OP
@trumpyscooter avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Black 2007 PX200, Dark green 1986 PX225 Pinasco, "1972"(yeah rite) Tangerine px200, several TRIUMPH TIGRESS SCOOTERS

Molto Verboso
@trumpyscooter avatar
Black 2007 PX200, Dark green 1986 PX225 Pinasco, "1972"(yeah rite) Tangerine px200, several TRIUMPH TIGRESS SCOOTERS
UTC quote
Hey guys im in AZ for a couple of weeks and want to know if theres a place i can buy a halogen bulb for my bike and maybe have a browse for some other stuff.

thanks
@scooterist avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
71' Sprint Veloce , 05' Vespa PX150, 1978 P200E

Molto Verboso
@scooterist avatar
71' Sprint Veloce , 05' Vespa PX150, 1978 P200E
UTC quote
Sir/maam,

There are virtually a few dozen shops in AZ (maybe more) that will sell you the lights for the vespa. In what town are you exactly?
Any vespa dealer should be able to provide you with what you need but also any Genuine scooters dealer should have it as well.
@rgconner avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS250

Ossessionato
@rgconner avatar
GTS250
UTC quote
I would highly recommend here:

http://g.co/maps/kaqpp

Very bright lights available.
UTC

UTC
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?
@vader19 avatar
UTC

Mr. Clean
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special

Mr. Clean
@vader19 avatar
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special
UTC quote
I'm pretty sure RG was just having some fun (as many of us do, or at least try to do)
But.. check here...

http://www.goscootover.com/

looks like the place to call in Tuscon.
Hope that helps.
@rgconner avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS250

Ossessionato
@rgconner avatar
GTS250
UTC quote
*smootch*
@vader19 avatar
UTC

Mr. Clean
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special

Mr. Clean
@vader19 avatar
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special
UTC quote
Not sure whether to say "Suck it" or "just tyring to help"... I'll stick with the latter, as I woke up in a good mood, and I ask myself: What would KB say? The day is still young though.
UTC

Hooked
cosa, rally, T5, italjet F125, Lambretta, plus junk

Hooked
UTC quote
rgconner.....you better watch out for a pick up truck outside your place full of good old boys
@rwong709 avatar
UTC

Addicted
2007 Vespa GT200

Addicted
@rwong709 avatar
2007 Vespa GT200
UTC quote
Bright Lights in AZ
Easy guys, being from out of town or out of the country can be a trying experience for anyone. The good news is most Vespas use "off the shelf" type lamps, either H3 or H4 Halogen that are readily available at most retail automotive stores here in the US like: Advance Auto Parts, NAPA Auto Parts, or O'Reilley's (Kragen) Auto Parts or even Sears, K-Mart or WalMart retailers with automotive departments.

The key is to look at the bulb and see what wattage for the low/high beam (55/65W typically) and base connection pin layout/form factor. Generally Vespas have a plastic housing which is heat resistant but not heat proof, and the available 12V power in amps is limited so do not go higher/brighter using Halogen incandescent just to be on the safe side. You do not want to burn the housing, stress the charging system or wiring for a few measley candelas of brightness.

Mr. Conner was making reference to Area 51 as a friendly joke...known as the "de Facto" home of anything alien or UFO light sighting related under top secret blanket of Federal government/military control. Hey, we all have been in the dark at one time or another and saw a mysterious Unidentified Flying Object...we are all under our reasonably best behavior when we "muck" around as a guest on someone's forum, just as when we visit a friend's house, it is okay to cutup a bit, just don't tear the heart out when trying to make a point...
@peterc avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 Vespa GTS 250, TBA

Ossessionato
@peterc avatar
2009 Vespa GTS 250, TBA
UTC quote
Vader19 wrote:
I'm pretty sure RG was just having some fun (as many of us do, or at least try to do)
But.. check here...

http://www.goscootover.com/

looks like the place to call in Tuscon.
Hope that helps.
+1 on ScootOver in Tucson - (520) 323-9090. They're good people and really know their stuff!
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
if its for a PX ...better to change the headlight, bulb holder and bulb to the newer PX disc type..

I have got a bayonet halogen bulb in my px engined Rally...its better..but not up to disc standard
OP
@trumpyscooter avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@trumpyscooter avatar
UTC quote
hey thanks guys, ive got me a new px disk clear plastic lens and holder, and i appreciate the information. Can i use a normal 55/60 bulb? or is it better to get the other? the 55 watt ones are cheaper.

i want to apologise to conner, as explained by others that it was a joke, i didnt quiet appreciate. so i hope you understand im sorry man.
Plus i got told off by an admin, but yeah the above is from the heart

Regards Hutch
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
keep to the standard wattage bulb ( can't remember what it is.. 25 watt ?? )

I tried a higher wattage halogen in a PX before, and when I put on the brake the headlight dimmed...

that was years ago...so if the back light and brake were changed to LEDs you may get away with a higher wattage bulb...

the standard PX disc halogen is such an improvement that you may be happy as it is....
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0153s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0059s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]