@quadro avatar
UTC

Banned
Vespa GTS300 Super

Banned
@quadro avatar
Vespa GTS300 Super
UTC quote
I got told today that it is unwise to fit side protection bars with the akrapovic exhaust on my gts300, they said it can smash the carbon end cap as they touch when riding?.

Is this correct?

Has anyone got akra and side bars? Any problems.
@wick avatar
UTC

Hooked
2009 Piaggio MP3 500

Hooked
@wick avatar
2009 Piaggio MP3 500
UTC quote
Not sure what crash bars they are talking about, but I have never seen a set that would even come close to the tip of your exhaust. I suppose if you had a passenger and hit a big enough bump you could flex your swing arm enough, but you would have to hit pretty hard I would imagine. If you are concerned, look into a set of bars with a lower profile and maybe stiffen up the rear suspension a bit. The Faco bars look like they would work well. I am considering these bars myself.

http://www.scooterwest.com/items/?_pageCCS=t#page=/item_details/GTS-Rear-Chrome-Bars-FACO/217
OP
@quadro avatar
UTC

Banned
Vespa GTS300 Super

Banned
@quadro avatar
Vespa GTS300 Super
UTC quote
It says on that link that those bar's may interfere with certain aftermarket exhausts, so I guess it is an issue
@wick avatar
UTC

Hooked
2009 Piaggio MP3 500

Hooked
@wick avatar
2009 Piaggio MP3 500
UTC quote
Maybe these then? http://www.scooterwest.com/items/?_pageCCS=t#page=/item_details/GTS-Cuppini-Rear-Bars-%28GTS-GTV%29/1762
I know I have seen a few people running both the Akrapovic exhaust and crash bars. Someone on here will surely have some experience with the subject.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0094s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0033s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]