@santiago avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS

Ossessionato
@santiago avatar
Vespa GTS
UTC quote
OK so it's a little early by about 90 minutes.
By now you should know what to do. Post your plans, observations, tell a joke or anything on your mind that is not important enough to make a new topic.
What is going on, what is on your mind today?

I'll start. The snow from last week is all melted and I expect to do an overnight on Cape Cod leaving Saturday AM. We need to check on the place and water plants so I can be home next weekend for St. Paddy's day.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
⚠️ Last edited by Santiago on UTC; edited 2 times
@tb avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa 2005 GT200 & Honda Metro

Ossessionato
@tb avatar
UTC quote
It's time to file my taxes!
Big day tomorrow! I make my annual visit to my accountant to review my numbers that will populate my tax forms and submitted to Uncle Sam and we'll see what happens. I do all the compiling of data on separate spreadsheets and populate an organizer which is then used to input and file electronically. I use most of the time to discuss tax related issues.

In addition to gettiing this done there's another reason to celebrate as it will be my last year filing as a wage earner. Next year I'll be filing as a retiree (took early retirement)! It will be interesting since my only "earned" income will come from a rental property and 1099-R funds off of my rollover IRA then combining this with retirement savings...it should be a lot easier. Need to still keep an eye on maxmizing my IRA rollover distribution over the next five years since I'll be in the lowest tax bracket.

For those who thinking about retiring...there's a lot planning and strategizing before you make that jump to the next chapter in your life!
⚠️ Last edited by TB on UTC; edited 1 time
@zero_o avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
C70. CB400, Duke200, DRZ400SM

Molto Verboso
@zero_o avatar
C70. CB400, Duke200, DRZ400SM
UTC quote
Well .. speedo cable on ET snapped last week .. took it to the shop for a replacement. Sometime next week, will have an appointment with the Piaggio distributor to drop the engine and replace an aging (and leaky) gasket.

She is probably angry with me for wanting to buy a second bike ...
@scutrbrau avatar
UTC

The Beer Guy
2010 GTS 300 Super and 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT

The Beer Guy
@scutrbrau avatar
UTC quote
We're moving this weekend. Ugh. I just have to keep reminding myself it's going to be great in the end. Once it's over I can get back to my scooter and obsessing over my Cannonball preparation.
@wleuthold avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125: 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Big Ugly), 2023 Vespa GTS300 (Ghost)

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@wleuthold avatar
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125: 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Big Ugly), 2023 Vespa GTS300 (Ghost)
UTC quote
7 Bridges Scooter Club has a ride planned today to Astor, to pick up friends with the Shiftless Scooter Club for a ride through the Ocala National Forest to Micanopy for lunch at Blue Highway Pizza.

The weather finally looks OK for a weekend ride, our first in four weeks as we have been rained out the past two. Rain chance low but steady 15 to 20 mph wind not the best.

Maybe as many as ten riders. Should be 220 miles for me.
@bvbob avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan

Molto Verboso
@bvbob avatar
UTC quote
Taking both scooters out for a ride! Rained a lot on Thursday so all the salt is off the roads Clown emoticon . I did sneak my BV out about a month ago for a couple 15 mile rides but today the Reflex comes out too! Tomorrow the wife will join me on her Metropolitan. Life is good.

Bob
@david_masse avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS 300 i.e. ABS sold, 2010 Vespa GTS 300 ie Super (sold) & 2003 Honda Shadow VT750 ACE (sold) & 2006 Vespa LX150 (sold)

Ossessionato
@david_masse avatar
2016 Vespa GTS 300 i.e. ABS sold, 2010 Vespa GTS 300 ie Super (sold) & 2003 Honda Shadow VT750 ACE (sold) & 2006 Vespa LX150 (sold)
UTC quote
I'm wrapping up the installation of heated grips, just in time for the start on the 2012 commuting season. Joy, joy, joy!
@harvey avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 Honda NC750XD, 2007 GTS (sold),

Ossessionato
@harvey avatar
2016 Honda NC750XD, 2007 GTS (sold),
UTC quote
Going to Montreal to for some Schwartz's smoked meat.
The Deli just changed hands (Celine Dion & friends), so who knows what will happen to it.
@lyns57 avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS250

Hooked
@lyns57 avatar
Vespa GTS250
UTC quote
Breakfast in bed.
And a car show later.
@froggieposition avatar
UTC

Thunder Thief
2010 GTS 300 Super & 2015 Kawasaki Concours 1400 ABS
Location: in the blue ridge mountains of Virginia... on the trail of the lonesome pine..."

