OP
@koshinki avatar
UTC

LX150ie Dragon Red

@koshinki avatar
LX150ie Dragon Red
UTC quote
hi, I'm new here. this is my first post.
I'm going to buy my first scooter after I sold my car last July. So now come to this LX150IE. like the model very much.
I got some questions here, I heard that the top box size, too big will cause the bike not stable. So what is the Max size for LX150ie? any senior here can share ur experience?
the other question is I heard from the bike shop In my country, the last batch of LX150IE will ship In here around may 2012. I surf internet and some rumors mentioned the new model will be GTS125SS. So for your opinion, is it worth to wait? please feel free to give comment.. thks.
@harvey avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 Honda NC750XD, 2007 GTS (sold),

Ossessionato
@harvey avatar
UTC quote
In Europe both the GTS125 and the LX125 are sold. The GTS125 is the same size and weight as the 300cc scooter, so there's not much reason to buy a GTS125 when you can get a GTS 300. Vespa introduced a prototype small frame scooter the Quarantasei this year EICMA 2011: New Vespa prototype: "Quarantasei" that's is going into production.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

The Quarantasei produces 1.4 hp more than the LX125, but less torque. I would choose the one which looks best to you.
OP
@koshinki avatar
UTC

LX150ie Dragon Red

@koshinki avatar
LX150ie Dragon Red
UTC quote
thanks for the reply. i got my license only for bike under 200cc. so the GTS 300 is not for me. i just worry the power of 125cc is not enuf for me to travel in highway.
how abt GT200? is it a good bike?
⚠️ Last edited by koshinki on UTC; edited 1 time
@harvey avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@harvey avatar
UTC quote
Read this thread: GT 200 "Appreciation Society"...
Good luck!
@smallplastictree avatar
UTC

Hooked
S125ie

Hooked
@smallplastictree avatar
S125ie
UTC quote
The LX150ie will do just fine on the motorway. Speed limit in Sing is 90km/h tops and the LX gets past that easily - just don't expect to overtake uphill! Anyway, it's the old uncles in the taxis you should worry about, not the LX.

FYI: ADH has a bunch of S125ie available right now - and they are not bringing the S150 in because they dont think there's a market for it vs the LX.
Point is, there will be brand new LX150's in May and a whole bunch of S125's sitting around, so you'll probably be offered a good deal to move the stock. Look into it.
OP
@koshinki avatar
UTC

LX150ie Dragon Red

@koshinki avatar
LX150ie Dragon Red
UTC quote
Smallplastictree wrote:
The LX150ie will do just fine on the motorway. Speed limit in Sing is 90km/h tops and the LX gets past that easily - just don't expect to overtake uphill! Anyway, it's the old uncles in the taxis you should worry about, not the LX.

FYI: ADH has a bunch of S125ie available right now - and they are not bringing the S150 in because they dont think there's a market for it vs the LX.
Point is, there will be brand new LX150's in May and a whole bunch of S125's sitting around, so you'll probably be offered a good deal to move the stock. Look into it.
thks for your reply... happy to see somebody from singapore ... thanks for the info in the LX150ie in the highway..
i actually plan to get LX instead of S model bcoz don't like the square headlight. since the new one in may, i'll wait for it... any idea hows the thing look like? any link or website to see the brand new LX?
⚠️ Last edited by koshinki on UTC; edited 1 time
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
Aloha and welcome to the forum. I don't think they have made an changes this year. Should look like the ones already out. When they come in you might be able to get a deal on this years model. Good luck and your going to like the 150.
OP
@koshinki avatar
UTC

LX150ie Dragon Red

@koshinki avatar
LX150ie Dragon Red
UTC quote
judy wrote:
Aloha and welcome to the forum. I don't think they have made an changes this year. Should look like the ones already out. When they come in you might be able to get a deal on this years model. Good luck and your going to like the 150.
thks for the reply. any idea abt the size of top box?
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
UTC quote
Harvey wrote:
In Europe both the GTS125 and the LX125 are sold. The GTS125 is the same size and weight as the 300cc scooter, so there's not much reason to buy a GTS125 when you can get a GTS 300. Vespa introduced a prototype small frame scooter the Quarantasei this year EICMA 2011: New Vespa prototype: "Quarantasei" that's is going into production.
I really do wish people would stop pointing to that picture and implying that it's going to be made. It's not. Something that looks more like the LX will.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
I haven't heard of the top heavy bit. I have a folding rear rack on mine and use a leather roll bag on mine. The top box will be one that's compatible with the LX and you have a weight limit on them so I wouldn't worry about it. Most times I have enough room with just my pet carrier,floorboard space and backpack. What are you going to haul?
@harvey avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@harvey avatar
UTC quote
jess wrote:
Harvey wrote:
I really do wish people would stop pointing to that picture and implying that it's going to be made. It's not. Something that looks more like the LX will.
Blame the cycling press:
http://motorsportsnewswire.wordpress.com/tag/vespa-946/
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

Vespa 946 Production Model Confirmed for North America[[/url]
OP
@koshinki avatar
UTC

LX150ie Dragon Red

@koshinki avatar
LX150ie Dragon Red
UTC quote
judy wrote:
I haven't heard of the top heavy bit. I have a folding rear rack on mine and use a leather roll bag on mine. The top box will be one that's compatible with the LX and you have a weight limit on them so I wouldn't worry about it. Most times I have enough room with just my pet carrier,floorboard space and backpack. What are you going to haul?
maybe bag or a helmet for passenger. i get what u mean. instead of control the box size, we should control what we need to put it in...
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
KOSH no worries on just a helmet. I haul all kinds of stuff on mine. Laughing emoticon The 30lbs of pineapples was fun. You just need to distribute the weight, Here's what i did with the pineapples. Got a lot of strange looks that day. Laughing emoticon
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0244s ][ Queries: 8 (0.0133s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]