OP
@tomakat avatar
UTC

2012 Vespa GTS 300 Super

@tomakat avatar
2012 Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
...to find this jacket. Can anyone help me locate this jacket? I've searched the internet, but haven't had any luck.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@orange_s150 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
S 190. Custom VNB 150

Molto Verboso
@orange_s150 avatar
S 190. Custom VNB 150
UTC quote
is it a corizzo jacket? looks like one.
@scutrbrau avatar
UTC

The Beer Guy
2010 GTS 300 Super and 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT

The Beer Guy
@scutrbrau avatar
2010 GTS 300 Super and 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
UTC quote
It does look like a Corazzo but it doesn't match any of the current men's jackets.
@tolivercrash avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2012 Vespa GTS300 Super

Enthusiast
@tolivercrash avatar
2012 Vespa GTS300 Super
UTC quote
I love a good internet hunt. Found several other photos of the same rider and same jacket.

Then it was a matter of trying to read what was on the sleeve and trying to identify the V-shaped logo.

It led me to Dainese, an Italian maker of safety gear for motorcycling and other sports.

Their US website is http://www.dainese.com/us_en/. Get straight to the products for riding at http://www.dainese.com/us_en/motorbike?cat=all.

The jacket in the photos is probably a few years old since I couldn't find one like it on their site. It looks leather and their leather stuff is pricey, but probably worth it.

There's a Dainese store in Costa Mesa. http://www.dstoreorangecounty.com/oc_page.htm

If you're looking for something similarly styled, but a little less expensive, there was a Joe Rocket Ballistic jacket a few years back that's close that you could probably find on eBay or old stock.

How'd I do?
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@tomakat avatar
UTC

2012 Vespa GTS 300 Super

@tomakat avatar
2012 Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
tolivercrash wrote:
I love a good internet hunt. Found several other photos of the same rider and same jacket.

Then it was a matter of trying to read what was on the sleeve and trying to identify the V-shaped logo.

It led me to Dainese, an Italian maker of safety gear for motorcycling and other sports.

Their US website is http://www.dainese.com/us_en/. Get straight to the products for riding at http://www.dainese.com/us_en/motorbike?cat=all.

The jacket in the photos is probably a few years old since I couldn't find one like it on their site. It looks leather and their leather stuff is pricey, but probably worth it.

There's a Dainese store in Costa Mesa. http://www.dstoreorangecounty.com/oc_page.htm

If you're looking for something similarly styled, but a little less expensive, there was a Joe Rocket Ballistic jacket a few years back that's close that you could probably find on eBay or old stock.

How'd I do?
DANG! You're awesome! Are you a private investigator???

I looked at the pricing of those leather Dainese jackets.....yikes! Maybe it's a good thing that they don't sell this jacket anymore.

Thanks for helping me on this..I really appreciate it! What a great forum!!!
@calvin avatar
UTC

Hooked
2009 GTS 250ie Super, 2006 LX 50 (sold)

Hooked
@calvin avatar
2009 GTS 250ie Super, 2006 LX 50 (sold)
UTC quote
Those Dainese jackets are beautiful! I'll probably stick with my Joe Rocket price-wise though! Razz emoticon
@knight_train avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2017 BMW R1200GS and 2010 Vespa GTS 250 (shared)

Ossessionato
@knight_train avatar
2017 BMW R1200GS and 2010 Vespa GTS 250 (shared)
UTC quote
Jeebus, that really is a beautiful jacket. I have a Dainese "Pelle" jacket that almost is a beautiful as that one.
@scootchef avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2010 GTS 300 Super

Ossessionato
@scootchef avatar
2010 GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Love that jacket - love all my Dainese gear. Worth the investment.
@deathbytray avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 Super (RIP) / Stella 2T

Addicted
@deathbytray avatar
GTS 300 Super (RIP) / Stella 2T
UTC quote
I do find Dainese products to be beautifully designed, but I seem to remember them usually being cut pretty slim. Those of us with more ample disposition around the midsection may find them ill fitting, as have I in the past.
OP
@tomakat avatar
UTC

2012 Vespa GTS 300 Super

@tomakat avatar
2012 Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
I went to the local Dianese store in Costa Mesa today with a printout of the picture of the jacket that was provided by Tolivercrash and asked the sales man if they still had this jacket. He said that the jacket was several years old and pointed me to a jacket that was a little similiar, but not to my liking. I asked it they could custom make the jacket and he said that they only custom make only their recent jackets models. Oh well, nice try.

That being said, I did try on several of their current jackets. I really like the fit of their jackets. Yes, they do seem to have a short torso, but since I'm short and slim, that was fine by me. Since the days are getting warmer, I purchased an Air 2 Tex jacket which is very lightweight, ventilated and has shoulder and elbow armour that was very comfortable. I added a back protector into the zippered pocket. I'm all set now until I need to purchase my winter jacket. I'll be back, Dianese!

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@tolivercrash avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2012 Vespa GTS300 Super

Enthusiast
@tolivercrash avatar
2012 Vespa GTS300 Super
UTC quote
tomakat wrote:
DANG! You're awesome! Are you a private investigator???

I looked at the pricing of those leather Dainese jackets.....yikes! Maybe it's a good thing that they don't sell this jacket anymore.

Thanks for helping me on this..I really appreciate it! What a great forum!!!
Sure, no problem. It was like a scavenger hunt.
@camper avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
lx150

Molto Verboso
@camper avatar
lx150
UTC quote
What about the possibility of having one custom made to your build, liking and
from materials of your choice.

I would head to local fabric stores and ask for names of locals who have the talent and interest to do a one off piece.

When you find someone who has a passion to take on this project give them a sample of a current jacket with armor and features you like and want. Stand back and let them do their magic.

Keep us posted ......
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0147s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0041s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]