OP
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79
2 helmets, 2 jackets, 4 spark plugs, 2 rear bulbs, some bolts, a spring, an ET rear rack, clear indicators and half a can of unleaded, but no bike!

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
2 helmets, 2 jackets, 4 spark plugs, 2 rear bulbs, some bolts, a spring, an ET rear rack, clear indicators and half a can of unleaded, but no bike!
UTC quote
Last Weekend- Someone nicked my Piaggio Badge
Monday- Seat-hinge broke- nearly came off in my hand when opened up
Tuesday-Flat Tyre- (Sorted)
Wednesday- Sign fell down at work scratching my front fender and front panel
Thursday- Free Day
Friday- Speedo cable broke
Saturday- OK so far after a 30 miles trip..still gotta get home (wish me luck)

Fingers crossed for a better Vespa week, next week!!
OP
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
But I did achieve Molto Verboso status...
@ravenlore avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2009 GTS 250ie "Jigokuchou" 2001 ET2 "Luna"

Molto Verboso
@ravenlore avatar
2009 GTS 250ie "Jigokuchou" 2001 ET2 "Luna"
UTC quote
That IS a crappy week.
@vespergeezer avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS300, Cosa LX200

Addicted
@vespergeezer avatar
GTS300, Cosa LX200
UTC quote
Re: Markysparx's Bad Vespa Week.
markysparx wrote:
Last Weekend- Someone nicked my Piaggio Badge
Monday- Seat-hinge broke- nearly came off in my hand when opened up
Tuesday-Flat Tyre- (Sorted)
Wednesday- Sign fell down at work scratching my front fender and front panel
Thursday- Free Day
Friday- Speedo cable broke
Saturday- OK so far after a 30 miles trip..still gotta get home (wish me luck)

Fingers crossed for a better Vespa week, next week!!
Stay in bed any day except Thursday?
@skymizer avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Scoot Sold

Ossessionato
@skymizer avatar
Scoot Sold
UTC quote
alrighty then...you got that Bad "week" out of the way, the next 51 should serve you better! congrats on the 1000 plus posts!
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
You need to rub some rabbits feet. I have 12 of them here and it does help. Oh and they have to be live bunnies. I've had weeks like that You'll be good to go for a while. Congrats on the upgrade. 8)
@skymizer avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Scoot Sold

Ossessionato
@skymizer avatar
Scoot Sold
UTC quote
"rubbing rabbits feet...live ones" I like that Judy. Bet it'll work too!
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
SKY it does and all of mine are ticklish when it comes to the foot bottoms. Laughing emoticon
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
gerroff
stop this foot ticklin talk .... im ready to kick someone just thinkin about it ............

next weeks gotta be better marky
OP
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
Well its tuesday and it aint going too bad so far!
@benito avatar
UTC

2010 Dragon Red GTS 300 Super, 2018 Grigio Titanio Piaggio Liberty S 150

@benito avatar
2010 Dragon Red GTS 300 Super, 2018 Grigio Titanio Piaggio Liberty S 150
UTC quote
Here's to a much better week for you and your scooter.
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super
UTC quote
Uh oh...there's a man who needs a gremlin bell!

Hope that's your problems all over in one batch, and nowt more for a bit! Laughing emoticon

Or natures way of saying you should look for a newer, shinier Vespa?! Razz emoticon
@slolane avatar
UTC

Hooked
2012 GTS 300

Hooked
@slolane avatar
2012 GTS 300
UTC quote
Phew, that was a long week. Hope this one is much better!!
OP
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
Day 2 almost finished. Not anywhere near as bad. Work was pants but just about to settle down for the evening with a beverage. Thanks for your comments
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
Crappy week alright. Make sure you put Tuesday in the poll. Tire Puncture Survey: Front vs. Rear
OP
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
all in Sticky!!
@still_shifting avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Chetak

