OP
@abuello avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@abuello avatar
UTC quote
Hi Guys,
I'm beginning a tear down on a 66 Blue Badge/Sprint 150. I'm at the point of dis-mantling the front end. Any tips, suggestions, short cuts, pit falls etc? I'm going to be taking pics along the way. This is my virgin foray and will wear protection. LOL!
⚠️ Last edited by Abuello on UTC; edited 1 time
@jsharpphoto avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
1974 Vespa Sprint Veloce, 1963 VBB 180 Custom

Molto Verboso
@jsharpphoto avatar
UTC quote
have you already removed your headset?
OP
@abuello avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@abuello avatar
UTC quote
JSharpPhoto wrote:
have you already removed your headset?
Hi,
Not yet. I've removed the speedo, but, thought before I proceed there might be a sequence to dis-assemble to minimize unknowns. All of the cables will be replaced, most likely the wiring too. It depends on the conditions I find.
@akp avatar
UTC

TEAM #68
ET4 & GT160

TEAM #68
@akp avatar
ET4 & GT160
UTC quote
I'm really sorry man but seriously take an extra 2-5 seconds and make an effort and use some spelling that makes sense.
OP
@abuello avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@abuello avatar
UTC quote
AKP wrote:
I'm really sorry man but seriously take an extra 2-5 seconds and make an effort and use some spelling that makes sense.
Huh?
Don't follow. What doesn't make sense? Are you referring to my use of the word "speedo", which is the speedometer? I thought my comments were straight forward.
@vader19 avatar
UTC

Mr. Clean
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special

Mr. Clean
@vader19 avatar
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special
UTC quote
Abuello wrote:
AKP wrote:
Huh?
Don't follow. What doesn't make sense? Are you referring to my use of the word "speedo", which is the speedometer? I thought my comments were straight forward.
I was wondering the same thing Abuello... I understood exactly what you were saying.
@jackson85 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred

Ossessionato
@jackson85 avatar
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred
UTC quote
Abuello wrote:
AKP wrote:
Huh?
Next thing you will be saying tire instead of tyre..... I'm confused
@akp avatar
UTC

TEAM #68
ET4 & GT160

TEAM #68
@akp avatar
ET4 & GT160
UTC quote
Abuello wrote:
AKP wrote:
Huh?
Quote:
Fork assy rmvl
What's hard to understand?

Look at the title of your thread.
OP
@abuello avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@abuello avatar
UTC quote
jackson85 wrote:
Abuello wrote:
AKP wrote:
Huh?
Next thing you will be saying tire instead of tyre..... I'm confused
Yeah, not to mention "boot", "bonnet", "spanner", etc. I get confused enough when reading through my E type's Bentley shop manual.
Have a good day mate!
OP
@abuello avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@abuello avatar
UTC quote
AKP wrote:
Abuello wrote:
AKP wrote:
Huh?
Quote:
Fork assy rmvl
What's hard to understand?

Look at the title of your thread.
Hi Bud,
My intentions were not to "wig" (read as confuse) you out. I should have spelled out "Fork Assembly Removal".
Happy Trails......
@akp avatar
UTC

TEAM #68
ET4 & GT160

TEAM #68
@akp avatar
ET4 & GT160
UTC quote
It's readable mate, but I just have a special hate for people that seem to try and abbreviate everything!
OP
@abuello avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@abuello avatar
UTC quote
back to the question,
OK Folks,
Now that we have that distraction out of the way, hopefully can we forge ahead. I'm looking for any suggestions, short cuts, tips, things to which I should pay particular attention.
Again, I'll be dis-mantling the front end, replacing cables, brake shoes, etc.

Happy Motoring!
@jsharpphoto avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@jsharpphoto avatar
UTC quote
Re: back to the question,
Abuello wrote:
OK Folks,
Now that we have that distraction out of the way, hopefully can we forge ahead. I'm looking for any suggestions, short cuts, tips, things to which I should pay particular attention.
Again, I'll be dis-mantling the front end, replacing cables, brake shoes, etc.

Happy Motoring!
You should make a list of everything you want to swap out, because unless that includes the lower fork bearings, you don't need to actually drop the fork.
@jwilliams avatar
UTC

Addicted
'60 Allstate VNB1, '60 GS150 VS5, '61 Cushman VBB1, '62 GS160 Mk1 VSB1, '64 GL VLA1, '74 Rally VSE1 200 Euro, '78 P200e VSX, '06 LX150

Addicted
@jwilliams avatar
'60 Allstate VNB1, '60 GS150 VS5, '61 Cushman VBB1, '62 GS160 Mk1 VSB1, '64 GL VLA1, '74 Rally VSE1 200 Euro, '78 P200e VSX, '06 LX150
UTC quote
AKP Aaron,

Don't apologize, you're a British person, Abuello is America, it's cultural.

Mercans have been culturalized into abbreviating everything, particularly if you were in the military, to wit: DMV, ASAP, USA, FIFO, SNAFU, GITMO, SKU, etc. And borrowing words and abbreviations from other languages: cash, didi, skosh, buckaroo, posh, etc. As an old person, I don't understand most of the text messages I get from my younger family. There's an amazing book called "Mother Tongue - English and how it got that way" by Bill Bryson. He talks about English speakers penchant for appreviation.

Oh, I forgot T5Bitsa...maybe an abberation?
OP
@abuello avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@abuello avatar
UTC quote
jwilliams wrote:
AKP Aaron,

Don't apologize, you're a British person, Abuello is America, it's cultural.

Mercans have been culturalized into abbreviating everything, particularly if you were in the military, to wit: DMV, ASAP, USA, FIFO, SNAFU, GITMO, SKU, etc. And borrowing words and abbreviations from other languages: cash, didi, skosh, buckaroo, posh, etc. As an old person, I don't understand most of the text messages I get from my younger family. There's an amazing book called "Mother Tongue - English and how it got that way" by Bill Bryson. He talks about English speakers penchant for appreviation.

Oh, I forgot T5Bitsa...maybe an abberation?
HI,
You make a couple very good points. I belong to a number of classic car forums,. most of the members are within the US. It was interesting when I discovered this 2 stroke passion how popular it was world wide. If AKP has such a disdain for abbreviations , then, I'm sure he is not into texting. LOL! Know what I mean?
Have great day scooterists.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0188s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0055s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]