@rod_r avatar
UTC

Addicted
1990's 50s + DR 85

Addicted
@rod_r avatar
1990's 50s + DR 85
UTC quote
As I said in another thread, my left indicator bulb keeps blowing. So, being a good google-ist, I have read up on it, and now have a couple of questions.

1. I came across a good wiring diagram.If the left is blowing, does that generally mean a possible bad earth between left bulb mounting and flasher unit only, or could it be anywhere, like:
strator to flasher unit
flasher to switch
switch to left bulb
switch to right bulb

2. The bulbs that were in the scoot, and therefore the new bulbs i bought, were all 6v / 10w, but the diagram calls up the system as 6v / 16w. Are the 10w bulbs causing the problem?
OP
@rod_r avatar
UTC

Addicted
1990's 50s + DR 85

Addicted
@rod_r avatar
1990's 50s + DR 85
UTC quote
Problem Solved
rolled back grip and took off bar end indicator. the indicator slides into the inner cylinder divided into 4 "tabs"

the outer ring which rotates with the grip has 3 indents to bridge the gap and maintain contact when its rotating.

both inner and outer were a bit deformed and the tabs weren't sticking in far enough to make contniuous contact.

i pushed the indents in a bit and aligned the inner tabs into a neat circle so contact is always maintained.

also got 6v/15w instead of 6v/10w bulbs.

so far, so good.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0103s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0038s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]