Ossessionato
@still_shifting avatar
Chetak
UTC quote
judy wrote:
You need to rub some rabbits feet. I have 12 of them here and it does help. Oh and they have to be live bunnies. I've had weeks like that You'll be good to go for a while. Congrats on the upgrade. 8)
Judy is so silly, every body knows that Gently Rubbing the Ears of the Little Varmints, is the Real Mojo Maker! Laughing emoticon R
OP
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
Monday- 40 mile round trip on Dexter- run like a dream
Tuesday- No issues, work and back, ran fine
Wednesday- No issues
Thursday- ordered a pair of white-wall tyres, speedo cable, piaggio badge
Friday- New seat mechanism arrived COURTESY OF MV MEMBER AKP- Cheers buddy- you is da ledge
Saturday- Not used the bike
Sunday (today) mirror vibrated loose, tried to tighten up at roadside and looks like I have bent the thread- shall i order some new ones or just have a play with these..mmm

Altogether a much better week!
@david_masse avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS 300 i.e. ABS sold, 2010 Vespa GTS 300 ie Super (sold) & 2003 Honda Shadow VT750 ACE (sold) & 2006 Vespa LX150 (sold)

Ossessionato
@david_masse avatar
2016 Vespa GTS 300 i.e. ABS sold, 2010 Vespa GTS 300 ie Super (sold) & 2003 Honda Shadow VT750 ACE (sold) & 2006 Vespa LX150 (sold)
UTC quote
I'm neither religious, nor superstitious, but you can set your watch by the law of averages. So hang in there, time is your friend.
OP
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
davidmasse wrote:
I'm neither religious, nor superstitious, but you can set your watch by the law of averages. So hang in there, time is your friend.
cheers David, although just looked down at my watch (on a tedious night-shift) to find its stopped...
@dvh1150 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2024 300 GTS "Classico" + 2001 ET2 50

Hooked
@dvh1150 avatar
2024 300 GTS "Classico" + 2001 ET2 50
UTC quote
Marky, to borrow an old book title (I believe from Joan Baez's ex-husband), "Been down so long it looks like up to me." Despite the mirror, last week WAS better. May this week be totally uneventful!
UTC

Addicted
'09 Yamaha Zuma(sold), '06 Kymco People 250(sold), '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500ie, '09 Buddy Italia, '06 Buddy

Addicted
'09 Yamaha Zuma(sold), '06 Kymco People 250(sold), '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500ie, '09 Buddy Italia, '06 Buddy
UTC quote
Grr! I hate bad karma payoff weeks!

I had a similar one:

Friday: Went down on Yoda avoiding a DB who flew out of the alley. Minor damage to headlight cowlling, mirrors, and fender.

Sat: winds knocked over the zuma, broke the rear brake lever right off. The only part no one seems to have....

Sun: Flat tire on car. 4 vehicles, 3 are damaged or down. sheesh!

but I got to ride on Sat anyway with some great new friends, and today I went up to lookout mountain. Everything will be alright!
OP
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
fingers crossed for you mate.

I have just popped out of work to try and get the right mirror back on. It turns and turns but pops straight back out.

Do you guys think maybe the tread has gone on the mirror bolt or is it possible for the actual tread to go on the handle bar?
@still_shifting avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Chetak

Ossessionato
@still_shifting avatar
Chetak
UTC quote
DVH1150 wrote:
Marky, to borrow an old book title (I believe from Joan Baez's ex-husband), "Been down so long it looks like up to me." Despite the mirror, last week WAS better. May this week be totally uneventful!
I believe "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me" was written by Richard Farina who was married to Mimi Farina; Joan Baez's little sister. Richard wrote a few good songs, and he and Mimi did a couple albums on the Vanguard Label as I recall... It's a long long way down to Reno Nevada... R
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC quote
markysparx wrote:
fingers crossed for you mate.

I have just popped out of work to try and get the right mirror back on. It turns and turns but pops straight back out.

Do you guys think maybe the tread has gone on the mirror bolt or is it possible for the actual tread to go on the handle bar?
Could be either, but you should be able to see which straight away when you take the mirror fully out. Obviously the mirror is the easier of the two to replace. I'm not sure if the type of metal used is different between the two, but I wouldn't be surprised if the mirror stem was the weaker one.

Good luck
OP
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
all cool, it was the stem, popped over to motorcycle shop and purchased a pair of chrome round mirrors, then takled my seat hinge. All done now, awaiting the call this week for my other parts.

Wish I'd taken you up on the hexagonal badge, still aint arrived from ebay!

