OP
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super
UTC quote
I thought MVers might be interested to see the latest 'Think Bike' ad campaign from the UK. 'Think Bike' is a phrase well established here to raise awareness of biker safety, but this ad has just started running with a different style in getting the message across. Although running from June 2011, I've only just seen it...

I think scooter rider 'Tom' is riding an ET4...'shy retiring type' apparently! He is wearing an Armadillo jacket. This from the Armadillo web site...

The campaign's message is that motorcyclists are a wide range of people, with names, personalities and families just like car drivers. The new campaign aims to take this idea one step further, by exploring the notion that awareness of motorcyclists can be increased by making drivers think more about the person riding the motorcycle. Apparently research uncovered by Dr David Crundall, of the University of Nottingham, shows that empathy with motorcyclists is important. Drivers with relatives who ride motorcycles have been reported to have fewer collisions with motorcyclists and have better observation skills in regard to motorcycles.

http://www.traffictechnologytoday.com/news.php?NewsID=30966

Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@andyscooter avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa gt200

Molto Verboso
@andyscooter avatar
Vespa gt200
UTC quote
it is an et4 but its last years advert
@fade avatar
UTC

Hooked
2010 GTS 300 Super, 1970 Sprint

Hooked
@fade avatar
2010 GTS 300 Super, 1970 Sprint
UTC quote
Re: New UK 'Think Bike' Safety Campaign ad..
brown_beret7 wrote:
I think scooter rider 'Tom' is riding an ET4...'shy retiring type' apparently!
I'm sure he's really hardcore, deep down, on the inside.

Great advert. Completely agree about identifying with motorcyclists. After you know someone who rides one, you are more aware of them. After you start to ride one, you are more aware of other motorcycles than cars. Razz emoticon
OP
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC quote
andyscooter wrote:
it is an et4 but its last years advert
Just catching up then - only saw it tonight!

Not exactly New then folks... Laughing emoticon
@andyscooter avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa gt200

Molto Verboso
@andyscooter avatar
Vespa gt200
UTC quote
also shoudnt the lights be fitted onto a chrome bit on the front Laughing emoticon Laughing emoticon
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0114s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0030s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]