OP
UTC

Enthusiast
LX50 2T, PK80/135

Enthusiast
LX50 2T, PK80/135
UTC quote
Hi,

Very happy today to (I think) have fixed my first problem.

Have had a 50cc ET4 for one week and this weekend has been my first chance to take a look at things. I wanted to clean the air filter as it was stalling when idling even with the idle turned all the way up.

So, took the plastic side cowling off, started undoing the screws for the filter box when I noticed the end of a big hose hanging there. So, seems like this hose had slipped of the end of the air filter. Put it back on though I haven't been for a ride yet the idling problem seems fixed. Yay

One question, is there any reason that might have been left disconnected intentionally and what are the possible consequences of it being left disconnected?

Thanks! Very happy to have discovered my idling problems were probably not down to much at all.
OP
UTC

Enthusiast
LX50 2T, PK80/135

Enthusiast
LX50 2T, PK80/135
UTC quote
For anyone wondering what on earth the hose that connects to my air filter was I've now looked at a manual and it seems like it was my bellows pipe that was not connected.
Anyone able to tell me what this does and what effect it not being connected would have?
Thanks!
@lae avatar
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio B125, Yamaha YZF R6, Vespa GT125, KTM Duke 125

Hooked
@lae avatar
Piaggio B125, Yamaha YZF R6, Vespa GT125, KTM Duke 125
UTC quote
Never had an ET4 but it was prob the intake, too much/too little oxygen screws with the combustion and that's why you get the crappy idle etc.
OP
UTC

Enthusiast
LX50 2T, PK80/135

Enthusiast
LX50 2T, PK80/135
UTC quote
Thanks, fingers crossed that's all it is!

The hose/pipe looked like it was attached to the air filter box when I was looking down from underneath the seat hence I thought it was actually attached to the air filter box. Maybe it was, will check again tomorrow.
OP
UTC

Enthusiast
LX50 2T, PK80/135

Enthusiast
LX50 2T, PK80/135
UTC quote
So, turns out it wasn't the bellows after all, though I have now reconnected them. Is there actually any reason why you wouldn't want them connected?

What it did turn out to be was the just the idle adjustment. This was the first thing I thought of before even looking at anything. Tried it, thought it was turned all the way up but no difference.
Imagine how stupid I felt today when checked again and had somehow been managing to tighten up the screw on a hoseclamp for the hose coming out the carb instead! Don't know how I missed that!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0136s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0066s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]