Hope all is good
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
SHIFTING i rub the ears as well. Laughing emoticon I have lops so they have a lot of ears to rub. 8) MARKY glad it's been a better week. SKULLY Wha? emoticon I think you need holy water. Hope it gets better for you as well. FROG don't you have 3 things by now? Accident, tire and something else?
@neops avatar
UTC

Hooked
PX 200 FD (in pink)

Hooked
@neops avatar
PX 200 FD (in pink)
UTC quote
Oh man.

This vespa needs an exorcist!
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC quote
markysparx wrote:

Hope all is good
Offer still stands Marky - I should be at the VMSC show near Coventry on Sunday and will be looking for the same badge for myself, so no probs to pick you one up and put it in the post, just let me know. You know that if I get you one though, the ebay one will turn up in the post ! Laughing emoticon

Fancy a trip over yourself though? It's a good day
http://www.vmsc.co.uk/page30.html
OP
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
brown_beret7 wrote:
markysparx wrote:

Hope all is good
Offer still stands Marky - I should be at the VMSC show near Coventry on Sunday and will be looking for the same badge for myself, so no probs to pick you one up and put it in the post, just let me know. You know that if I get you one though, the ebay one will turn up in the post ! Laughing emoticon

Fancy a trip over yourself though? It's a good day
http://www.vmsc.co.uk/page30.html
Do you know what mate, fuck it, Ill have one of ya. Can you get it and then paypal me or Ill send you a cheque, whatever is easier. I dont think it will come now. And if it does, Ill have 2. What time is it all kicking off in Cov?
OP
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
Infact, I'll read the flyer before I ask you stupid questions. Got my hands full with the kiddies at the mo, but as soon as I can leave the lounge long enough to get to the kitchen calendar to check my shifts, Ill let you know. I could just get my own, need some other stuff, so would be ideal.

How's tricks?
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC quote
markysparx wrote:
Infact, I'll read the flyer before I ask you stupid questions. Got my hands full with the kiddies at the mo, but as soon as I can leave the lounge long enough to get to the kitchen calendar to check my shifts, Ill let you know. I could just get my own, need some other stuff, so would be ideal.

How's tricks?
PM me for a phone number etc if you decide to go and we'll have a mini MV meet up and chat then!
@waspman avatar
UTC

Addicted
2005 GTS 250ie

Addicted
@waspman avatar
2005 GTS 250ie
UTC quote
Marky, watch out for BB7 he'll buy everything at the show and rig up some scam for selling back to you! I'm sure he is buying everything branded Tucano Urbano on ebay and will soon start his own shop!

He knows I'm only ribbing him, but if he snipes me on another jacket with 2 seconds to go I won't be held responsible for my actions!!

I think his heart is the right place though he tipped me off on a jacket that I did manage to buy (it wasn't his size) Laughing emoticon
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC quote
waspman wrote:
Marky, watch out for BB7 he'll buy everything at the show and rig up some scam for selling back to you! I'm sure he is buying everything branded Tucano Urbano on ebay and will soon start his own shop!
Aw, c'mon ref, that's a foul!
No I wouldn't do that, and not true anyway, I've passed on several TU items recently I'll have you know Razz emoticon
waspman wrote:
He knows I'm only ribbing him, but if he snipes me on another jacket with 2 seconds to go I won't be held responsible for my actions!!
Who dares, wins! It's a good job I can take a ribbing mind! Laughing emoticon There are a few listed at the moment though - one might have your name on it, not mine
waspman wrote:
I think his heart is the right place though he tipped me off on a jacket that I did manage to buy (it wasn't his size) Laughing emoticon
True enough, honest guv. My latest tip-off saved my riding pal nearly 50% off an Armadillo riding jacket. I'm that kinda guy...
OP
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
Well you gotta have lots of riding mittens. Maybe his poor donnies get cold!
@waspman avatar
UTC

Addicted
2005 GTS 250ie

Addicted
@waspman avatar
2005 GTS 250ie
UTC quote
Donnies fine! Thanks Marky Need to be careful not to get too colloquial!

Well taken BB7 and in the perfect spirit! Laughing emoticon
OP
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
waspman wrote:

He's a good lad. although his donnies get cold. Hoping to see him up Cov? Will let u know tomorrow for def!
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC quote
markysparx wrote:
waspman wrote:

He's a good lad. although his donnies get cold. Hoping to see him up Cov? Will let u know tomorrow for def!
PM sent
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0305s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0143s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]