spacer goes to upper connection point.
Bolt with big spacer goes to upper connection point.
Bolt with smaller spacer goes to lower connection point.
Bolt with smaller spacer goes to lower connection point.
Everything in place.
Everything in place.
This exhaust is extremely well made, something that doesn't translate so well with online pics.
This exhaust is extremely well made, something that doesn't translate so well with online pics.
best looking unit for the GTS300 currently available, IMHO.
best looking unit for the GTS300 currently available, IMHO.
The can just slips over the down pipe, with a couple of springs clipped on. VERY easy install. I spent more time cleaning the surfaces than I did actual wrenching. Clean all metal parts well prior to first start up, as any dirt, oil, fingerprints, etc. ca
The can just slips over the down pipe, with a couple of springs clipped on. VERY easy install. I spent more time cleaning the surfaces than I did actual wrenching. Clean all metal parts well prior to first start up, as any dirt, oil, fingerprints, etc. ca
With the db killer left in the exhaust note is more muscular and growl-like than stock. It gets better after a few hours too.
With the db killer left in the exhaust note is more muscular and growl-like than stock. It gets better after a few hours too.
OP
@blaising avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GTS300

Enthusiast
@blaising avatar
GTS300
@dogdoc avatar
UTC

Hooked
2010 GTS 300ie

Hooked
@dogdoc avatar
2010 GTS 300ie
UTC quote
CoooooooooooL exhaust bro.
UTC

UTC quote
Love the look and sound of that exhaust....but ...is it right you can't mount it when you have rear crash bars fitted?
OP
@blaising avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GTS300

Enthusiast
@blaising avatar
GTS300
UTC quote
brennie wrote:
Love the look and sound of that exhaust....but ...is it right you can't mount it when you have rear crash bars fitted?
No conflict with crash bars. I now have the Vespa bars fitted...no problems.
@sleeper avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 125 I.E.

Addicted
@sleeper avatar
GTS 125 I.E.
UTC quote
the more i see those exhaust the more i want one

after riding with a GPR exhaust i was a little tired of the noise level sometimes and that is also the reason i went back to stock but those Akra's look astonishing and the noise is'nt overdone with the DB killer according to the videos i saw untill now...
UTC

UTC quote
Thank you for a speedy reply.....wonder why their web site says not compatible with chrome kit side protectors....would the touch with a pillion on board do you think?
Puzzled ...
@slolane avatar
UTC

Hooked
2012 GTS 300

Hooked
@slolane avatar
2012 GTS 300
UTC quote
Looks and sounds great!!
⬆️    About 4 years elapsed    ⬇️
@wandrews714 avatar
UTC

P200 / GTS 300

@wandrews714 avatar
P200 / GTS 300
UTC quote
Akrapovic Install
I'm buying a new GTS 300 Super. One of the first mods I want to do is add an Akrapovic exhaust. I've heard I should wait on the install until after the break-in period. Any thoughts on this.
@rhyde avatar
UTC

Hooked
gts300ie

Hooked
@rhyde avatar
gts300ie
UTC quote
i have the exactly the same bike and same pipe
hate the backfiring
keen to hear how u go with it and yr thoughts on the backfiring
⬆️    About 3 years elapsed    ⬇️
@matt748 avatar
UTC

GTS 300

@matt748 avatar
GTS 300
UTC quote
Akrapovic fit to GTS 300 with crash bars
Hi first post here and appreciate this is an old thread.
Been reading the forum intently and enjoying all the subjects.
I am picking up a 2017 70th anniversary GTS 300 next week and would love to add the Akrapovic slip on exhaust.
Some people have had no issues with this pipe but am still wondering if it will fit and hit the ODM rear crash bars when riding??

Thanks

Matt
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@sacto_monkeyboy avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 Super

Addicted
@sacto_monkeyboy avatar
GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Re: Akrapovic Install
wandrews714 wrote:
I'm buying a new GTS 300 Super. One of the first mods I want to do is add an Akrapovic exhaust. I've heard I should wait on the install until after the break-in period. Any thoughts on this.
It's only a few hundred miles and an oil change for that first service. I'd say wait. Then slap it on after that first service. My $0.02
⬆️    About 8 months elapsed    ⬇️
@vesfanatic avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa 300 Super GTS

Hooked
@vesfanatic avatar
Vespa 300 Super GTS
UTC quote
Akrapovic Exhaust
I am looking for used or new if price is decent any links would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0910s ][ Queries: 17 (0.0577s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]