Thunder Thief
@froggieposition avatar
2010 GTS 300 Super & 2015 Kawasaki Concours 1400 ABS
Location: in the blue ridge mountains of Virginia... on the trail of the lonesome pine..."
UTC quote
I will be going to the green beer races, keg toss and other shenanigans at 1pm then meander over to a friends for a party and games, just an excuse to hang out and drink.
@caschnd1 avatar
UTC

Grumpy Biker
1980 Vespa P200e (sold), 2002 Vespa ET4 (sold), 1949 Harley-Davidson FL

Grumpy Biker
@caschnd1 avatar
UTC quote
Today is the annual Ostrich Festival in Chandler, Arizona. I'll be avoiding that like the plague. I hate crowds. LOL I'm headed out to go riding here in a few.
@tb avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@tb avatar
UTC quote
BVBob wrote:
Taking both scooters out for a ride! Rained a lot on Thursday so all the salt is off the roads Clown emoticon . I did sneak my BV out about a month ago for a couple 15 mile rides but today the Reflex comes out too! Tomorrow the wife will join me on her Metropolitan. Life is good.

Bob
Honda Reflex:

Saw an old friend who rode a early (vintage) Honda Reflex and recently purchased another used Reflex 2008 < 1000 miles for ~ $2500...seemed like a good deal and more important he liked the reliability. Thinking that this might be something good for wife to upgrade to from her Honda Metro.

Your thoughts on the Honda Reflex.

Honda Metro.

Is you wife's Honda Metro pretty much stock? We have a 2008 Metro and it's alright for riding around the neighborhood but not so much on the open road and have been reluctant to tweak it...figured be best to simply upgrade.
Figured you may have considered same. Advice?

Thanks!
@scootergirl72 avatar
UTC

Hooked
'20 GTS Touring

Hooked
@scootergirl72 avatar
'20 GTS Touring
UTC quote
The snow is melting, the snow is melting!
At 9:02am in Minneapolis, it's already 45 degrees with an expected high of 61. Later today I am meeting some friends in Uptown for brunch and shenanigans expected to last into the early evening hours. There's likely to be cocktails involved so while I would enjoy taking the GT, I'd feel better about leaving a car overnight than a scooter.

Tomorrow is supposed to be just as nice so a ride will definitely be in order.
@scootergirl72 avatar
UTC

Hooked
'20 GTS Touring

Hooked
@scootergirl72 avatar
'20 GTS Touring
UTC quote
Lyns57 wrote:
Breakfast in bed.
And a car show later.
Do you have to make it? Food always tastes better to me when someone else makes it. Either way - sounds like a lovely day. Enjoy!!!
@wmak avatar
UTC

Moto Giro Titan
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red,2020 Zero SR/S, Zeus, Electric Dragon

Moto Giro Titan
@wmak avatar
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red,2020 Zero SR/S, Zeus, Electric Dragon
UTC quote
Fixing to take a walk with the Mrs, then some paper work for the job. UK basketball at 1:00, then some bike maintenance to finish out the afternoon. I'll probably go to the school play tonight, the students work hard and appreciate having an audience.
@tempe-et avatar
UTC

Hooked
'02 ET4

Hooked
@tempe-et avatar
'02 ET4
UTC quote
I have a house guest from NYC with us for 3 weeks. He talks incessantly...
At my job, I have to instruct people all day long, so the last thing I want to do when I get home is talk for hours on end. This morning he was sawing wood one moment, and the next moment he was in the kitchen and flapping his jaws like a great white on a fresh kill. AMAZING! Let me get my latte down first...................!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't heard from my sick friend all week. Hope he's OK.

Where are my f*&^%$#@ happy pills?!

Thank you.
@scootergirl72 avatar
UTC

Hooked
'20 GTS Touring

Hooked
@scootergirl72 avatar
'20 GTS Touring
UTC quote
Tempe-ET wrote:
I have a house guest from NYC with us for 3 weeks. He talks incessantly...
At my job, I have to instruct people all day long, so the last thing I want to do when I get home is talk for hours on end. This morning he was sawing wood one moment, and the next moment he was in the kitchen and flapping his jaws like a great white on a fresh kill. AMAZING! Let me get my latte down first...................!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't heard from my sick friend all week. Hope he's OK.

Where are my f*&^%$#@ happy pills?!

