@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
Thanks I've not seen that version up close and personal. Seeing there were no instructions, could it have been the wrong screen? I've thought I'd like that mid screen with hand protection rather than a cut down full.
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed    ⬇️
@mikeyl avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2010 Vespa Volcanic Black GTS 300 Super "Marta"

Molto Verboso
@mikeyl avatar
2010 Vespa Volcanic Black GTS 300 Super "Marta"
UTC quote
Faco vs. OEM
I have not added many mods to my 300 super, but so far I have an OEM Flyscreen, no problem with the installation or quality.

I just put on the Faco rear rack. No instructions were included. Installation was easy, but I did follow other's suggestions regarding tapping the threads on the grab rail, they were very rusty inside. I also tightened the screws gradually until they all were seated tightly. Everything went smoothly except the chrome-plastic plugs on the grab bar broke when I tried to remove them. I used a screw inserted into the broken plugs and pulled them out with vice grips. The only issue I had with the Faco Reqr Rack was that they included "extra" parts. In the package were four screws instead of the two needed, and there were two spacers that I had no idea where they were meant to go. The quality seems fine for half the price of the OEM rack.

I understand people have had nightmares trying to install the OEM rear rack, so the way I look at it, if it wasn't for Faco and other aftermarket companies making accessories for Vespa's, Piaggio would charge a lot more than the inflated prices they charge now.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
UTC quote
vision-master wrote:
The windshield tapers on the bottom (around headlight) and when adjusting the shield to it's max height, rubbing accured.
In other words, you wanted to move the screen up a bit higher than it was designed to be mounted. To do this you had to reshape the cutout for the headlight. A reasonable modification for your purposes but not really a problem with the Faco screen if I understand correctly.

I've owned two Faco windscreens. Both have been entirely satisfactory. I'm certainly willing to use Vespa branded accessories but they are typically more expensive - and, in the US, usually difficult to obtain.
@quadro avatar
UTC

Banned
Vespa GTS300 Super

Banned
@quadro avatar
Vespa GTS300 Super
UTC quote
Very annoyed with faco
My faco tween double screen was great, however the screw knobs that adjust the screen height always work loose.

One side fell out altogether so now I have an expensive single screen!!!!

I've emailed faco and retailer but no reply as yet!

So for now I believe faco are pants.
@vespasfw3 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 2004 Vespa ET4, 2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan, 2001 Kawasaki W650, 2023 Honda Trail 125.

Ossessionato
@vespasfw3 avatar
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 2004 Vespa ET4, 2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan, 2001 Kawasaki W650, 2023 Honda Trail 125.
UTC quote
Sometimes I should read these threads about Vespa accessories. After over 30K miles through all kinds of weather without a windscreen I found myself looking at Sergei's pictures and before I know it I have my credit card out and am ordering the Vespa mod flyscreen from Scooterwest.com along with some other stuff.

Maybe it's just that I'm getting old and the winter (what we had of it) was hard on my bones this year. Regardless -- I expect to be sporting a windscreen soon and probably a front rack not long after that.

And I bought one of those Vespa Service signs to put up in my garage. I'm turning into a geek...
OP
@sergeibelski avatar
UTC

Hooked
2010 Vespa GTS 300 Super

Hooked
@sergeibelski avatar
2010 Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Way to go! I think you going to love that screen

Sergei
UTC

Hooked
2012 Vespa GTS 300 Super

Hooked
2012 Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
I bought a Super 300 Chrome Folding Rear Rack FACO from Scooterwest.com. I had to bore out one of the holes on the rack with a drill in order to get it to line up with the holes in the scooter.

I was pissed off at the quality/engineering. It either fucking fits or it doesn't! WTF.

SO, I got it on, and then nothing came with it to hold the rack down. So, I had to buy a clamp from that guy on here, bang click thud or something (always forget). But it didn't fit unless I removed the spring.

Net, I'd go with original Vespa.

P.S. Nothing at all against scooterwest.com (those guys are great)
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
UTC quote
quadro wrote:
My faco tween double screen was great, however the screw knobs that adjust the screen height always work loose.
One side fell out altogether so now I have an expensive single screen!!!!I've emailed faco and retailer but no reply as yet!
Those are just metric bolts with a plastic head. You can buy replacements at a hardware store. If you can't find the right one, just use a regular hex head metric bolt in the meantime. (for whatever it is worth, I've been using a twin screen since last summer and the adjustment screws on mine don't work loose - I do snug them pretty tight to prevent that, but no problem so far)
@quadro avatar
UTC

Banned
Vespa GTS300 Super

Banned
@quadro avatar
Vespa GTS300 Super
UTC quote
Dooglas wrote:
quadro wrote:
One side fell out altogether so now I have an expensive single screen!!!!I've emailed faco and retailer but no reply as yet!
Those are just metric bolts with a plastic head. You can buy replacements at a hardware store. If you can't find the right one, just use a regular hex head metric bolt in the meantime. (for whatever it is worth, I've been using a twin screen since last summer and the adjustment screws on mine don't work loose - I do snug them pretty tight to prevent that, but no problem so far)
Sorry to sound thick but which size would I ask for at a hardware store?

Thanks.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
UTC quote
quadro wrote:
The same size as the other one you still have . (i.e. take it with you)
@quadro avatar
UTC

Banned
Vespa GTS300 Super

Banned
@quadro avatar
Vespa GTS300 Super
UTC quote
Dooglas wrote:
quadro wrote:
The same size as the other one you still have . (i.e. take it with you)
You the man!
@quadro avatar
UTC

Banned
Vespa GTS300 Super

Banned
@quadro avatar
Vespa GTS300 Super
UTC quote
I fixed it!

The adjustable screw in feet from a washing machine make a perfect replacement for the faco knobs.

I had a couple knocking about too, so I'm double windscreen'd up again.

Wahey
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0352s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0245s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]