OP
@david_masse avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS 300 i.e. ABS sold, 2010 Vespa GTS 300 ie Super (sold) & 2003 Honda Shadow VT750 ACE (sold) & 2006 Vespa LX150 (sold)

Ossessionato
@david_masse avatar
2016 Vespa GTS 300 i.e. ABS sold, 2010 Vespa GTS 300 ie Super (sold) & 2003 Honda Shadow VT750 ACE (sold) & 2006 Vespa LX150 (sold)
UTC quote
I finally completed my 2012 winter project: installing Hot Grips brand heated grips and a Warm & Safe Heat Troller electronic controller.

The project report is on my blog: http://scootcommute.blogspot.com/2012/03/project-report-installing-hot-grips.html

It was tricky to do on many levels.

First off, I couldn't find any reference on the web to anyone else having installed heated grips on a Vespa LX150. The first order of business was to do a fair bit of research to determine if the electrical system could handle the load.

Jimc at one point posted on an MV thread that he thought that the system could handle it "just"". My research allowed me to come to the same conclusion. The results of my research and the detailed conclusion are also on my blog.

The other challenges were deciding which brand of grips to purchase, removing the stock grips, and recovering from a stupid mistake when I managed to destroy the control unit.

In the end, the project was a huge success. I now have heated grips all set for when my 2012 Vespa commuting season begins in a few weeks.

My final thoughts on this project are to once more express my thanks to Jim Hollander at Hot Grips, Pat Denayer at Lockitt Group Inc., and Mike Ebers and Deata McCubbin at Warm & Safe Heated Gear for unbelievably stellar customer service, and great products.

Thanks for all your help.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
great job. you should put this in the wiki. Excellent choice of grips also. Hot Grips are top of the line. You'll also like them on wet days.
OP
@david_masse avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@david_masse avatar
UTC quote
old as dirt wrote:
great job. you should put this in the wiki. Excellent choice of grips also. Hot Grips are top of the line. You'll also like them on wet days.
Thanks. I have no clue how to do that, but I'll gladly give it a shot.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
davidmasse wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
I think there is a post you can read and should explain it. I haven't done it either. but your grip install with all your pics and details is top notch.
OP
@david_masse avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@david_masse avatar
UTC quote
old as dirt wrote:
davidmasse wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
I think there is a post you can read and should explain it. I haven't done it either. but your grip install with all your pics and details is top notch.
Thanks again. I read the explanation, and I now what I need to do. It's going to take a while to transpose the html on my blog into BBcode and downsize and upload all the photos, unless I link to them... I'll figure it out
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0133s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0042s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]