@raputtak avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 GTS 300 Super - red, of course.

Ossessionato
@raputtak avatar
2016 GTS 300 Super - red, of course.
UTC quote
Last night we drove two hours (each way for dinner and a show. The Moscow Festival Ballet presented "Swan Lake" at the Ferguson Center in Newport News, VA.

What a grand show! A plethora of feminine pulchritude (pretty maids all in a row) and not an underarm hair to be seen.

Put me in mind of the old BBC skit when the Royal Ballet did a scene from that ballet with all of the dancers wearing Wellington boots. Anyone recall it? I could not find it online, it was probably on Super 8.

One thing, though. The girls were always on their toes. I though, "Why don't they just hire taller dancers"?
@minpinity avatar
UTC

Hooked
2010 300 Super (Rango)

Hooked
@minpinity avatar
2010 300 Super (Rango)
UTC quote
I recall a production of "Swine Lake"...everyone dressed in wellies and overalls...
@sir_paul avatar
UTC

The Duck
1967 Sears 125.....Primavera

The Duck
@sir_paul avatar
1967 Sears 125.....Primavera
UTC quote
Taller
If they hire taller girls then short-assed guys like Baryshnikov wouldn't be able to partner them. Hard to find tall men in America to do ballet. Their school coaches and dads all talk them into basketball. However, if you think about it, if your boy is tallish and athletic, put him in ballet, he will be surrounded by girls, AND his chances of being at the top of his field are much improved as there are less guys to compete against compared to football, baseball and basketball. And yes, you can get a scholarship to college as a dancer.(Which is as unbelievable as getting a scholarship based on any physical prowess).
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0104s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0045s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]