Banned
@stooterboy avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
old as dirt wrote:
500razorback wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
500razorback wrote:
I just don't know yet. I want to hammer on Piaggio for this and get a deal like mharrismel got. Even that wasn't the best out come...Or just say "F" it and discount for the problem and let the new owner take care of it. It's still early yet. The BMW isn't coming till Sept-Oct. earliest. Plus I've got $1500 in extras and mods on it. Don't get me wrong, I love the 3 wheel design on this bike. It's just time to move on.What would you suggest?
cut you loses and frustration and move on.
What ever I do...I'm gonna sink more money into it. Unless I sell it as is. KBB.com trade-in value is $4345. Retail $6305. I thinking I'll price it about $5500 for a 3 year old bike. That's about 50% of what I bought it for. I really thought this unique vehicle would have retained more value than that. KBB must have read some of the articles here...
those values are based on mileage less than 6000 though. Also consider excellent condition which you clearly state that its not mechanically.
Based on your mileage and condition your asking way too much IMO. Just cause you added $1500 in extra stuff doesn't mean its worth $1500 more either.
Aftermarket add on's, add nothing to the resale price, if not lower it because lots of people don't want a bike that's been fucked with by someone else. I won't buy a modified vehicle.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
StooterBoy wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
500razorback wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
500razorback wrote:
I just don't know yet. I want to hammer on Piaggio for this and get a deal like mharrismel got. Even that wasn't the best out come...Or just say "F" it and discount for the problem and let the new owner take care of it. It's still early yet. The BMW isn't coming till Sept-Oct. earliest. Plus I've got $1500 in extras and mods on it. Don't get me wrong, I love the 3 wheel design on this bike. It's just time to move on.What would you suggest?
What ever I do...I'm gonna sink more money into it. Unless I sell it as is. KBB.com trade-in value is $4345. Retail $6305. I thinking I'll price it about $5500 for a 3 year old bike. That's about 50% of what I bought it for. I really thought this unique vehicle would have retained more value than that. KBB must have read some of the articles here...
those values are based on mileage less than 6000 though. Also consider excellent condition which you clearly state that its not mechanically.
Based on your mileage and condition your asking way too much IMO. Just cause you added $1500 in extra stuff doesn't mean its worth $1500 more either.
Aftermarket add on's, add nothing to the resale price, if not lower it because lots of people don't want a bike that's been fucked with by someone else. I won't buy a modified vehicle.
so why would you ask premium price by your statement then and the issues you feel your having?
@heinlein avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
MP3 500, Ducati ST4s, Honda Silver Wing

Ossessionato
@heinlein avatar
UTC quote
old as dirt wrote:
StooterBoy wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
500razorback wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
500razorback wrote:
so why would you ask premium price by your statement then and the issues you feel your having?
I think Stooterboy was agreeing with you about 500razorback's statement.
@stooterboy avatar
UTC

Banned
MP3 500

Banned
@stooterboy avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
I think OAD thought 500razorback's posted my reply.
@heinlein avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@heinlein avatar
UTC quote
StooterBoy wrote:
When you're as old as dirt; a little confusion is allowed. Laughing emoticon
@500razorback avatar
UTC

Banned
09 Piaggio MP3 500

Banned
@500razorback avatar
09 Piaggio MP3 500
UTC quote
I haven't asked anything yet. What you where looking at was just a rough guess-timate. I can strip the MP3 if I need to. I can put a lot of that stuff on my new BMW or sell it used to anyone here or at club meets. For example, $150 for a used Maddstad Windshield is not a bad deal...considering I bought it for $299. Then again, some people like having all that stuff on a bike in the first place...especially if they are mechanically challenged. YOU are the one who does not buy modified bikes. There are all kinds of buyers out there. I put a lotta love and good money into this trike. As long as I stipulate it has a oil blow-back issue, I can rest easy. KBB.com has only one price for resale - Good. $5500 is btwn trade-in and Dealer asking. For those of you who believe this bike is in poor condition because of the issue. It runs strong and looks like a new bike. I always keep it polished. That's not a poor condition bike. Club riders out here think it looks awesome! Laughing emoticon

Hey! Aren't we getting a little off subject? I thought this was about Dealings with Piaggio Nerd emoticon
⚠️ Last edited by 500razorback on UTC; edited 3 times
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
StooterBoy wrote:
your absolutely right. It was last nite and I probably was tired.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0246s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0134s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]