OP
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300 Super

Hooked
GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Folks, this is NOT scooter related, but thought I'd pass the information along anyway.

I'd be careful sending cashier's checks or other forms of certified funds via Federal Express. I recently sent a cashier's check for several thousand dollars across Country via Federal Express and it never arrived. I used the FexEx standard envelope and included a letter with the check. When I called FedEx customer service to find out what happened, the lady immediately said, "Oh my gosh, another one" [or words to that effect] and explained FedEx has been experiencing problems with drivers (and presumably others) taking money and checks out of packages. This just shocks me. First, how would a driver or anybody else know that there's a check in a sealed FedEx envelope? Second, how can a driver or anybody else ever use a cashier's check made out to somebody else? I've never had problems with FedEx before, and I've always thought of FedEx as the gold standard for overnight delivery. In the end, I was fortunate because FedEx ultimately found the envelope and the check, but apparently the package had been opened. In the meantime, we had already put through a stop payment on the cashier's check with the bank, which itself is not an easy process.

I transfer funds electronically whenever I can. But there are times when you need or want to send a hard copy certified check. Frankly, I don't know what to do in the future. Maybe it's just me, but it seems nuts and a little sad that we're now to the point in our society where we can't trust overnight delivery. I know there must be thousands of honest delivery guys out there, and I'm sure they don't like it either. But it's still disturbing.
@vintage_red_matthew avatar
UTC

MV Santa
GTS250, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown

MV Santa
@vintage_red_matthew avatar
GTS250, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown
UTC quote
Would it have been better to send it registered mail?

Semi related: I recently sold an item on ebay for apx $500. I shipped it USPS insured for $500. It was damaged in shipping and I refunded the buyers money. I filed a claim almost three months ago. I went to my local post office and they could give me no help. Still waiting.
UTC

Ossessionato
Piaggio BV250

Ossessionato
Piaggio BV250
UTC quote
One can obtain "hard copy" documentation of a wire transfer transaction.
UPS will only ship handguns via their "Next Day Air" service, reportedly because they track these packages sufficiently well as to prevent UPS employees from stealing the contents.
@santiago avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS

Ossessionato
@santiago avatar
Vespa GTS
UTC quote
What size envelope can I use to Fedex my wife?
@crazycarl avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax

Ossessionato
@crazycarl avatar
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax
UTC quote
Santiago wrote:
Depends on if you can get her fully deflated and how many times you can fold her.

Razz emoticon
@santiago avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS

Ossessionato
@santiago avatar
Vespa GTS
UTC quote
CrazyCarl wrote:
Santiago wrote:
Depends on if you can get her fully deflated and how many times you can fold her.

Razz emoticon
This in Wiki? Needs pictures. Where is the valve stem? Laughing emoticon
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
Nice shot, Carl.
@zombies-nyc avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2011 GTS300 Super Duper - 2014 Honda CTX700ND

Molto Verboso
@zombies-nyc avatar
2011 GTS300 Super Duper - 2014 Honda CTX700ND
UTC quote
I once sold a driver's side door to a 1929 Model A on eBay. The only box it would fit in was a box from a flat screen TV. Needless to say UPS "lost" the package. I would have loved to have seen the thief's face when he opened it and found a rusty car door. UPS did reimburse me for the shipping and value of the part.
@5plates25screws avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2011 GTS 300ie "MoodyBlu"

Enthusiast
@5plates25screws avatar
2011 GTS 300ie "MoodyBlu"
UTC quote
I had a 1929 Model A Business Coupe. It was my 8th birthday present from my grandfather.
It Had the side rear oval windows.
Sold it to pay for the second senior year of college.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0094s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0031s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]