OP
@quadro avatar
UTC

Banned
Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 512
Location: Sheffield, UK
 
Banned
@quadro avatar
Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 512
Location: Sheffield, UK
UTC quote
Where can you buy replacement chrome plastic gromets that go in the screw holes in the rack & grab handle??

I pretty much destroyed them getting them out???
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed    ⬇️
OP
@quadro avatar
UTC

Banned
Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 512
Location: Sheffield, UK
 
Banned
@quadro avatar
Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 512
Location: Sheffield, UK
UTC quote
Cheers for replies LOL.

Has anyone got a link for them? I've tried to search for them but don't know what they are called.

Please help, I don't like holes
@crazycarl avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3386
Location: Springboro, OH
 
Ossessionato
@crazycarl avatar
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3386
Location: Springboro, OH
UTC quote
can you post a pic? That might help some folks identify the parts you need.
@gogogordy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Reprehensible Misinformant
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7575
Location: Winchester, California
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@gogogordy avatar
Reprehensible Misinformant
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7575
Location: Winchester, California
UTC quote
Dealer
Have you tried the Vespa dealer?
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6064
Location: Northants UK
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6064
Location: Northants UK
UTC quote
I didn't have any in my GTS rack when I got the scoot, so had a rummage in my bits boxes and found some chrome screw head bolts that matched the thread, cut a pair down and these filled up the two holes I had

I'm sure you could find the real thing though. Ebay?

Something like this maybe?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLASTIC-DOME-SCREW-COVER-CAP-CHROME-PACK-of-50-/190336472761?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c50f016b9

Or you could get some push on chrome mirror screw heads from any DIY store and glue them in, then just break them out if you ever needed to use the holes again.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-4-MIRROR-Screws-Safety-WASHERS-CHROME-Dome-SCREW-IN-COVERS-5-SCREW-Sizes-/140731925324?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&var=&hash=item20c446c34c

@klaborde avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4308
Location: Marietta, GA
 
Ossessionato
@klaborde avatar
2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4308
Location: Marietta, GA
UTC quote
brown_beret7 wrote:
I didn't have any in my GTS rack when I got the scoot, so had a rummage in my bits boxes and found some chrome screw head bolts that matched the thread, cut a pair down and these filled up the two holes I had

I'm sure you could find the real thing though. Ebay?

Something like this maybe?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLASTIC-DOME-SCREW-COVER-CAP-CHROME-PACK-of-50-/190336472761?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c50f016b9

Or you could get some push on chrome mirror screw heads from any DIY store and glue them in, then just break them out if you ever needed to use the holes again.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-4-MIRROR-Screws-Safety-WASHERS-CHROME-Dome-SCREW-IN-COVERS-5-SCREW-Sizes-/140731925324?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&var=&hash=item20c446c34c

Nope... that is not it...
I have a few in a bag when I added my Top Case to my GTS.
You have to remove two so the Screws can go into the existing Grab Rail.
I bet there is a Piaggio Part number somewhere?
OP
@quadro avatar
UTC

Banned
Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 512
Location: Sheffield, UK
 
Banned
@quadro avatar
Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 512
Location: Sheffield, UK
UTC quote
These grommets that I want that go in the grab rail

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
Joined: UTC
Posts: 29304
 
World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
Joined: UTC
Posts: 29304
UTC quote
I'd get them covered soon because the water will get in a rust them out. Have you tried SIP or ScootersWest? Here's some stuff from another thread which looks cool. Comes in different colors and when it hardens it will look cool. Called Sugru. Comes in different size packets as well. It's the orange stuff on the corners. Also reminds me of silly putty. Good luck.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@primordialdancer avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Temporarily Scooterless... :(
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2116
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Ossessionato
@primordialdancer avatar
Temporarily Scooterless... :(
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2116
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
Try hitting up a major auto-parts supplier in your town - they may well have something that would fit... (possibly a hardware store could too...)

Good luck!

Desi B.
@techenigma avatar
UTC

Addicted
2007 Vespa GT200 - 2010 Vespa GTS 300 Super - 2013 Piaggio BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 863
Location: Ventura County, CA
 
Addicted
@techenigma avatar
2007 Vespa GT200 - 2010 Vespa GTS 300 Super - 2013 Piaggio BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 863
Location: Ventura County, CA
UTC quote
You could just use some nylon hole plugs. Your local hardware store would have them. Just find some appropriate sized ones, same thing I use to plug those holes in the fairings where the reflectors normally go (though you don't have those across the pond)
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6064
Location: Northants UK
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6064
Location: Northants UK
UTC quote
klaborde wrote:
brown_beret7 wrote:
I didn't have any in my GTS rack when I got the scoot, so had a rummage in my bits boxes and found some chrome screw head bolts that matched the thread, cut a pair down and these filled up the two holes I had

I'm sure you could find the real thing though. Ebay?

Something like this maybe?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLASTIC-DOME-SCREW-COVER-CAP-CHROME-PACK-of-50-/190336472761?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c50f016b9

Or you could get some push on chrome mirror screw heads from any DIY store and glue them in, then just break them out if you ever needed to use the holes again.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-4-MIRROR-Screws-Safety-WASHERS-CHROME-Dome-SCREW-IN-COVERS-5-SCREW-Sizes-/140731925324?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&var=&hash=item20c446c34c

Nope... that is not it...
I have a few in a bag when I added my Top Case to my GTS.
You have to remove two so the Screws can go into the existing Grab Rail.
I bet there is a Piaggio Part number somewhere?
I think you need the 'Saddle handle plug' shown in this schematic...
http://www.vespaspares.co.uk/spares/epc2.asp?ModelID=11805&pageID=02.44&m=GTS300+IE+SUPER+SPORT+Rear+Luggage+Rack&uid=0

£1.98 each and then about 3 times that for delivery

I think the holes in Quadros pic are the same size as those on the rack that I filled with screws, so that worked for me at no cost
OP
@quadro avatar
UTC

Banned
Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 512
Location: Sheffield, UK
 
Banned
@quadro avatar
Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 512
Location: Sheffield, UK
UTC quote
Brown beret you are brilliant thanks.
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6064
Location: Northants UK
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6064
Location: Northants UK
UTC quote
quadro wrote:
Brown beret you are brilliant thanks.
Glad to help

Now I've tracked down the proper ones for you I might get a few myself!
OP
@quadro avatar
UTC

Banned
Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 512
Location: Sheffield, UK
 
Banned
@quadro avatar
Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 512
Location: Sheffield, UK
UTC quote
I ordered 4 so I have 2 spare.

Got bum'd on postage though, hey Ho


Daleys said they couldn't order them as a part so I hope this website comes through.
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6064
Location: Northants UK
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 6064
Location: Northants UK
UTC quote
quadro wrote:
I ordered 4 so I have 2 spare.

Got bum'd on postage though, hey Ho
Yes, I mentioned the P&P sting. My GTS is missing the tiny stick on badge on the mudguard crest (about 80p) but I begrudge paying 4-5 times the part cost in delivery - they could stick it in an envelope! So I'm waiting to need a small batch of stuff before ordering to justify the delivery cost.

VespaSpares (AJ Sutton) have been pretty good whenever I use them though - they must shift some quantity - so you should be OK getting them, even it you've paid hansomely for the privilege
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0176s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0075s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]