OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa ET4

Lurker
Vespa ET4
UTC quote
Hi Guys,

First of all, im new to the forum, and to riding scooters in general, so take it easy on me!

Ive recently jumped in and received my L plates, and decided to buy and old Vespa ET4 from a friend of mine. The Vespa is at the mechanics as i speak having a service and getting some of the electrics fixed after i found out that there was a whole heap of work to be done on the girl.

There is a ding on the right side of the Vespa and Ive also found a bit of rust around some of the joints and am looking for some advice. I would love to take this on as a project and to try and fix the rust, and fix the bodywork and give her a respray but from what im hearing, this can become a fairly expensive exercise.

Ive attached pictures of the rusting spots and the ding. What do people think? Is this going to cost me a fortune? I only just got her but I love her and dont want to confine her to the scrap heap just yet, but really dont want to be spending heaps of cash in the process.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@maxx28 avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 Super

Addicted
@maxx28 avatar
GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
It can get expensive if you have a professional shop doing the work, but if you have a garage, tools and few basics skills such as how to take it all apart, sanding, etc. you can easily do it by yourself.
OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa ET4

Lurker
Vespa ET4
UTC quote
hmm not so sure about how to take it apart, is this tough?
@vespergeezer avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS300, Cosa LX200

Addicted
@vespergeezer avatar
GTS300, Cosa LX200
UTC quote
brownsugar wrote:
hmm not so sure about how to take it apart, is this tough?
Take lots of photos! (And buy the Haynes manual)

Geeza
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
Aloha and welcome to the forum from Hawaii. Check out the Wiki section for tips as well. There are a few members on here who are well versed in the ET'S and i'm sure they'd help you. FABIO did the same thing as you want to do. Anyway, good luck and pics when it's done.
OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa ET4

Lurker
Vespa ET4
UTC quote
judy wrote:
Aloha and welcome to the forum from Hawaii. Check out the Wiki section for tips as well. There are a few members on here who are well versed in the ET'S and i'm sure they'd help you. FABIO did the same thing as you want to do. Anyway, good luck and pics when it's done.
Thanks for the tip. Loving this forum, its a great tool and has given me heaps of hints!
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
depends how much you are buying it for. I think in bodywork a paint shop might charge you close to $800 to spray it assuming you disassemble it.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0164s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0042s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]