@toneyl avatar
UTC

Addicted
Piaggio LT150

Addicted
@toneyl avatar
Piaggio LT150
UTC quote
Does anyone know how to decifer the date code on a Yuasa battery? I have a Yuasa YTX12-BS and my date stamp says 2E07E. I've googled but the code on my battery doesn't seem to fit any of the charts I've seen. There are no other numbers. Anyone? I would be most appreciative.
@rgconner avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS250

Ossessionato
@rgconner avatar
GTS250
UTC quote
Looks like 20(07), June (E) from the last 3 characters.
@lae avatar
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio B125, Yamaha YZF R6, Vespa GT125, KTM Duke 125

Hooked
@lae avatar
Piaggio B125, Yamaha YZF R6, Vespa GT125, KTM Duke 125
UTC quote
Had a look but couldn't find a thing, saw some other peoples numbers and the dates dnt match very well so guessing might be wide of the mark. You can email or call them and they will tell you.
@rgconner avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS250

Ossessionato
@rgconner avatar
GTS250
UTC quote
Google Yausa battery date code.
First hit is a PDF.

Or, email Yausa, they will decode it for you.
OP
@toneyl avatar
UTC

Addicted
Piaggio LT150

Addicted
@toneyl avatar
Piaggio LT150
UTC quote
rgconner wrote:
Looks like 20(07), June (E) from the last 3 characters.
Thanks rgconner! That makes sense, I just couldn't find a chart to back it up. Most have the year first.

I've been googling like crazy and today I found this post on another forum:

I just talked to a nice lady at Yuasa, who 'broke' the date of production code on the battery for me.

The code (2D19E) broke out as April 19th, 2002! And, the new battery might crank the bike just a teeny bit better than the 'ancient' Yuasa.

That would make my battery May 07, 2002 I did email Yuasa last week but haven't heard yet. Hopefully I'll hear this week.
@rgconner avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS250

Ossessionato
@rgconner avatar
GTS250
UTC quote
Just a bit of battery haha....

The P200 I am restoring has a Yuasa battery in it from 1999.

It was completely dried up, a little distilled water and a few days on the charger it is at 75% of rated capacity and continues to gain strength as it gets used.

Go figure... The new ones seem to last 4 years.
OP
@toneyl avatar
UTC

Addicted
Piaggio LT150

Addicted
@toneyl avatar
Piaggio LT150
UTC quote
rgconner wrote:
So we have the magic batteries. I guess this mean my new one (when I get one) won't last as long.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
My LT'S battery lasted almost 7yrs. TONEY don't you find the LT a solid scooter? I thought the reliability of the LT was awesome but i didn't like the way it rode. I like the smaller wheeled scoots better. That said my LT sure was bulletproof. Something my LX isn't unfortunately.
OP
@toneyl avatar
UTC

Addicted
Piaggio LT150

Addicted
@toneyl avatar
Piaggio LT150
UTC quote
judy wrote:
My LT'S battery lasted almost 7yrs. TONEY don't you find the LT a solid scooter? I thought the reliability of the LT was awesome but i didn't like the way it rode. I like the smaller wheeled scoots better. That said my LT sure was bulletproof. Something my LX isn't unfortunately.
I totally agree, very solid. The only thing I've replaced is the rear tire (still need a front), brake pads, and the belt/rollers (lesson learned about riding on the highway to San Luis Obispo & Sacramento on the highway). Really eats up the belt riding WOT . It was shredded!

I had a Buddy Blackjack for awhile. I loved riding it (and LOVED the storage). It was great in the twisties but I felt like I was sitting on a kid's scooter. I guess I was already used to the height of the LT and it seemed to fit me better. Since I'm in the city, I also felt I could see better (and be seen) on the taller LT. I also feel the LT is better over potholes (plenty of those here).

Having said all that, the LT was my brothers and I will keep that thing running forever! And my initials are LT Razz emoticon
@timbit avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Fly 150, 2006 black

Molto Verboso
@timbit avatar
Fly 150, 2006 black
UTC quote
rgconner wrote:
Just a bit of battery haha....

The P200 I am restoring has a Yuasa battery in it from 1999.

It was completely dried up, a little distilled water and a few days on the charger it is at 75% of rated capacity and continues to gain strength as it gets used.

How are you calculating the capacity?
@rgconner avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS250

Ossessionato
@rgconner avatar
GTS250
UTC quote
We used a cold crank amp tester.

Looking at charts we think the battery is about 80 cca, and 9 amp hours

so it tested in the 55 to 60 cca range, so 75%. Several weeks on the smart charger and it was more like 60 to 65 cca.

The other way would be to run the headlight/taillight until it ran down. Should run for 1.5 hrs or so if it was at full capacity.

Not good for the battery tho, so I have not done that.

Really, the p200 does not need a battery, but it is a DOT requirement.
@bob_cowley avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS250, P200E

Addicted
@bob_cowley avatar
GTS250, P200E
UTC quote
The Yuasa YB10L-BP that came with my 2007 GTS is finally finished, but I noticed that it was low on fluid when I took delivery in 2007, and it has "2005" as the first numbers stamped on top.

Buyer beware...

Cheers,
Bob
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0170s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0104s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]