OP
UTC

Hooked
2005 GT 200

Hooked
2005 GT 200
UTC quote
OK about twice a year my optimistic, happy self crashes and burns. This past weekend was one of those times. I usually hide from all humans until this passes. No need to unleash my darkness on others. This time I did feel the need to get out and chose to do so on my Burgman. I rode for three hours or so through the desert where I barley even saw other riders or drivers. Even found some twisty roads. I'm sure this helped my dark cloud move on!
Maybe I don't ride enough! HA! Happier days ahead.

AZCRAIG
UTC

Addicted
'09 Yamaha Zuma(sold), '06 Kymco People 250(sold), '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500ie, '09 Buddy Italia, '06 Buddy

Addicted
'09 Yamaha Zuma(sold), '06 Kymco People 250(sold), '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500ie, '09 Buddy Italia, '06 Buddy
UTC quote
I believe there was a long thread on ModernBuddy very similar.

Every now and again, you just need to do something that you really wanna. Clears me right up!
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300ie

Hooked
GTS 300ie
UTC quote
I agree.. always riding with a smile on my face,

.......... X
@tb avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa 2005 GT200 & Honda Metro

Ossessionato
@tb avatar
Vespa 2005 GT200 & Honda Metro
UTC quote
So interesting on your post...I just finished sending a reply to someone on helping her friend thru a tough time.

I myself have occasions to face the same and need to find something to reduce the bouts of the "blues" / depression...recently quit smoking (7 months ago) and retired in December and there is an issues regarding both that can lead to bouts of depression and having to deal with it...that's another subject matter.

IMHO it is most important to acknowledge and then take approporiate steps to remedy...exercise....an activity (like your ride)...even talking to someone.

What you did (enjoyable activity) was one of the recommendations that can help.

Thanks for sharing and now I need to go out for a ride...weather has been terrible this past week! Flash floods, landslides, water spouts / tornado and even hail (yes...hail on the windward side). We are drying out as I type...
@sleeper avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 125 I.E.

Addicted
@sleeper avatar
GTS 125 I.E.
UTC quote
If you loved that ride you really have to try with your favorite music on a smooth twisty backroad with a not to fast pase, i know i do, it really calmes me down.
@skymizer avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Scoot Sold

Ossessionato
@skymizer avatar
Scoot Sold
UTC quote
^^ I know that twistie road and I'm heading down it today with my spanky clean scoot! (no tunes though maybe one day I'll try that
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
I do therapeutic rides a swell but am careful if i'm mad. If you have to think about other things when you ride it's not a good idea to ride. When you ride he mind needs to be on riding IMHO. I rode once when i was really mad at something and almost got hit. Now i clear my mind before i get on the scooter. AZ hope your alright now.
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
UTC quote
I plug in the noise isolating earbuds put on a good audio book or tunes and concentrate on getting out of traffic. Things have been very stressful arround here lately because of some litigation with an asshole neighbor (family land in Oklahoma which adds to the difficulty) so I am so looking forward to my ride to DC starting next Sat I just wish I felt I could leave the computer at home

Back on topic by the time I've cleared city traffic I'm in a much better mood.concentrating on staying safe riding forces frustration and black moods away.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
CD isn't it legal to shoot them in OK?
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
UTC quote
judy wrote:
CD isn't it legal to shoot them in OK?
Sadly, no though assault charges have been filed against the neigbor for threatening to flip a bulldozer over on my brother but that's a long story best not cluttering up the far more pleasurable topic of this forum. If you are really itnerested we can talk off group.
@rangeraj avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2011 300GTV

Molto Verboso
@rangeraj avatar
2011 300GTV
UTC quote
I am taking one those therapeutic rides tomorrow.
Have not had a good long ride for a while, and just feel the need to unwind.
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
My optimism crashes and burns often. To me riding is amazing. I read on here some time ago that therapists acutally advise patients to ride scooters to fight the blues. I believe in it wholeheartedly. I seem to notice things more when I am on my scooter. Of course I try to focus of positive things: a full moon rising, the sun setting, a nice set of storm clouds forming, a flock of birds taking flight, a jet plane landing. I sometimes look at the road ahead too.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0145s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0065s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]