@scootermod avatar
UTC

Hooked
2005 Vespa ET4-125 (Pearl White)

Hooked
@scootermod avatar
2005 Vespa ET4-125 (Pearl White)
UTC quote
As the title say, today I successfully completed my first oil change.

My scoot has had the oil changed numerous times but today was the first time with me doing it on my own. Recent changes to my employment status have meant that instead of taking into the workshop to be done, i've had to bite the bullet and do it myself.

Everything went really well. I just had to pop and see dad to borrow a large socket to remove the oil drain plug and a tool to get the oil filter out. Other than that it went ok. Got a bit messy but that's all part of the fun.

AFAIK the oil filter had never been changed before. I replaced it with a Malossi Red Chilli one as it was slighter cheaper than a Genuine Vespa part.

Total cost was just under £20 for Putoline Engine Oil, Putoline Gear Oil and Malossi filter. My local shop charges £70 for an oil change and they don't change the filter either.

Happy man
@gogogordy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Reprehensible Misinformant

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@gogogordy avatar
Reprehensible Misinformant
UTC quote
uhhh....
they don't change the filter? A professional shop?
@harvey avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 Honda NC750XD, 2007 GTS (sold),

Ossessionato
@harvey avatar
2016 Honda NC750XD, 2007 GTS (sold),
UTC quote
Well, you did about 1000 times better than your shop does.........

(They should be shot for not changing the filter; That's like taking a bath with your clothes on)
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0258s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0035s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]