OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
I have had trouble in the past with it starting after sitting through the winter, but this time it was way different. The battery had gotten low and after a night of charging it would start and run for a few seconds. Then it wouldn't start again. Randomly and later it would start again and same deal it would die. I thought it would be a simple carb clean. So new gas, carb clean, new spark plug, good consistent spark, getting fuel still nothing. With no carb either some gas or ether same thing. Over the course of several hours anyway I try it would only fire a couple times. I check the valve clearance as what I thought would be my final option, valves ok.

I was about to give up, but my final check was remove the exhaust. I couldn't blow through it. So I taped up the air hose and put the compressor on it. It started filling up like an air tank. What the hell? I imagine it had about 20-30lbs in it before what ever was stuck in it let loose. It sounded like a gun pop out the outlet. It blew tools and parts everywhere. I didn't see and couldnt find anything that came out. All back together it runs fine.

I come to these forums everyime I have a problem, so i thought id share my results as I haven't read anything like this. Any idea what it could be other than a small mouse? I plan on opening it up to see eventually.[/b][/quote]
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
Wow haven't seen that before. Will be interesting to see what was in there. Critters could get in there i suppose. BTW welcome to the forum.Did you get a new battery?
OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
The battery seemed good after the charge. I probably did the equivalent of 50 starts and its still turned over strong.
@tor2ga avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Looking for the next one, probably electric

Ossessionato
@tor2ga avatar
Looking for the next one, probably electric
UTC quote
Varmint.

Betcha.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0126s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0054s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]