OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
Hi!

I'm new here, but not new to scooters. My very first scoot was a Honda Spree 50cc and I moved up to the 1988 Honda Elite when I turned sixteen. For most of my twenties I was either rideless or on the old motorcycle Silverwing and now, in my thirties, I got back to scooters with a cheap 150cc Chinese bike. It lasted two years without any major issue until someone hit it and knocked it over where it was parked outside my house. It took the insurance money and a whole lot of savings to upgrade to a 2009 GTS 250cc, but I did it. Now I'm just waiting for winter to be over in Canada so I can pick it up and get going with it.

I was agonizing over getting an urban scoot or a bigger touring scooter, but eventually decided on the smaller Vespa. I gave up my Silverwing because maneuvering the beast out of my garage and into the lane left me literally battered and bruised. Sitting on anything with 400cc would be just as hard to reverse out and get going.

I think eventually I will want a touring scooter, but for right now the GTS is all I really need.
@minpinity avatar
UTC

Hooked
2010 300 Super (Rango)

Hooked
@minpinity avatar
2010 300 Super (Rango)
UTC quote
Welcome to MV - good place to hang out til you can get your scoot on the road. Looking forward to your first post after going for a good ride on your 250!

BTW, it ain't so until you post picts!
@santiago avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS

Ossessionato
@santiago avatar
Vespa GTS
UTC quote
Welcome TK.
Great forum well moderated and good members. Keep checking in and give us updates and pictures. Cheers Drew.
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super
UTC quote
Re: Finally going Vespa
troutkitty wrote:
I think eventually I will want a touring scooter, but for right now the GTS is all I really need.
Welcome! Great choice.

There's a lot of MV users who use their GTS250s for touring with no problems at all, and some real veterans who've taken their 'smaller Vespa' on some epic adventures!

I'm sure a few will add to this thread...
OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
Minpinity wrote:
Welcome to MV - good place to hang out til you can get your scoot on the road. Looking forward to your first post after going for a good ride on your 250!

BTW, it ain't so until you post picts!
Here she is from the sale's room floor. She's pavement-silver at the mo, but I'm going to get some customization on her so she's a bit different from the road-surface she'll be riding on. I've already called her Sting. My last scooter, affectionally called THE BEE!!! (punctuation included in the name) has gone across the putt-putt-bridge to the beyond.

I used to take my 50cc Spree (the Wild Thing) from my home town of Slave Lake to the neighbouring town of High Prairie at least once a month because High Prairie had a bookstore and Slave did not. If I could brave a northern Alberta highway used predominately by logging trucks on a unmodified 50cc engine, I can see using Sting to get to and from Calgary. I'm in Lethbridge right now, and that's a nice 230 km each way ride.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC quote
Same colourway as my GTS125, except the US reflectors on yours and the roundel on mine! 8) Laughing emoticon

If you browse MV, there's plenty of inspiration for that there customisation!

Here's a good place to start...
post pics of your gts

There's gotta be some Vespa-Wasp-Sting possibilities Laughing emoticon
@minpinity avatar
UTC

Hooked
2010 300 Super (Rango)

Hooked
@minpinity avatar
2010 300 Super (Rango)
UTC quote
Great name for your scoot, troutkitty! She's a beauty. Looking forward to seeing your customizations.

I have a Grigio Smokey 2005 GT 200L that I may have gone a little bit overboard on (customized leopard-print saddle, back rest, and knee pads) - but what the hell - I live it Texas and had to go a little over the top. Its fun!
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
Congratulations
OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
brown_beret7 wrote:
Same colourway as my GTS125, except the US reflectors on yours and the roundel on mine! 8) Laughing emoticon

If you browse MV, there's plenty of inspiration for that there customisation!

Here's a good place to start...
post pics of your gts

There's gotta be some Vespa-Wasp-Sting possibilities Laughing emoticon
That link cost me my entire Saturday afternoon, and I'm not sorry for it. The world is such a beautiful place, and seeing it on a scooter (or, realistically, any kind of two-wheels) makes it so much more real than inside of a car.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
Aloha and welcome to the forum from Hawaii. Very nice scooter and thanks for the pics. Springs almost here, enjoy.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0149s ][ Queries: 6 (0.0054s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]