Thank you.
Silence is something to be appreciated, for certain. I hope your day goes well and you hear from your friend.
@rajron avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300

Addicted
@rajron avatar
GTS 300
UTC quote
After a month and a half on the road, in a good place Phoenix where it's nice and warm, but no scooter it's at home in the garage so it was golf -I get home and its freezing or nearly freezing, there is a light snow blowing around - I don't think I will be going on the scooter today.
To Oregon next week, preparing for that trip now, warmer cloths, no scooter and most likely no golf - still thing on that

In an hour or so will walk the dog, missed her
@lyns57 avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS250

Hooked
@lyns57 avatar
Vespa GTS250
UTC quote
scootergirl72 wrote:
Lyns57 wrote:
Breakfast in bed.
And a car show later.
Do you have to make it? Food always tastes better to me when someone else makes it. Either way - sounds like a lovely day. Enjoy!!!
Scootergirl,
My sweet husband made it for me. He knew the insane pace I had at work this week, and wanted to reset my "chill out" button.
@scootergirl72 avatar
UTC

Hooked
'20 GTS Touring

Hooked
@scootergirl72 avatar
'20 GTS Touring
UTC quote
Lyns57 wrote:
scootergirl72 wrote:
Lyns57 wrote:
Breakfast in bed.
And a car show later.
Scootergirl,
My sweet husband made it for me. He knew the insane pace I had at work this week, and wanted to reset my "chill out" button.
Aww, what a guy! That's very sweet of him to do.
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
UTC quote
Scutrbrau wrote:
We're moving this weekend. Ugh. I just have to keep reminding myself it's going to be great in the end. Once it's over I can get back to my scooter and obsessing over my Cannonball preparation.
What do you mean "this weekend"?!? It took me two months to move.
@scutrbrau avatar
UTC

The Beer Guy

The Beer Guy
@scutrbrau avatar
UTC quote
jess wrote:
Scutrbrau wrote:
What do you mean "this weekend"?!? It took me two months to move.
I should have said that we are starting to move this weekend. We have until the end of the month to get it done but the more time I waste on moving means the less time I have to get myself ready for Cannonball. I'm anxious to start thinking about scooters again.
@huckleberry avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@huckleberry avatar
UTC quote
It's only going to be ~50 degrees F today, however we are having a family cookout to celebrate my number 2 son's birthday. I guess I'll just be hanging around here visiting and eating most of the day.

Bartle Doo!!
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
Might go for a ride with Mike but it's supposed to rain again and be real windy. Haven't ridden since last Sunday. Crying or Very sad emoticon I've done dick all this week so i might finish some projects. I hate this time of year here but we need the rain. My lemons are getting huge. 8)
OP
@santiago avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS

Ossessionato
@santiago avatar
Vespa GTS
UTC quote
It's like noon and I just woke up. I'm glad all of you refrained from pointing out I had the wrong year in the topic subject line. I had 2010.

Plans have been scrapped for going to the Cape and we are working on cleaning the aquarium, re-potting cactus and fixing things. But nothing happens until I get a couple cups of coffee in me.

I'm extraordinarily happy that the posters like the weekend threads. Makes me feel like I contribute to MV in some way.
@david_masse avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@david_masse avatar
UTC quote
Harvey wrote:
Going to Montreal to for some Schwartz's smoked meat.
The Deli just changed hands (Celine Dion & friends), so who knows what will happen to it.
By all means, go to Schwartz's, BUT... if you're driving, consider stopping at Smoke Meat Pete's either on the way  in or on the way home. 

By some estimates, even better than the iconic Schwartz's.  It's on Highway 20 in Ile Perrot.  Just take the 20 into Montreal instead of the 40. YUM!!
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
Charging a new battery from NAPA. Weather is near record highs, and maybe all week! Lots of sand especially in the parking lane. Generally I ride without helmet and jacket, but not until the sand is gone. Being Minnesota we could have a monster snow storm in the next month. What a fabulous winter it's been!
@david_masse avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@david_masse avatar
UTC quote
Santiago wrote:
... I'm extraordinarily happy that the posters like the weekend threads. Makes me feel like I contribute to MV in some way.
Great contributions, if you want my opinion.
OP
@santiago avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS

Ossessionato
@santiago avatar
Vespa GTS
UTC quote
Ooooooh Tom.
Get ready for a lot of advice about gear!
Laughing emoticon
OP
@santiago avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS

Ossessionato
@santiago avatar
Vespa GTS
UTC quote
davidmasse wrote:
Santiago wrote:
... I'm extraordinarily happy that the posters like the weekend threads. Makes me feel like I contribute to MV in some way.
Great contributions, if you want my opinion.
Tanks!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@david_masse avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@david_masse avatar
UTC quote
Santiago wrote:
Ooooooh Tom.
Get ready for a lot of advice about gear!
Laughing emoticon
ROFL emoticon ROFL emoticon ROFL emoticon
@bvbob avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@bvbob avatar
UTC quote
TB wrote:
BVBob wrote:

Bob
Honda Reflex:

Saw an old friend who rode a early (vintage) Honda Reflex and recently purchased another used Reflex 2008 < 1000 miles for ~ $2500...seemed like a good deal and more important he liked the reliability. Thinking that this might be something good for wife to upgrade to from her Honda Metro.

