OP
@fuzzy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fuzzy avatar
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300
UTC quote
Sure the lady in the car was probably in the wrong but she is enclosed in a 4000 pound weapon. This guy was lucky to walk away.

@brodyfrompa avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
04 GT200 & 2005 PX150(sold), 2005 Bajaj Tuktuk

Molto Verboso
@brodyfrompa avatar
04 GT200 & 2005 PX150(sold), 2005 Bajaj Tuktuk
UTC quote
good thing he had on his good riding shoes!
@dchernikoff avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vintage Red 2007 GTS, 2022 Mazda Miata soft-top (4-wheel MC)!

Ossessionato
@dchernikoff avatar
Vintage Red 2007 GTS, 2022 Mazda Miata soft-top (4-wheel MC)!
UTC quote
Wow and I thought the US had a road rage problem. That is unreal!
@lothar avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa GT 200L

Addicted
@lothar avatar
Vespa GT 200L
UTC quote
YIKES!!!! I hope she just panicked and did not try and kill the cyclist on purpose.
@bulldog89 avatar
UTC

Addicted
Burgman 400

Addicted
@bulldog89 avatar
Burgman 400
UTC quote
That is wild. What country is that located in? Wonder what even started the whole thing?
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
Looks like Brazil. Hard to tell for sure but on the approach shot it looks like she hits him and he retaliates. Then she tries to kill him. He responds and she tries to kill him again. Then he reaches in and tries to grab the keys and she assaults him again. I am thinking she was having a bad day. Feel sorry for the guy in the black Fiat.
UTC

Addicted
P200e

Addicted
P200e
UTC quote
Brasil.
One of the license plates says: Brasilia.
That was crazy!
@joebedford avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2006 Vespa LX 150

Enthusiast
@joebedford avatar
2006 Vespa LX 150
UTC quote
Yeah, I think Brazil, think I made out "Rio de Janeiro" on the bike's plate.
@yanobobano avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS 250ie, GT 200 (cannonball scoot)

Molto Verboso
@yanobobano avatar
GTS 250ie, GT 200 (cannonball scoot)
UTC quote
stickyfrog wrote:
Feel sorry for the guy in the black Fiat.
Same here. Also, that car parked in a parking lot. Bet they were pissed when they came back. Crying or Very sad emoticon
@draakan avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
'10 GTS 300 Super

Enthusiast
@draakan avatar
'10 GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Wow. I got some road rage just watching that. I have no clue how I would respond in that type of situation. But if I got to the part of being dragged and slammed into other cars. I would not be reaching for keys. I would be throwing some kind of fists at them.

But that is easy to say from this side of the keyboard. Who am I kidding, I would have most likely passed out.
@belkwinith avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda CTX 700 DN Automatic Motorcycle

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@belkwinith avatar
UTC quote

Can someone tell me, what are the legal ramifications of a situation like this in this unknown country or in the US or any other country for that matter.
@draakan avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
'10 GTS 300 Super

Enthusiast
@draakan avatar
'10 GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Well in the USA that lady in the car would be in huge trouble. Maybe even attempted homicide, depending on how badly the lawyers want to go after her. Unless she was having some kind of medical emergency.
@lothar avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa GT 200L

Addicted
@lothar avatar
Vespa GT 200L
UTC quote
The biker is lucky they were not in Florida, she could have shot him and ran him over, self defense!
@draakan avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
'10 GTS 300 Super

Enthusiast
@draakan avatar
'10 GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Lothar wrote:
The biker is lucky they were not in Florida, she could have shot him and ran him over, self defense!
Yeah that story makes my heart hurt. Poor family and pretty much everyone involved.
@the_mocker avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2010 Orange S150

Ossessionato
@the_mocker avatar
2010 Orange S150
UTC quote
Belkwinith wrote:

Can someone tell me, what are the legal ramifications of a situation like this in this unknown country or in the US or any other country for that matter.
I can tell you this: Once while bicycling, in a bike lane, A guy waiting to turn right out of a parking lot who was already pulled across the sidewalk began to pull out just as I was crossing his bumper. I smacked the hood with my hand as I narrowly avoided being crushed. Dude chased me for a half a mile. I hopped off the bike, stuck my head into Kinko's and told someone to call 911. The guy came to a screeching halt and flew out of his car at me. I held my bicycle up to block his fists. He jumped in his car and took off. The cops arrived, pulled him over a few blocks away and took me over there without speaking to a single witness. The upshot: They told me it was assault to smack his car or hold up my bike as defensive move and said that if I wanted to press charges they would arrest both of us. Were they telling the truth about the law? Maybe. That was over ten years ago and I still get pissed when I talk about it.

