As your cable stretches, and your brake shoes wear, you will find that your brake requires more lever action to engage. This video tutorial demonstrates how to adjust the rear drum brake on a Vespa LX150. This procedure can be applied to any scooter or motorcycle with rear drum brakes.
You can also watch this video on Blogger.
- Two (2) 10mm Wrenches (At least one must be an open-ended or combination wrench.)
- Ruler showing increments in millimeters [mm] or eighths [x/8] of an inch.
- 1/4" drive 10mm Deep socket
Contributed by MV member Frank with the help of his daughter Maureen.
- Having a helper turn the rear wheel while you are measuring the brake lever movement is very helpful.
- Time is approximately 10-30 minutes depending on skill level.
- Check your model's manual for specifics on how far the brake lever should move. This is 10mm or 3/8" on an LX150.
Last Updated Sun, 26 Sep 2010 20:53:42 +0000