OP
UTC

UTC quote
I will be going to europe on thursday any advice or suggestions will stay in Italy rome and Milan from the 29th till 4 and go to Paris in the 5th of April til the 9th TIA!
UTC

Hooked
Genuine Buddy 170i

Hooked
Genuine Buddy 170i
UTC quote
Paris Traffic ....
Stay off the roads in Paris during morning and evening traffic! It can take 1:30 minutes to get into the City Monday through Friday. I love watching the scooters race between traffic going into the City. Good thing people don't open their car doors! Have fun. Haven't been to Milan, but there is much to see and do in Rome and Paris.
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
Check out if your bank has agreements with banks in those cities for ATM use. You can save a lot in charges if they do. When we were in Rome we used our Bank of America atm card at BNL banks and got good exchange rates and no ATM charges.
@mike_bike_kite avatar
UTC

Banned
GTS250 - GT200 - XJR1300

Banned
@mike_bike_kite avatar
GTS250 - GT200 - XJR1300
UTC quote
I assume you are just arriving by plane and wandering around. Personally I wouldn't pick Rome and Milan in Italy but obviously it depends on your tastes. Rome is quite a busy city and watch out for the pick pockets in the main stations - the only time I ever had my wallet stolen was here and I had to make my way back to the UK with no money at all Crying or Very sad emoticon

Milan is quite a modern city by Italian standards. My preference was to go to Florence, San Gimignano, Siena and Venice - they all connect by train I believe. I used to go every couple of years but somehow seem to have missed out recently. I also liked the Cinque Terra (near La Spezia) which are 5 villages in the cliffs by the sea separated by vinyards and yet more cliffs - lovely to walk through and just sample the food, wine and views.
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
mike_bike_kite wrote:
Rome is quite a busy city and watch out for the pick pockets in the main stations - the only time I ever had my wallet stolen was here and I had to make my way back to the UK with no money at all Crying or Very sad emoticon
Yes good point here. Not sure about the other cities but pickpockets in Rome are notorious. Get a money belt to keep you cards and your money and even your passport if you need to carry it. We were warned a couple times by the owner of the apartment we rented especially when we told her we were taking a train to Frascati.

Speaking of which on our last day in Rome we were dying to get outside the city (you can only look at so many ruins and churches) and I found this blog http://missexpatria.wordpress.com/2009/05/29/perfect-lunchtime-trip-from-rome-frascati-italy/ and we followed the steps exactly. It was a great day. The train is a bit tricky to find like the Harry Potter description in the blog and once you find it you have to walk waaaay down the platform but the ride is beautiful with lots of good views of ancient Roman aqueducts. Also, since Frascati is higher than Rome, some good views of Rome from there.

If you plan the trip to get there at lunch and get to Leda's she will know what you are doing and will be very helpful getting you pointed in the direction of the osteria. The lady there will know what is going on too. The wine is good (they make it there) but if you order water (your only two choices) make sure you specify "no gas" if you don't want sparkling water or that is what you will get. In fact, this goes for most places around and in Rome.

Have a great time. Some pics I took from the Train.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
UTC

UTC quote
thanks aa318906 stickyfrog and mike_bike_kite for the tips more suggestions will be appreciated. I tried to contact casa lambretta in milan thru facebook but got no reply.
@gianni avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS Vintage Red

Molto Verboso
@gianni avatar
GTS Vintage Red
UTC quote
When in Rome please go here for the best Gelato:

http://www.giolitti.it/english/home.html

So good! Have fun!

Cheers,

Gianni
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0207s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0124s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]