@richardsan avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
looking again

Ossessionato
@richardsan avatar
looking again
UTC quote
i rode in some of it yesterday, there is a lot of sand and anyone riding along it should find an alternative route...almost lost traction the sand on the highway is so bad. and where i live, the city/county aren't too quick about keeping the roads safe.
ride safe!

and this is my 1,000 post...~~~big whoop~~~~ Razz emoticon
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
Be careful and your still at 999 Laughing emoticon Come on one more and then a big CONGRATS. Clown emoticon Clown emoticon
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
And an MV toaster!
OP
@richardsan avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
looking again

Ossessionato
@richardsan avatar
looking again
UTC quote
one thousand
i just had another look see today...it was so bad, i jumped a curb, got on a sidewalk and rode back to recross the trestle i just rode over. cagers are getting stuck in it. there are whole lanes covered in sand. i tried to wave off a pair of MC riders, heading east. dunno if they completely understood my wailing about the obstacles, over the noise of the wind...it's ferocious! (i'm in shorts, tshirt and flip flops, just doing a bit of riding to make sure everything is boots, after some evap yanking and hose wrestling.
i think i've just been dermabrased!
OP
@richardsan avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
looking again

Ossessionato
@richardsan avatar
looking again
UTC quote
update
saw several staging areas of MDOT crews milling about[ uh guys, it's 10 a.m. do you know where the work is?]
still areas of single lane traffic[barely] east bound and there is also an oil seen on the surface. i'll switch to 4 wheels today and 20 mpg titan cage...
was pretty thundery/lightningy and windy last night...flooded areas as well...
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
Be careful. Were supposed to be getting some bad rain tomorrow and Saturday. Sand on the road is lethal.Almost as bad as black ice.
OP
@richardsan avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
looking again

Ossessionato
@richardsan avatar
looking again
UTC quote
update
well, incredibly, the roads are still pretty bad. i only rode down a,little bit of hwy 90 between 'my' street and then west over the bridge to bay st. louis.
on this end, there is plenty of sand still on the roads, mostly along the curbs, across intersections and at stop/yield cross intersections and the parking bays for beach recreation. very treacherous. this happened last year as well. they left the sand at the intersections for months...if you're in the area, please be very careful.
i have a project tomorrow and i'll check more of the highway to the east, prob. as far as biloxi.
i took a title time off, walked the beach and picked up litter. saw an osprey leaving with something, i guess it found dinner...
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0098s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0022s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]