OP
UTC

LX-150

LX-150
UTC quote
Rookie needs help eliminating the obvious. Bike starts instantly but only runs for 1-2 seconds. Won't restart unless I let it sit for an hour or so. Been sitting for 2 years, only 150 miles on it since new. Drained float bowl, added new gas and changed plug. I'm confused by the fuel delivery system. Where can I start? It's sunny and 60 here on Cape Cod and my baby won't run! Crying or Very sad emoticon
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
It'll probably be clogged jets. Time to take the carb out for a thorough cleaning.
OP
UTC

LX-150

LX-150
UTC quote
Where can I find a picture of the jets location?
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
OP
UTC

LX-150

LX-150
UTC quote
Thank you very much!!
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
RED you might want to change out the battery or at least get it checked. My LX battery didn't last very long. I have the same year and model as you and back then i had 2 other scooters and i travel a lot so the scooter sat for long periods. Better to check it out now than get stuck some place.Good luck on the carb cleaning. My dirty carb has been a PIA for a while. What color is yours? Red? Have fun riding it and lucky you on your good weather 8)
OP
UTC

LX-150

LX-150
UTC quote
Thanks for the tip! I tell everyone it's Ferrari red but the factory sticker says rosso dragon.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
Very nice color BTW. I also love the Cape. I grew up on the border of MA in NY. Where the pike meets the NYS thruway.
OP
UTC

LX-150

LX-150
UTC quote
cleaned out all the jets. still won't run more than 2 seconds. sounds like its still fuel starved!
@fabio_dougie avatar
UTC

Scooter Pimp

Scooter Pimp
@fabio_dougie avatar
UTC quote
red dragon wrote:
cleaned out all the jets. still won't run more than 2 seconds. sounds like its still fuel starved!

Hi RD

It sounds to me like the idle jet is blocked..... if you rev the engine so that its at say 3000 rpm does it keep going longer??? if so then its the idle jet that's blocked...if not then its possibly the auto-choke sticking on maybe

Fabio

OP
UTC

LX-150

LX-150
UTC quote
Thanks for the info Fabio, but I can't get it to rev at all. The motor dies too quickly. I took both jets out and they were somewhat clogged even though I could see light thru them. I have never seen so many hoses and vacumn lines on such a small engine!!! Where do they all go? I saw a simple test on this forum somewhere to check the fuel tap. I have no clue about a charcoal filter.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.1020s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0937s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]