One of the quickest ways of answering your Vespa questions is to learn to use the search function effectively.
Here's a tutorial for learning the Forums Search features.
1. Just under the Modern Vespa target there's a line of links, the third one being the 'Search' feature. click on it.
2. On the Search page there's two panels; the upper Search Query and the lower Search Options.
3. In the Upper panel the Search Query box is used for Searching for the words or phrases you'll interested in. There are three buttons below the keyword search box. The default setting 'Search for all terms' returns only those posts containing ALL the words you've used. The second button ' 'Search for any terms or use query as entered' returns ANY messages containing ANY of the words you typed in. The third button allows for the "Advanced" search option. It's for those that prefer to use a query language (e.g. "gts AND 300 NOT 250") you now have an option to indicate that this is the type of search you are performing. Entering terms such as AND, OR, and NOT in one of the other search modes will probably not yield the results you're hoping for.
4. The lower panel in the Search Query box is used for Searching for Authors: you can search for Keywords and Authors in the same query.
5. The Search Options panel allows you to choose Which Forum to search or search All the forums (upper left of the panel), or what class or Category to search in (Forums, Classifieds or Reference) as drop down menus. finally the two lower left buttons allows you to display the results as single posts (Posts) or message threads (Topics)
6. The right side of the Search Options panel allows to (from upper to lower);
Search all posts or limit them by time.
the next buttons allow Search all the post, just the titles or just the messages.
Search by post: time, post subject, title topic or author or forum; Title topic brings up fewer hits (easy to look though)
the next buttons allow sorting in Ascending or Descending order
The Return first (drop down menu) characters of posts works to show part the message body when the lower left Display results as: Posts is selected.
Finally; Start the Search using the lower central Search box.
Tip: Right clicking (or Ctrl clicking on Mac laptops) on the results the will open the posts in a new tab, allowing for easier scanning of the results.
Clicking on a searched thread in Internet Explorer opens that thread in the original window. This loses the search results, forcing the users to do repeated searches (One way around this is to hit the back button, then the refresh button followed by Retry). Internet Explorer users are advised to right click on interesting threads and use Open in New Tab command. This leaves the original search results available.
Using Google & How to search for an exact phrase:
You can use google to search in the modern vespa site (this limits you to information posted prior to the last time google scanned the forum) by adding
after your search term. In Google you can contain the phrase you're searching for in "quotations". Note the quotations feature doesn't work for the forum's search function.
For example try searching for "custom paint job" on the forum; the first hit is about a custom seat looking good with a paint job.
Now try Google:
"custom paint job" site:modernvespa.com
Results will now be confined to Modern Vespa.