@muriel avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
BV 250

Molto Verboso
@muriel avatar
BV 250
UTC quote
Curious to know this: for those of you who bought your Piaggio or Vespa brand-new from your authorised dealer, did they ever fill out the warranty booklet information each time they did service? The booklet says service information must be filled out each time and mailed (by the dealer) to PiaggioUSA each time. But my booklet is totally blank.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
It's a legacy item - it's all done online now.
@brodyfrompa avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
04 GT200 & 2005 PX150(sold), 2005 Bajaj Tuktuk

Molto Verboso
@brodyfrompa avatar
04 GT200 & 2005 PX150(sold), 2005 Bajaj Tuktuk
UTC quote
blank when bought used.......no dealer info even!
OP
@muriel avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
BV 250

Molto Verboso
@muriel avatar
BV 250
UTC quote
Yeah, I was wondering too. Shouldn't all of this stuff be done online? Why the booklet with such ominous words like, and I paraphrase, "If this information isn't mailed to us your warranty is VOID!"

Oh well...maybe it's for times when the internet is "down". Razz emoticon
@monit avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS 300

Molto Verboso
@monit avatar
GTS 300
UTC quote
I think I threw mine out. I have not been back to my dealer since I bought my GTS250 two years ago. I even bought and replaced my fuel pump myself. I don't trust anyone working on my baby.
@modshack avatar
UTC

Hooked
2010 300 Super

Hooked
@modshack avatar
2010 300 Super
UTC quote
Monit wrote:
I even bought and replaced my fuel pump myself. I don't trust anyone working on my baby.
I did the same....
@jack_coke avatar
UTC

Hooked
2018 GTS 300

Hooked
@jack_coke avatar
2018 GTS 300
UTC quote
The shop didn't even fill out the book when they did my first service. I asked them about it the next time I was by and they actually laughed. The address on the booklet no longer exists. I am keeping all records of service but not worrying about sending it to Vespa.
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
The vehicle retains its value better if the service history is known. Even if you do the service by your self, you should write about it to the warranty book.

Would you buy second hand scooter without service history? I would not. Or then it has to be very cheap scooter.
@nightwing avatar
UTC

Contributor
2007 LX 150 (memories)

Contributor
@nightwing avatar
2007 LX 150 (memories)
UTC quote
I believe most authorized dealers are on the Vespa computer network. My dealer told me that the warranty book and service coupons weren't needed because they entered all the data when they serviced the bike. Of course, if you turn your own wrenches, save receipts for parts and record the date and mileage.
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
When it's time to sell your scooter, how do you prove it's properly serviced, if at all, if you cannot show service history from booklet. Any kind of booklet is better than nothing. Sure it's not bullet proof evidence, but it shows that some caring has been done. Sure there is something also on someones hard disk somewhere, but no one knows how long.

I just trade my scooter to new, and dealer was very happy when I had old scooter's booklet with markings.

Let them laugh if you ask for proper markings and stamp to booklet. It's their job to do things right, and you pay for it.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
I write things down in the book so i can remember. I will admit i just started to do it but i can't remember stuff as well anymore. I guess you could get a print out from the dealer if you sell the scoot but what happens if they close? I'd still write it down in the book. Just my thoughts.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0141s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0064s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]