It is important to clean your air filter(s) as indicated in maintenance schedule for your model. Some models have a secondary air filter which should be cleaned along with the primary air filter.
- #2 x 1-1/2 in. Phillips Head Screwdriver
- #2 x 4 in. (or longer) Phillips Head Screwdriver
- Mild dish detergent
- Either a spray-on foam air filter treatment OR 50:50 mixture of gasoline/AGIP filter oil OR 50:50 mixture of gasoline/recommended engine oil.
- Vinyl or Latex gloves
- Magnetic Tool
- Magnetic Tray
- Shop Light
Contributed by MV user Frank with the help of his daughter Maureen.
- Recommended Foam Air Filter Oils: Maxima Fab-1 Spray-On Filter Treatment or UNI foam filter oil (following the manufacturers directions).
- For the 50:50 mix, it's preferred for better air filtration to use gas & AGIP Filter Oil. If you don't have AGIP, you can use engine oil, Piaggio recommends using Selenia HI Scooter 4 Tech. However, this may not always be available, so you may use the same Full Synthetic 4T scooter oil used in your. engine oil change.
- Time is approximately 45 minutes-2 hours depending on skill level (not counting filter drying time).
Last Updated Thu, 23 Jul 2020 17:46:14 +0000