@lionheart70 avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
px 125

Enthusiast
@lionheart70 avatar
px 125
UTC quote
I recently hit something laying in the road whilst riding through roadworks which has bent the arm of the stand on my gt200. I need to remove the stand and have taken off the nut but can't shift the long bolt that holds it in place, is there something i'm missing or is it possibly just being stubborn?
@oopsclunkthud avatar
UTC

Banned
3:5

Banned
@oopsclunkthud avatar
3:5
UTC quote
you need to unhook the springs before the bolt will slide out. Your hands will bleed, even with a spring puller.
@gogogordy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Reprehensible Misinformant

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@gogogordy avatar
Reprehensible Misinformant
UTC quote
oopsclunkthud wrote:
Your hands will bleed, even with a spring puller.
The sign of a job well-done IMO!
@fade avatar
UTC

Hooked
2010 GTS 300 Super, 1970 Sprint

Hooked
@fade avatar
2010 GTS 300 Super, 1970 Sprint
UTC quote
Psst. Wear gloves.
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super
UTC quote
Hi Lionheart.

Not sure what year your scoot is (either your profile panel says GT200 or GT 2001, not sure) but I had the same problem removing a stand.

On my 2009 GTS, it wasn't a problem, the centre bolt simply slid out, but they are tough to get back in because you need to re-align the entry slot, the stand sleeve and the exit slot. Ditto what the guys have said about springs, tricky job.

But on my 2001 ET4, very different, the bolt seemed completely fast In my case it wasn't an essential switch - I'd reconditioned and resprayed a stand simply to swop. Mvers recommended lots of easing spray like WD40 and then a large whack with a lump hammer, but in the end I got involved with other scoot work and left it as it. You could try that..

This was my thread Replacing a centre stand on a 2001 E4 125

You need to have the scoot raised and chocked so there's no pressure on the stand also, if you've not already done that.

Good luck with it
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0163s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0076s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]