@funkymonkey avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500

Molto Verboso
@funkymonkey avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
Talking to a Piaggio MP3 Mechanic ... I discovered that a lot that I've been confused on reading all about this Brake Light Switch has all been different. Or just has been confusing me more.

Mechanic said ... unhook the negative wire to the battery ... then pull the rubber cover back and look on the switch on the handlebar (you may have to look on the opposite side) find a white plastic part inside the switch. Use a small screwdriver and press on that white piece while pulling the wires off the switch.

Unscrew the switch ....

Replace the switch by screwing in the new one. Put Di-Electric grease in the switch and on the wire plug. Line up the wire plug and push it into the switch, until it clicks in. Pull the rubber cover back over the switch.

Replace the negative wire to the battery.

Test the start of the scoot with the brake grip of the switch you replaced.

====

Mine started right up. Took maybe 5-10 minutes to change out this switch with the new switch.

Only took me a week before I went on my Jackson MS trip and a week after to finally get this simple switch changed.

Thanks to all that wrote their articles in the forum on this switch. It helped, some. Hope this helps explain what I did.

FM
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
glad to hear you made a mole hill out of that mountain you were climbing.
OP
@funkymonkey avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500

Molto Verboso
@funkymonkey avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
This is what my switch looked like. It had a white tip.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

I understand some have a red tip. Which shouldn't matter.

Towards the back of the pictured switch, you can see an opening. That is what you need to look for, inside that you will see white plastic. Push on that while pulling the wire connection away from the switch. Unscrew the switch and then replace it with the new one.

Di-electric grease the switch and white wire plug, push the wire plug into the switch, replace the rubber cover.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
FunkyMonkey wrote:
This is what my switch looked like. It had a white tip.

I understand some have a red tip. Which shouldn't matter.

Towards the back of the pictured switch, you can see an opening. That is what you need to look for, inside that you will see white plastic. Push on that while pulling the wire connection away from the switch. Unscrew the switch and then replace it with the new one.

Di-electric grease the switch and white wire plug, push the wire plug into the switch, replace the rubber cover.
red white, smeal samasel, six to one a half dozen to the other.
@sanogeo1 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Red Mp 3 500

Molto Verboso
@sanogeo1 avatar
Red Mp 3 500
UTC quote
OAD, you have a way with words, make me smile sometimes. I really enjoy the various sense of humor on MV.
UTC

Enthusiast
Fuoco

Enthusiast
Fuoco
UTC quote
ya this is the one... i had problem with it since the first day of delivery...
the switch was screwed in too tight and my brake light was constantly on, i i was teling myself 'wow thats some tail lights, so bright' and when i squeeze the brakes... nothing happens... Facepalm emoticon

so do take note not only when it doesn't triggle but also that it might be on all the time! lol
OP
@funkymonkey avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500

Molto Verboso
@funkymonkey avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
OAD - yeah I'm bad about that when I'm trying to learn new things.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0142s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0059s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]