You can't win and the police are often of little to no help, if not harmful themselves.
@bulldog89 avatar
UTC

Addicted
Burgman 400

Addicted
@bulldog89 avatar
Burgman 400
UTC quote
stickyfrog wrote:
Looks like Brazil.
Totally missed Brasilia in the title of the video the first time I looked at it.
@zombies-nyc avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2011 GTS300 Super Duper - 2014 Honda CTX700ND

Molto Verboso
@zombies-nyc avatar
2011 GTS300 Super Duper - 2014 Honda CTX700ND
UTC quote
Looks like self defense to me. Some strange guy on a bike filtering through traffic dosen't like the way you drive so he kicks your car and you hit him back. Now he comes after you and now you don't know what he's going to do to you so you hit the gas.
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
Brazilians have such a temper.
@calvin avatar
UTC

Hooked
2009 GTS 250ie Super, 2006 LX 50 (sold)

Hooked
@calvin avatar
2009 GTS 250ie Super, 2006 LX 50 (sold)
UTC quote
That woman is nuts.
@majadahonda avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
MP3 250, Honda NPS50 Zoomer, BMW C1 200 Excutive

Enthusiast
@majadahonda avatar
MP3 250, Honda NPS50 Zoomer, BMW C1 200 Excutive
UTC quote
Regardless of where they are for me the moral of the story is: Don't stand in front of a car you've just kicked.
@crazyinnyc avatar
UTC

Addicted
07 GTS, 07 Stella

Addicted
@crazyinnyc avatar
07 GTS, 07 Stella
UTC quote
The Mocker wrote:
[...] The upshot: They told me it was assault to smack his car or hold up my bike as defensive move and said that if I wanted to press charges they would arrest both of us. Were they telling the truth about the law? Maybe. That was over ten years ago and I still get pissed when I talk about it.

You can't win and the police are often of little to no help, if not harmful themselves.
Allegedly spitting in someone's direction is assault in NY. Landing it is battery.
@mighty_triceratops avatar
UTC

Addicted
'79 P200

Addicted
@mighty_triceratops avatar
'79 P200
UTC quote
Daamn! Goes to show, doesn't matter who's right, the car always wins. But, why is that video 4 minutes long? I kept waiting for something else to happen.
⚠️ Last edited by mighty_triceratops on UTC; edited 1 time
@super300-js avatar
UTC

GTS 300 Super

@super300-js avatar
GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Re: Think Twice Before Kicking That Car
Fuzzy wrote:
Sure the lady in the car was probably in the wrong but she is enclosed in a 4000 pound weapon. This guy was lucky to walk away.

Wow. I've kicked a few cars in my younger, hot headed, sport bike riding days. I'm lucky New Yorkers are so forgiving!

Cheers,

Jason
@skymizer avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Scoot Sold

Ossessionato
@skymizer avatar
Scoot Sold
UTC quote
Temper, temper
wow Fuzzy, and all that caught on camera!
Hey Zombies...spoken like a real NY City-er You know the cities drivers and their attitude/anger (& I'm a long time Long Islander).
Lucky that neither got killed. Woman (not sure which one she is) was probably Really scared, I would be!
Hey big biker, learn how to pick up your bike!
Feeling sorry for nearby drivers one of those awful days
@mike_bike_kite avatar
UTC

Banned
GTS250 - GT200 - XJR1300

Banned
@mike_bike_kite avatar
GTS250 - GT200 - XJR1300
UTC quote
SkyMiZeR wrote:
Woman (not sure which one she is) was probably Really scared, I would be!
Not sure why the guy kicked the car but she she turned the steering wheel towards him and accelerated hard to hit him the 1st time - she certainly didn't do it by accident! I think after you've tried to kill them for a 2nd time it's difficult to play the "I was scared card"! It's a shame that drivers can't be forced to drive scooters (rather than cars and certainly not large 4*4s) after an incident like this - it might make them a little more understanding.
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC

saggezza di scala
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie

saggezza di scala
@treppenwitz avatar
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie
UTC quote
I can't tell what the car did to prompt the biker to kick the car... and I'm not trying to justify the guy kicking the car (although I've done it once... and knocked off a side mirror on another car in anger).

But using a car as a potentially lethal weapon (as the driver did twice) should be a serious crime just about anywhere.

Here in Israel anyone who did that would be looking at automatic loss of license and potentially some serious jail time.
@hendon avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2004 ET4, 2003 ET4, 1980 P200, 1963 Li150

Molto Verboso
@hendon avatar
2004 ET4, 2003 ET4, 1980 P200, 1963 Li150
UTC quote
In NYC, I'd say the general policy of "no harm, no foul" would apply.

