OP
@chilla5 avatar
UTC

2009 GTS 250 Super

@chilla5 avatar
2009 GTS 250 Super
UTC quote
Out riding last night and the group I was with turned around on a steep incline and I slowed down too much went to put my foot down on the low side and the bike was too much couldn't hold it and we went down Crying or Very sad emoticon I was ok and quickly just up the upright the bike so it wouldn't get messed up from laying on its side running. Thankfully I was with others so they helped me get it up the whole way and on the stand. Only about a month old though and only 250 miles waiting on the insurance adjuster to call so I know the next steps to getting my baby fixed! For now plenty of nast battle scars.
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
The first drop is always the worst. Hopefully it will be your last. But if it does happen again and it is on its side running hit that kill switch as soon as you can. Even though I don't use it regularly, like some do, hitting that kill switch was my first thought on my recent off though I am not sure if I did or the biker that helped me did.
@mike_bike_kite avatar
UTC

Banned
GTS250 - GT200 - XJR1300

Banned
@mike_bike_kite avatar
GTS250 - GT200 - XJR1300
UTC quote
I'm sorry to hear about your accident but I'm glad you're ok. The wisdom in my day was to start off riding on a cheap battered up bike and then, when we inevitably damaged it, it hardly mattered. Actually, thinking about it, I still ride a battered up bike
OP
@chilla5 avatar
UTC

2009 GTS 250 Super

@chilla5 avatar
2009 GTS 250 Super
UTC quote
This wasn't my first scooter...actaully my 2nd been riding for almost a year now and this was my first drop. Got such a killer deal on the 09 leftover 250 super I couldn't pass it up just thankful for insurance!
@tb avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa 2005 GT200 & Honda Metro

Ossessionato
@tb avatar
Vespa 2005 GT200 & Honda Metro
UTC quote
Glad you were not hurt! Per previous post, the initial ding is the worst...as time goes by and you pick up a little ding her and there...it's not that bad...just battle scars!
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
Thankfully you weren't hurt. You could slap a sticker on it. Be careful out there because the roads seem worse than usual this year.
OP
@chilla5 avatar
UTC

2009 GTS 250 Super

@chilla5 avatar
2009 GTS 250 Super
UTC quote
I am getting it fixed, the left side had big scratches in the paint and its dented. also the topcase is all scratched up, Sadly it wasnt a little scratch it took. I have full coverage so I am going to let Rider do there thing!
@gianni avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS Vintage Red

Molto Verboso
@gianni avatar
GTS Vintage Red
UTC quote
Glad you are not hurt and good you got your drop out of the way. It happens to almost everyone.

Quick suggestion. If you are inseam challenged you might want to look into getting your GTS seat cut down. I did it with mine after my drop and an inch lower on a GTS seat can make a huge difference when you are in a non-moving situation. Pirate Upholstery does a great job - My lowered seat is the one with the Mug of Beer and Hops:

http://www.pirateupholstery.com/Seat%20Photos%20.htm

Also - Get back on and ride ASAP. My confidence went down and it took some time to ride again. Everyone on MV got me back in the saddle which is what you need to do...

Cheers,

Gianni
UTC

super '09

super '09
UTC quote
stickyfrog wrote:
The first drop is always the worst.
lol so true. bad about buying anything new!
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
UTC quote
judy wrote:
Thankfully you weren't hurt. You could slap a sticker on it. Be careful out there because the roads seem worse than usual this year.
Given the massive amounts of rain being reported for Hawaii last weekend I can see why you'd think the roads were worse. I thought about you when I hear the "40 inches" in Hawaii.
@big_foot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Scooterless at the moment

Ossessionato
@big_foot avatar
Scooterless at the moment
UTC quote
Sorry to hear about your spill, Glad to hear you are alright.

If I were you, I'd invest in some cowl protectors (Crash bars)
I have the OEM Vespa rear cowl protectors on my Vespa GTS and they've
saved me from getting a lot of repairs done to my scooter from tip overs and one small wipeout.

They did such a good job that I only suffered a minor crack in the leg shield trim.

Saved me tons of money in damages and only cost me $300. or less installed.
OP
@chilla5 avatar
UTC

2009 GTS 250 Super

@chilla5 avatar
2009 GTS 250 Super
UTC quote
I am waiting on the estimate now, Rider said the appraiser would be out to the shop tomorrow. Just hoping that it wont take too long however they did say at the shop that becasue the frame is scratched it has to be stripped to nothing and sent to a body shop so I am pretty sad that I will be missing this awesome riding weather we are having.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0149s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0058s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]