OP
@yourel avatar
UTC

Hooked
51 vespa, 57 Vespa Acma GL, 59 Vespa N, 61 Vespa gs, 65 Vespa Allstate side car, 56 Peugeot S57, 61 Peugeot S57c, 58 Piaggio 150,

Hooked
@yourel avatar
51 vespa, 57 Vespa Acma GL, 59 Vespa N, 61 Vespa gs, 65 Vespa Allstate side car, 56 Peugeot S57, 61 Peugeot S57c, 58 Piaggio 150,
UTC quote
Hi guys, I thought this could be an epic topic.
Tools that you end up making yourself.
Engine holder, clutch wrench, gear shaft remover....

I start with that one: a delightful fuel tap wrench.
Pretty ugly, that was also my first welding but it worked out perfectly.
So if you were in the emergency of building your own because you couldn't wait....
Post it here.

Aurel
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

@yucca avatar
UTC

Hooked
2008 GTS 250

Hooked
@yucca avatar
2008 GTS 250
UTC quote
Looks like it would work.
UTC

Enthusiast
2008 Tangerine Stella

Enthusiast
2008 Tangerine Stella
UTC quote
i dont have a pic...but I did use a pair of handcuffs as a clutch holder tool lol worked pretty well. opened it up and hooked one end on a bolt and slid the other end in between a couple of plates and got the nut off.
OP
@yourel avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@yourel avatar
UTC quote
Noodoggy wrote:
i dont have a pic...but I did use a pair of handcuffs as a clutch holder tool lol worked pretty well. opened it up and hooked one end on a bolt and slid the other end in between a couple of plates and got the nut off.
We want a picture of that one! You're targeting the gold medal! Do you use hand cuff often???
Nice one
@tailgate avatar
UTC

Hooked
"worlds 2nd fastest"74'super 150 . 79'p177x ,1983 lml 150, 2007aprilia sxv 450.

Hooked
@tailgate avatar
"worlds 2nd fastest"74'super 150 . 79'p177x ,1983 lml 150, 2007aprilia sxv 450.
UTC quote
kooky tools
yes. here are some tools that i use when i rebuld my vespas...yes i am from canada....yes i made them myself....and... i am a canadian.
a clutch nut tool . ...a flywheel holder thing....a gudgeon puller(made from bamboo)....and a piston tdc tool.... classy canadian tools!External inline image provided by member with no explanatory textExternal inline image provided by member with no explanatory text i put the wrist pin puller together backwards oops... the nut goes on the wood part and the other end is a carriage bolt end ground down enough to pull the wrist pin through the piston with out scratching the piston ...u put a wrench on top of the wood block and tighten.... yes i know... you still dont care.... hello from canada.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0120s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0042s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]