Brendan
@mike_bike_kite avatar
UTC

Banned
GTS250 - GT200 - XJR1300

Banned
@mike_bike_kite avatar
GTS250 - GT200 - XJR1300
UTC quote
they're probably a married couple just having a bad day Laughing emoticon
OP
@fuzzy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fuzzy avatar
UTC quote
mike_bike_kite wrote:
ROFL emoticon
@slomojoe avatar
UTC

Addicted
2005 GT200

Addicted
@slomojoe avatar
2005 GT200
UTC quote
I think in most of the US attempting to run over a person with a car is considered assault with a deadly weapon. Here she did it twice, although the second time she might be able to claim self-defense, as he arguably was going at her.
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super
UTC quote
Yes, difficult to see the 'trigger' point that started this or we could see more clearly what/why it happened, but boy, that is one hot latin temper! Laughing emoticon
@iovisiuppiter avatar
UTC

Hooked
2011 Vespa GTS 250ie, 2008 Vespa LX50, 1966 Vespa 150 Super

Hooked
@iovisiuppiter avatar
2011 Vespa GTS 250ie, 2008 Vespa LX50, 1966 Vespa 150 Super
UTC quote
Treppenwitz wrote:
I can't tell what the car did to prompt the biker to kick the car...
Assumedly obstructed the two wheeler from getting through traffic.

But wow Amazing (and frightening) how quickly that escalated. While it's entertaining to watch a good dummy spit, in this case, overkill much? That's out of all proportion to what was going down, on all accounts.

Geez.
@monit avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS 300

Molto Verboso
@monit avatar
GTS 300
UTC quote
In Australia if a cager uses their vehicle to deliberately injure someone regardless of the circumstances or their success in doing so it's attempted murder. Of course if they succeed it's little more cell time with their new found friends.
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300 Super

Hooked
GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
I just watched the first part a second time. It looks like the guy on the bike and the woman were going at it verbally before it escalated (her window is partially opened and it looks like they were arguing). Towards the end of their verbal exchange, the motorcyclist got pissed and kicked her front bumper. Now granted, he's got big motorcycle boots on and he could have dented her car. But c'mon, there's a huge difference between kicking a bumper and running somebody down with you car.

Who knows what happens in Brasil, but in the States (and depending on the jurisdiction) this woman could easily face felony attempted manslaughter charges. This is just road rage/hot head gone nuts. I'd be curious to know what ultimately happened in terms of charges, etc.
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
mike_bike_kite wrote:
I think this is it! Laughing emoticon
@belkwinith avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@belkwinith avatar
UTC quote
The reason I ask is because I have had about 3 - 4 incidents where the person in the car was clearly trying to injure me.

Now I know to get out of the way and get out of the situation. Which is what I have consistantly done. I have never hit or kicked a car, but I have been pushed enough to think about it.

But it seems as if you go on any physical defensive motion (slap or hit a car), you will be charged with an assult charge.

I was just wondering... exactly how far can you go if you are on a bike? I mean, like The Mocker commented on how he slapped the hood of a car to give them a warning, and that was considered an "assult".

I know better than to mess with anyone. But if you are trying to hit me with your 4000lb car, and I hit your 4000lb car with my tiny flesh and bone HAND, how is that an assult?

Am I allowed no defense at all in any situation? Is a hand slap on a car considered a defensive move or an aggressive move? If a car keeps coming to push you off the road, your only resort is to go off the road and what? Was that not an assult by them?
UTC

2009 SportCity 250ie

2009 SportCity 250ie
UTC quote
zombies-nyc wrote:
Looks like self defense to me. Some strange guy on a bike filtering through traffic dosen't like the way you drive so he kicks your car and you hit him back. Now he comes after you and now you don't know what he's going to do to you so you hit the gas.
I think that is crazy! if you change the weapon from car to gun it's easy to see she was in the wrong. Imagine her loading him full of bullets for the car kick, absurd!
UTC

Hooked
GTV 300

Hooked
GTV 300
UTC quote
crazyinnyc wrote:
The Mocker wrote:
[...] The upshot: They told me it was assault to smack his car or hold up my bike as defensive move and said that if I wanted to press charges they would arrest both of us. Were they telling the truth about the law? Maybe. That was over ten years ago and I still get pissed when I talk about it.

Allegedly spitting in someone's direction is assault in NY. Landing it is battery.
Where do you guys get this stuff? At best it's harassment, no way would it constitute an assault under the NY Penal Law.
@louis avatar
UTC

Hooked
'07 GTS 250ie (Midnight Blue), '07 GTS 250ie (Dragon Red - wife's ride)

Hooked
@louis avatar
'07 GTS 250ie (Midnight Blue), '07 GTS 250ie (Dragon Red - wife's ride)
UTC quote
Treppenwitz wrote:
I can't tell what the car did to prompt the biker to kick the car... and I'm not trying to justify the guy kicking the car (although I've done it once... and knocked off a side mirror on another car in anger).
I was thinking that too... Really you're not going to get away with trying to run someone over, I guess unless they're threatening your life somehow. But I wonder why the guy was where he was to begin with (lane splitting I guess), and why did he kick her car...?

A momentary loss of self-control can really screw up your life. Just not worth it.
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
Passed a pickup truck last year on a side street with the Vino 125cc. The dude went nutz and ran me into ppl's yards. If I was carring, I would have shot his tyres out. I learned, when harassed by a cager when on a scooter, make a nice quick U-turn and get the heck out of there.

In the States we are fair game when on a scooter.
⚠️ Last edited by vision-master on UTC; edited 2 times
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0178s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0028s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]