@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
A US Air Force C-130 was scheduled to leave Thule Air Base, Greenland, at midnight during a winter month. During the pilot's pre-flight check, he discovers that the latrine holding tank is still full from the last flight. So a message is sent to the base, and an airman who was off duty is called out to take care of it.

The young man finally gets to the air base and makes his way to the aircraft only to find that the latrine pump-truck has been left outdoors and is frozen solid, so he must find another one in the hangar, which takes even more time. He returns to the aircraft and is less than enthusiastic about what he has to do. Nevertheless, he goes about the pumping job deliberately and carefully (and slowly) so as not to risk criticism later.

As he's leaving the plane, the pilot stops him and says, 'Son, your attitude and performance has caused this flight to be late, and I'm going to personally see to it that you are not just reprimanded but punished.'

Shivering in the cold, his task finished, he takes a deep breath, stands tall and says, 'Sir, with all due respect, I'm not your son; I'm an Airman in the United States Air Force. I've been in Thule, Greenland for 11 months without any leave, and reindeers' asses are beginning to look pretty good to me. I have one stripe; it's 2:30 in the morning; the temperature is 40 degrees below zero; and my job here is to pump shit out of an aircraft. Now just exactly what form of punishment did you have in mind?'

The surprised pilot thought a long moment, grinned, and then threw the airman a salute.
@midnight_rider avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
09 GTS (sold) 2014 NC700XD

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@midnight_rider avatar
UTC quote
Laughing emoticon Nice!

But: I have been on the latrine on a C-130, and can tell you that you do not need a truck or pump to empty it! It's just a bucket... (at least on the H model...)
⚠️ Last edited by Midnight Rider on UTC; edited 1 time
@coffeelover avatar
UTC

Lurker
09 lxv150 and 07 lx50

Lurker
@coffeelover avatar
09 lxv150 and 07 lx50
UTC quote
I'm forwarding that one to my daughter stationed at Luke air base Glendale AZ.
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC

saggezza di scala
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie

saggezza di scala
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC quote
I've jumped out of the back of a c-130. At 10,000 feet. 8)
@midnight_rider avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@midnight_rider avatar
UTC quote
Treppenwitz wrote:
Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good (ok ok, a perfectly flying) aircraft???

Razz emoticon
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC

saggezza di scala

saggezza di scala
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC quote
Midnight Rider wrote:
Treppenwitz wrote:
Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good (ok ok, a perfectly flying) aircraft???

Razz emoticon
To earn their parachutist wings.
@knight_train avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2017 BMW R1200GS and 2010 Vespa GTS 250 (shared)

Ossessionato
@knight_train avatar
2017 BMW R1200GS and 2010 Vespa GTS 250 (shared)
UTC quote
Treppenwitz wrote:
Midnight Rider wrote:
Treppenwitz wrote:

Razz emoticon
To earn their parachutist wings.
Because some nit wit with gold on their epaulets told him to.
Laughing emoticon
@fuzzy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fuzzy avatar
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300
UTC quote
My grandfather told a story that during WW1 on a battle ship they did a gunnery exercise. Afterwards he and some other gunners mates were swabbing out the barrell of one of the big guns. Somone behind him said "good work there sailor" Thinking it was a gunners mate behind him helpng push the swab pole he responded "What the hell do you know about work." It was quiet and he turned around to see the Admiral standing there in dress whites.... smiling.
@midnight_rider avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@midnight_rider avatar
UTC quote
Not quite Admiral standard but...

During my conscription time in the German Army we were house on the third floor of a building with balconies looking down onto a field, opposite the mess hall.

One bitterly cold winter morning a couple of guys and myself where walking back in the dark from the mess hall and one guy had his hands in his trouser pockets. From our balcony someone shouted for him to take his hands out of his pockets (nimm die Hände vom Sack). He, having voluteraly extended his conscription time and being one of the longest serving conscripts of the unit quickly replies "Shut up you newbie" (Schnauze du Fux), assuming nobody of importance could be up in our part of the building. We laugh about the incident, walk up the 3 flight of stairs to the top floor to find our red faced company officer waiting. He asked who had the hands in their pockets, and who screamed back at him, dismissed the rest of us and once the heavy and thick fire door closed behind us he just exploded (something about being in the army for 30 years and being called a newbie,...)

Working directly for our company officer I also heard his side: he went up there to see what we where up to, and came upon a big mess in the first room he entered. He was pretty pissed off at this and decided before doing anything rash he will go outside onto the balcony to cool off, where he then saw us walking, the one guy with his hands in his pockets.... By the time he told us his side of the story he was laughing about it already!
@scootinnc avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTSie 250 Silver, LX 50 Silver

Hooked
@scootinnc avatar
Vespa GTSie 250 Silver, LX 50 Silver
UTC quote
Midnight Rider wrote:
Treppenwitz wrote:

Razz emoticon
1. Because it is the coolest thing ever.

2. Because it is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

3. Because others can't or won't!
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula

Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
Re: Sunday humor (nsr) so whatcha gonna do
old as dirt wrote:
A US Air Force C-130 was scheduled to leave Thule Air Base, Greenland, at midnight during a winter month. During the pilot's pre-flight check, he discovers that the latrine holding tank is still full from the last flight. So a message is sent to the base, and an airman who was off duty is called out to take care of it.

The young man finally gets to the air base and makes his way to the aircraft only to find that the latrine pump-truck has been left outdoors and is frozen solid, so he must find another one in the hangar, which takes even more time. He returns to the aircraft and is less than enthusiastic about what he has to do. Nevertheless, he goes about the pumping job deliberately and carefully (and slowly) so as not to risk criticism later.

As he's leaving the plane, the pilot stops him and says, 'Son, your attitude and performance has caused this flight to be late, and I'm going to personally see to it that you are not just reprimanded but punished.'

Shivering in the cold, his task finished, he takes a deep breath, stands tall and says, 'Sir, with all due respect, I'm not your son; I'm an Airman in the United States Air Force. I've been in Thule, Greenland for 11 months without any leave, and reindeers' asses are beginning to look pretty good to me. I have one stripe; it's 2:30 in the morning; the temperature is 40 degrees below zero; and my job here is to pump shit out of an aircraft. Now just exactly what form of punishment did you have in mind?'

The surprised pilot thought a long moment, grinned, and then threw the airman a salute.
Was that Fahrenheit or Celsius?

(Yes, I do know which it was without being told.)
@midnight_rider avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@midnight_rider avatar
UTC quote
mpfrank wrote:

(Yes, I do know which it was without being told.)[/quote]

Nice one! Laughing emoticon
@fuzzy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fuzzy avatar
UTC quote
Midnight Rider wrote:
mpfrank wrote:

(Yes, I do know which it was without being told.)
Nice one! Laughing emoticon[/quote]
When I was in Canada and someone was talking cold weather:

If they reported it was 30 below they were talking in Celsius,

but if they said it was 50 below they were talking in Fahrenheit.

Coldest morning I drove to work was 54 below.
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
In my 11th month in Thule I had the same attitude as that Airman.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0217s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0091s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]