OP
UTC

Enthusiast
2008 Tangerine Stella

Enthusiast
2008 Tangerine Stella
UTC quote
I think I might have a clog in my idle pathways. I can start the scooter only by pulling open the throttle. In order to keep the scoot running I have to turn the idle screw almost all the way in and still have to give it gas. when riding the scoot idles high after coming down off the throttle. does that sound like an idle clog? I checked the jet and it looks clean. I even put in a different idle jet and same issue. Am I on the right track with the clog? Or is it the opposite? Too rich of an idle? which would be weird b/c it started exhibiting this problem while riding (the high revving when coming off the throttle). thanks for your help. might not be able to fool with it until thursday but hope to tomorrow.

also it doesnt run well. seems lean.
UTC

stespa (stella w/ p200e engine)

stespa (stella w/ p200e engine)
UTC quote
fuel starvation of some sort maybe? idle circuit does seem like a logical place to start looking. check the whole carb. gunk in the float bowl filter. possibly kinked fuel line?
@jackson85 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred

Ossessionato
@jackson85 avatar
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred
UTC quote
Could be the mixture screw needs adjusting to sort the idle
UTC

Enthusiast
1975 VESPA RALLY 200 Euro

Enthusiast
1975 VESPA RALLY 200 Euro
UTC quote
sounds more like an air leak. Make sure the gasket is under the air box and the carb. It won't hurt to disassemble the entire carb and make sure nothing is blocked inside the body.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0108s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0034s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]