OP
@vespington avatar
UTC

got my new vespa!!!!!

@vespington avatar
got my new vespa!!!!!
UTC quote
had a cover on my vespa and the wind took it down. it has some deep scratches in it and the floorboard looks like it cracked a bit. it is still under warranty for a year but i wonder should i turn it into insurance or just keep it as is. its new and i do not want the rust to get to it; but i also do not want to pay a bunch for something that might be minimal repair with a giant bill...what to do..
@victor1 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2011 LX150ie two tone expresso

Molto Verboso
@victor1 avatar
2011 LX150ie two tone expresso
UTC quote
If the insurance covers it, I'd get it fixed, especially if its new. Too nice of a scooter to have to look at the damage every day. Comp. should cover it completely.
@mike_bike_kite avatar
UTC

Banned
GTS250 - GT200 - XJR1300

Banned
@mike_bike_kite avatar
GTS250 - GT200 - XJR1300
UTC quote
As you've discovered, the cover acts like a big sail on windy days. If you can it's better to point the scoot into the wind on windy days and often it's better not to use a cover at all.
OP
@vespington avatar
UTC

got my new vespa!!!!!

@vespington avatar
got my new vespa!!!!!
UTC quote
thanks yea i have since then just taken the cover off rain or shine its better than scratches and dents at this point.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
So sorry. I find that if you use a lock alarm cable thru the grommets and secure it to something you can cover it and not have it act like a sail. Here's what i'm talking about. Good luck
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0122s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0054s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]