@teamtexas avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
LX 150

Enthusiast
@teamtexas avatar
LX 150
UTC quote
One of the things the scooter needed was a better set of foot supports for passenger comfort. I removed the floor and took a look at what was there to work with.
I built the support from some bar stock.  I matched the angle of the original passenger foot step.
I built the support from some bar stock. I matched the angle of the original passenger foot step.
Here is the one on the left side.  I drilled and tapped 1/4-20 holes for use with the new floorboards.
Here is the one on the left side. I drilled and tapped 1/4-20 holes for use with the new floorboards.
I made a foam mock up of the new floorboads.  I used a lost foam process to cast them out of aluminum.
I made a foam mock up of the new floorboads. I used a lost foam process to cast them out of aluminum.
Since my casting doesn't always work like I would like it too.  I made an extra set of forms.  The foam is dipped in a thin drywall mud and allowed to dry.  The mud acts as a shell and the foam is melted by  the molten aluminum when casted.
Since my casting doesn't always work like I would like it too. I made an extra set of forms. The foam is dipped in a thin drywall mud and allowed to dry. The mud acts as a shell and the foam is melted by the molten aluminum when casted.
Here is the pair of footboards I will be using.  I casted 3 before I got 2 that turned out ok.  My original plan was to shine the aluminum up and make it like chrome but the castings had a few to many pin holes for that.  So I decided they would look bett
Here is the pair of footboards I will be using. I casted 3 before I got 2 that turned out ok. My original plan was to shine the aluminum up and make it like chrome but the castings had a few to many pin holes for that. So I decided they would look bett
Right side installed.  I used the orginal back screw from the plastic foot rest.
Right side installed. I used the orginal back screw from the plastic foot rest.
Here is a view from the side.
Here is a view from the side.
@camper avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
lx150

Molto Verboso
@camper avatar
lx150
UTC quote
Looks good will they carry any weight? Or is it best for a passenger to rest their feet on them?
OP
@teamtexas avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
LX 150

Enthusiast
@teamtexas avatar
LX 150
UTC quote
I'm 190 and I can stand on one side to mount the bike. Only thing I found as we took it out for a test drive is that they are close to my legs when I put my feet down while driving.

Dan
@witch avatar
UTC

Moderatrice Strega

Moderatrice Strega
@witch avatar
UTC quote
That's pretty awesome! Very custom, but looks like it could be an OEM accessory. Almost like wings. I bet they'd take the brunt of a tip-over like crash bars would, too.
OP
@teamtexas avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
LX 150

Enthusiast
@teamtexas avatar
LX 150
UTC quote
Quote:
I bet they'd take the brunt of a tip-over like crash bars would, too.
Thanks, but lets hope I never find out!! Wha? emoticon

Dan
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
Great job !
@gogogordy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Reprehensible Misinformant

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@gogogordy avatar
Reprehensible Misinformant
UTC quote
Wow
thats impressive and really well done.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
Wow very nice. Do you have a pic of the whole scooter to see what it looks like? Very nice indeed. 8)
@cagedodger avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
NC700XD

Molto Verboso
@cagedodger avatar
NC700XD
UTC quote
You gave it wings!! That's great!

Those are seriously slick. Do they fold in? I don't recall if the LX150 has the fold out passenger pegs.
OP
@teamtexas avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
LX 150

Enthusiast
@teamtexas avatar
LX 150
UTC quote
Thanks everyone. No the footboards don't fold in. If I had it to do over they would!
Best pick I have of the whole scooter.
Best pick I have of the whole scooter.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0193s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0130s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]