Your thoughts on the Honda Reflex.

Extremely reliable. Very much a quality scooter. It is actually better on gas than my BV200 but the BV is quicker and much smoother. It is heavy but has the exact seat height of the Metropolitan. If your wife has good upper body strength she could probably handle it. Wind protection is second to none. Very good scooter overall.

Honda Metro.

Is you wife's Honda Metro pretty much stock? We have a 2008 Metro and it's alright for riding around the neighborhood but not so much on the open road and have been reluctant to tweak it...figured be best to simply upgrade.
Figured you may have considered same. Advice?

We are also looking for an upgrade for my wife. She has sat on almost everything out there and the only scoot she likes and just about fits is the Honda Elite 110. She's a Honda girl.... We've actually taken the Met on a couple over-night adventures. We had more fun doing that then you can imagine. I mapped everything out so that we were on back roads. We packed our Givi's and headed out. About 170 miles round trip! The folks at the Inn we stayed at loved that we rode scooters. Her's is bone stock though it has the factory windshield, front basket, and accessory rear rack that I mounted a Givi e30 on. She put 2000 miles on that bad boy last summer with no problems at all. It needs tires right now so we are deciding between finding a Elite 110 or just going with new tires and continuing to look. If you can find somewhere interesting and fun to make an "adventure" out of that's not too far away the Met works!
Thanks!
@caschnd1 avatar
UTC

Grumpy Biker

Grumpy Biker
@caschnd1 avatar
UTC quote
Got in about 4 hours of riding on the Harley. Came home and jumped on the P200 and terrorized the civilian population for 30 minutes or so (to be continued tomorrow). Put a new air cleaner on the Harley (not a new element, the entire air cleaner.... something smaller and less intrusive).

Probably should jump in the shower and wash off the road grime and grease from the wrenching session.

-Craig
OP
@santiago avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS

Ossessionato
@santiago avatar
Vespa GTS
UTC quote
Damn 5:20 I'm an hour late! Time for a beer at least.
@boulty avatar
UTC

Moderator Australis
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone, 2014 Vespa 150 Primavera (sold) 2003 Vespa GT200 (sold)

Moderator Australis
@boulty avatar
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone, 2014 Vespa 150 Primavera (sold) 2003 Vespa GT200 (sold)
UTC quote
Sunday here already. Eight teenage girls stayed over for my daughter's birthday party....do they have a sleep allergy? Yawn emoticon
@bvbob avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@bvbob avatar
UTC quote
Took both scooters out as planned. Froze my cojones off. It never got quite as warm as they said. Hopefully tomorrow it will get in the 60's. Now I'm off to drink as the other thread going here asks. A fine Italian Red will do the trick! It will help warm me up too. Cheers and looking for a beautiful Sunday.

Bob
@ravenlore avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2009 GTS 250ie "Jigokuchou" 2001 ET2 "Luna"

Molto Verboso
@ravenlore avatar
2009 GTS 250ie "Jigokuchou" 2001 ET2 "Luna"
UTC quote
Re: The snow is melting, the snow is melting!
scootergirl72 wrote:
At 9:02am in Minneapolis, it's already 45 degrees with an expected high of 61.
We hit 65, a new record high.

I went to Bob's Cycle Supply and picked up a pair of Shift leg armor for commuting.
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79
2 helmets, 2 jackets, 4 spark plugs, 2 rear bulbs, some bolts, a spring, an ET rear rack, clear indicators and half a can of unleaded, but no bike!

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
2 helmets, 2 jackets, 4 spark plugs, 2 rear bulbs, some bolts, a spring, an ET rear rack, clear indicators and half a can of unleaded, but no bike!
UTC quote
I always seem to be working on these threads..boohoo

nothing to report anyway, scooted in, weather mild, 11 prisoners, most have fallen asleep now.

Super Dooper
@tb avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@tb avatar
UTC quote
BVBob...Honda Elite
Will check out the Honda Elite and see if she wants to have the added benefite of having a bit more under the throttle if and when we make the move. I believe she'll appreciate the added acceleration and top end versus her Metropolitan...we'll see how that goes. However more important is the leg drop...she likes the Metro just the way it is right now.

Thanks again for your input...appreciate it!

Wayne
@dvh1150 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2024 300 GTS "Classico" + 2001 ET2 50

Hooked
@dvh1150 avatar
2024 300 GTS "Classico" + 2001 ET2 50
UTC quote
Rode the 300 GTV to work...gawjus day in Palm Springs. Keep seeing this really bitchin' Honda Metro at Stater Bros., a local supermarket (owner must work there...) and it makes me want to add one to my collection...well, it would be the FIRST addition to my "collection"!!!

Any advice? And it's just for putting around the 'hood.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0297s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0124s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]