@rangeraj avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2011 300GTV

Molto Verboso
@rangeraj avatar
2011 300GTV
UTC quote
I am looking into USAA for our insurance needs.
So far, they could not match the deal that StateFarm is giving us, which bums me out.
@aviator47 avatar
UTC

2006 PX 150 & Malossi Kitted Malaguti Yesterday (Wife's)

@aviator47 avatar
UTC quote
An example of excellent USAA customer service:

In January, I sent a secure message via their web cite as follows:
Quote:
Forgive me for being late in contacting you, but I just remembered that my home owner's policy includes Personal Computer Loss Coverage. Last August, I served my laptop a nice hot cup of cappuccino and the ungrateful machine decided to just up and stop working, resulting in my spending XXX Euro to replace it with a machine of equivalent specifications. How do I go about filing a claim?
The next day I received a reply:
Quote:
Sorry to hear your laptop did not appreciate your hospitality. We have notified our European claims office. You should be hearing from them shortly. Thank you for choosing USAA.
A week later, without any further questions, a check arrived in the mail from their claims service office in Germany with a hand written note:
Quote:
In the interest of providing responsive service, this settlement was based upon the replacement price mentioned in your e-message to USAA. If your mention of purchase price was just conversational and the actual cost was greater, please let us know and the additional amount will be forwarded at once.
Example 2:

As some of you might have read in the papers, there is a bit of a problem here in Greece. I have USAA coverage for our cars (not scooters), as it includes, at no extra cost, Cars Owned By Others (COBO) coverage that gives me full collision and comprehensive coverage for rental or borrowed cars anytime either of us operates one outside of Greece. I realized the other day, that we only needed to insure one car with USAA to get that coverage, and that we could insure the other through our neighbor, who insures our scooters, who's little insurance agency could desperately use any business they could get. Difference in cost would be maybe 20 dollars, once we lost our "multiple car discount", but I simply preferred the money be spent to help a local.

Called USAA and explained clearly that we wanted to drop just the one car for the purpose of helping out a neighbor, not because of any problems with USAA or cost differences. Since insurance coverage here cannot simply be dropped, and a change over had to be "coordinated" I was asking how to handle it. USAA rep said, "Sir, we at USAA are glad to assist you in any way, especially for such a thoughtful reason". She then told me to simply have the local agent write the policy, which I was then to scan and send to USAA. They would terminate USAA coverage on the effective date on the new policy. As to returning the "insurance badge" (European members know about those buggers), she said to write "void" on it in broad felt tip and send a scan of that as well, which would expedite the credit of the premiums to my account, and was much more reliable than snail mail.

Long ago, I stopped worrying about saving a dollar or two on insurance rates and elected to simply enjoy the amazing service USAA provides. The above are just 2012's experiences!
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
AL my friend has had the same kind of great service with them as well. I tried to get them but alas even tho i was in the Gulf War i wasn't in the military so no can do. I tried tho. Laughing emoticon
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
Not sure if anyone mentioned this but I have found that since the economy took a down turn customer service in many corporations / businesses has gotten better. Hmmm.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
FROG it seems like the deregulated ones(airlines and cell companies) are the biggest offenders.
@mrkit8 avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300 Super, and a fleet of Ps

Hooked
@mrkit8 avatar
GTS 300 Super, and a fleet of Ps
UTC quote
I have been with Sprint for so many years (about 15) - and am so excited to have the iphone through them now. The loss of the Premier Program is a bummer, but you really only needed it to upgrade constantly from the crap phones that they offered. I am totally cool with two years with the iphone 4s. They are still the lowest priced (with unlimited data).

Add some family members or friends to your plan and you will save them a bundle - that is a nice perk.
@aviator47 avatar
UTC

@aviator47 avatar
UTC quote
judy wrote:
FROG it seems like the deregulated ones(airlines and cell companies) are the biggest offenders.
Judy - The airlines are a totally different issue than the cell carriers. The bride is a retired major airline exec. Won't bore you or the group with details, but the current situation with US carriers was totally predictable, and several respected consultants indeed did so way back when. It just took longer than expected to get to the current point, and it ain't pretty and won't improve. Interestingly enough, Fred Laker, a Brit who pushed relentlessly for dereg of trans-Atlantic service with his low fare, no frills Laker Airways went belly-up five years after getting his wishes, as the recession of 1982 devastated his shaky business model.
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
judy wrote:
Yeah there are some bad apples but I have had no complaints with Verizon yet and love Southwest and AirTran. Overall though from big to small companies I have noticed improved customer service. Anecdotal I know so I googled. Didn't find much in the was of support for my observation...delusion?

In fact it seems that "60% believe businesses have not increased their focus on providing good customer service" http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-05-12/strategy/30072540_1_customer-great-service-world-servic

Maybe I am just too easy to please or maybe everyone else is too hard to please. Clown emoticon
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
I'm on the harder to please plan. Being a New Yorker and all. Laughing emoticon But it just seems to me that there is a decline. Sprint was a bummer for me. AL thanks for the info. 8)
@aviator47 avatar
UTC

@aviator47 avatar
UTC quote
stickyfrog wrote:
Maybe I am just too easy to please or maybe everyone else is too hard to please. Clown emoticon
Or never had a "problem" beyond the routine or not in the knowledge base. Once you enter that "Twilight Zone", as did my daughter, it's often Katie Bar the Door. It's not just that the customer service rep "won't" solve your problem, often they can't. Either because they lack the authority, or they lack access to information, and, as I mentioned above, quite often their "supervisor" is in the very same boat. I'm sure many get as frustrated as the customer, and over time, I'm willing to bet they simply try to disengage as quickly as possible. especially if the nature of the conundrum results in constantly being subjected to abuse by customers they cannot assist.
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
Yeah I haven't had many big problems but I am having one right now with Bluecross (insurance for those that never heard of it). They don't want to pay for my hospital care on my recent off because my injury was consistent with either a "workplace injury" or a "car accident". Not sure how they come to that as it could be consistent with a lot of scenarios but I have to sign a paper saying that it was not one of those and provide a short description of how I was injured. And I am sure there will be more hoops.
@aviator47 avatar
UTC

@aviator47 avatar
UTC quote
John-

Don't feel singled out for abusive treatment. It's not personal.

The wife asked me to get some info about filling out some forms for her retirement account at one financial institution and an IRA at another. I would introduce myself and state clearly that I was calling to get information about a form that was neither account specific nor client specific, just clarification of an ambiguity in a given block to fill in, as an overseas resident.

The IRA financial institution answered my question immediately. The other refused to speak to me unless Ardy got on the line, went through five minutes of answering questions to prove her identity and then give me authority to speak. We were referred to a non-secure web location to get an updated form, which had an 800 number for faxing. Of course, we can't fax to an 800 number from Greece, so we had to call again and go through the whole identity routine again to get the toll number. I won't even begin to tell you about how that toll number was a computer and treated out of the US caller ID as spam or what it took to find a real physical fax machine.
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
Yeah insurance companies an public sector services can sometimes be a pain. Though in fairness to Bluecross this is the first time I have had a problem and it is not that bad yet. It may be because Florida is getting tougher on fraud and maybe they are required to make sure I am not getting reimbursed by my car insurance company also.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.1008s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0737s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]