OP
UTC

Lurker
GTS 250

Lurker
GTS 250
UTC quote
Hi,
I have a 2009 GTS 250. I have been hanging around the site for years but have had the bike for about one year after having a Yamaha Vino 125 and a TMax. I really love the Vespa and it has much more style than the Yamahas. I have a little problem. I had a little trouble last week getting the key into the ignition last week. It started fine, but when I tried to start it the next time I barely had to stick the key into the ignition and the glove box opened. Now I don't even have to stick the key into the ignintion and the glove box and the underseat storage open by just pressing the ignition switch and storage button. I did not force the key, so I do not know what I did. Anyone had this problem before and is it an easy fix. I do not live close to the vespa shop where I bought scoot and it is a hassle getting it there.
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC

saggezza di scala
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie

saggezza di scala
@treppenwitz avatar
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie
UTC quote
Re: Glove box and underseat storage open without the key
Iowa Rider wrote:
Hi,
I have a 2009 GTS 250. I have been hanging around the site for years but have had the bike for about one year after having a Yamaha Vino 125 and a TMax. I really love the Vespa and it has much more style than the Yamahas. I have a little problem. I had a little trouble last week getting the key into the ignition last week. It started fine, but when I tried to start it the next time I barely had to stick the key into the ignition and the glove box opened. Now I don't even have to stick the key into the ignintion and the glove box and the underseat storage open by just pressing the ignition switch and storage button. I did not force the key, so I do not know what I did. Anyone had this problem before and is it an easy fix. I do not live close to the vespa shop where I bought scoot and it is a hassle getting it there.
The underseat storage will open with a push of the button if the handlebars are not locked all the way to the left. So if you turn off the key to the center position and don't lock your handlebars to the left, you (or anyone else) can open the underseat storage. I haven't checked for awhile, but I think the same goes for pushing in on the key cylinder to open the glove box.
@witch avatar
UTC

Moderatrice Strega

Moderatrice Strega
@witch avatar
UTC quote
No worries. Like Trepp says, that's how they're supposed to work. When you lock the handlebars, you won't be able to open either.
OP
UTC

Lurker
GTS 250

Lurker
GTS 250
UTC quote
I must have had something weird about my scooter, because the key used to have to be in the ignition for either the glovebox and underseat storage to open. I will check after work today to see if the handlebar locking does the trick. Thank you very much for the info.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0109s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0055s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]